Author Topic: I'm sick  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Fr. David

• The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
  • Archon
    • Iglesia Ortodoxa de los Santos Apóstoles
I'm sick
« on: November 08, 2006, 03:47:55 PM »
I've been home all this week with strep, and this is the first time I've been able to sit in front of a PC for more than five seconds without feeling exhausted. I may have to miss the rest of the week, too, if I don't feel better by this evening or early tomorrow...

Prayers, y'all...
Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
Re: I'm sick
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 03:55:09 PM »
O Lord Almighty, the Healer of our souls and bodies, You Who put down and raise up, Who chastise and heal also; do You now, in Your great mercy, visit our brother David, who is sick. Stretch forth Your hand that is full of healing and health, and get him up from his bed, and cure him of his illness. Put away from him the spirit of disease and of every malady, pain and fever to which he is bound; and if he has sins and transgressions, grant to him remission and forgiveness, in that You love mankind. Yes, Lord my God, pity Your creation, through the compassions of Your Only-Begotten Son, together with Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, with Whom You are blessed, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages.
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
O Lord Almighty, the Healer of our souls and bodies, You Who put down and raise up, Who chastise and heal also; do You now, in Your great mercy, visit our brother David, who is sick. Stretch forth Your hand that is full of healing and health, and get him up from his bed, and cure him of his illness. Put away from him the spirit of disease and of every malady, pain and fever to which he is bound; and if he has sins and transgressions, grant to him remission and forgiveness, in that You love mankind. Yes, Lord my God, pity Your creation, through the compassions of Your Only-Begotten Son, together with Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, with Whom You are blessed, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages.
Amen
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:09 PM »

Amen and amen.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 10:13:50 PM »
Lord, please help your servant Reader David and restore his health. Senor, ten peidad. Lord, have mercy.

Offline Fr. David

• The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
  • Archon
    • Iglesia Ortodoxa de los Santos Apóstoles
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the prayer, Fr. Chris, and all the others for the Amen.  Feeling much better today, thanks be to God, but am still staying home one more day today as per doctor's orders.
Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)