OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 08:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gospel of St. John Prologue in Different Languages  (Read 4830 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: April 20, 2003, 06:23:03 PM »

Greetings all!

It is a tradition in our parish(and perhaps most parishes, I'm not sure how far this goes) to have the Gospel reading - the Prologue of St. John's Gospel(John 1:1-16), in as many different languages as possible.  I need help finding a few translations and thought that perhaps others mind find this useful.  What I really need is the gospel in Gaelic and Arabic.  Here are a few other translations:

English (RSV)

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God;
Joh 1:3  all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
Joh 1:4  In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Joh 1:6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7  He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.
Joh 1:8  He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.
Joh 1:9  The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
Joh 1:10  He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11  He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
Joh 1:12  But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.
Joh 1:15  (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")
Joh 1:16  And from his fulness have we all received, grace upon grace.

French (Louis Segond)

Jean 1
1   Au commencement +¬tait la Parole, et la Parole +¬tait avec Dieu, et la Parole +¬tait Dieu.
2   Elle +¬tait au commencement avec Dieu.
3   Toutes choses ont +¬t+¬ faites par elle, et rien de ce qui a +¬t+¬ fait n'a +¬t+¬ fait sans elle.
4   En elle +¬tait la vie, et la vie +¬tait la lumi+¿re des hommes.
5   La lumi+¿re luit dans les t+¬n+¿bres, et les t+¬n+¿bres ne l'ont point re+ºue.
6   Il y eut un homme envoy+¬ de Dieu: son nom +¬tait Jean.
7   Il vint pour servir de t+¬moin, pour rendre t+¬moignage +á la lumi+¿re, afin que tous crussent par lui.
8   Il n'+¬tait pas la lumi+¿re, mais il parut pour rendre t+¬moignage +á la lumi+¿re.
9   Cette lumi+¿re +¬tait la v+¬ritable lumi+¿re, qui, en venant dans le monde, +¬claire tout homme.
10   Elle +¬tait dans le monde, et le monde a +¬t+¬ fait par elle, et le monde ne l'a point connue.
11   Elle est venue chez les siens, et les siens ne l'ont point re+ºue.
12   Mais +á tous ceux qui l'ont re+ºue, +á ceux qui croient en son nom, elle a donn+¬ le pouvoir de devenir enfants de Dieu, lesquels sont n+¬s,
13   non du sang, ni de la volont+¬ de la chair, ni de la volont+¬ de l'homme, mais de Dieu.
14   Et la parole a +¬t+¬ faite chair, et elle a habit+¬ parmi nous, pleine de gr+óce et de v+¬rit+¬; et nous avons contempl+¬ sa gloire, une gloire comme la gloire du Fils unique venu du P+¿re.
15   Jean lui a rendu t+¬moignage, et s'est +¬cri+¬: C'est celui dont j'ai dit: Celui qui vient apr+¿s moi m'a pr+¬c+¬d+¬, car il +¬tait avant moi.
16   Et nous avons tous re+ºu de sa pl+¬nitude, et gr+óce pour gr+óce;

Russian (Russian Synodal Version)

-ÿ-+-¦-+-+ 1
1 -Æ -+-¦-ç-¦-+-¦ -¦-ï-+-+ -í-+-+-¦-+, -+ -í-+-+-¦-+ -¦-ï-+-+ -â -æ-+-¦-¦, -+ -í-+-+-¦-+ -¦-ï-+-+ -æ-+-¦.
2 -P-+-+ -¦-ï-+-+ -¦ -+-¦-ç-¦-+-¦ -â -æ-+-¦-¦.
3 -Æ-ü-¦ -ç-Ç-¦-+ -¥-¦-¦-+ -+-¦-ç-¦-+-+ -¦-ï-é-î, -+ -¦-¦-+ -¥-¦-¦-+ -+-+-ç-é-+ -+-¦ -+-¦-ç-¦-+-+ -¦-ï-é-î, -ç-é-+ -+-¦-ç-¦-+-+ -¦-ï-é-î.
4 -Æ -¥-¦-+ -¦-ï-+-¦ -¦-+-+-+-î, -+ -¦-+-+-+-î -¦-ï-+-¦ -ü-¦-¦-é -ç-¦-+-+-¦-¦-¦-+-¦.
5 -ÿ -ü-¦-¦-é -¦-+ -é-î-+-¦ -ü-¦-¦-é-+-é, -+ -é-î-+-¦ -+-¦ -+-¦-è-Å-+-¦ -¦-¦-+.
6 -æ-ï-+ -ç-¦-+-+-¦-¦-¦, -+-+-ü-+-¦-+-+-ï-¦ -+-é -æ-+-¦-¦; -+-+-Å -¦-+-â -ÿ-+-¦-+-+.
7 -P-+ -+-Ç-+-ê-¦-+ -¦-+-Å -ü-¦-+-¦-¦-é-¦-+-î-ü-é-¦-¦, -ç-é-+-¦-ï -ü-¦-+-¦-¦-é-¦-+-î-ü-é-¦-+-¦-¦-é-î -+ -í-¦-¦-é-¦, -¦-¦-¦-ï -¦-ü-¦ -â-¦-¦-Ç-+-¦-¦-+-+ -ç-Ç-¦-+ -+-¦-¦-+.
8 -P-+ -+-¦ -¦-ï-+ -ü-¦-¦-é, -+-+ [-¦-ï-+ -+-+-ü-+-¦-+], -ç-é-+-¦-ï -ü-¦-+-¦-¦-é-¦-+-î-ü-é-¦-+-¦-¦-é-î -+ -í-¦-¦-é-¦.
9 -æ-ï-+ -í-¦-¦-é -+-ü-é-+-+-+-ï-¦, -Ü-+-é-+-Ç-ï-¦ -+-Ç-+-ü-¦-¦-ë-¦-¦-é -¦-ü-Å-¦-+-¦-+ -ç-¦-+-+-¦-¦-¦-¦, -+-Ç-+-à -+-¦-Å-ë-¦-¦-+ -¦ -+-+-Ç.
10 -Æ -+-+-Ç-¦ -¦-ï-+, -+ -+-+-Ç -ç-Ç-¦-+ -¥-¦-¦-+ -+-¦-ç-¦-+ -¦-ï-é-î, -+ -+-+-Ç -ò-¦-+ -+-¦ -+-+-+-+-¦-+.
11 -ƒ-Ç-+-ê-¦-+ -¦ -ü-¦-+-+-+, -+ -ü-¦-+-+ -ò-¦-+ -+-¦ -+-Ç-+-+-Å-+-+.
12 -É -é-¦-+, -¦-+-é-+-Ç-ï-¦ -+-Ç-+-+-Å-+-+ -ò-¦-+, -¦-¦-Ç-â-Ä-ë-+-+ -¦-+ -+-+-Å -ò-¦-+, -¦-¦-+ -¦-+-¦-ü-é-î -¦-ï-é-î -ç-¦-¦-¦-+-+ -æ-+-¦-+-+-+-+,
13 -¦-+-é-+-Ç-ï-¦ -+-+ -+-é -¦-Ç-+-¦-+, -+-+ -+-é -à -+-é-¦-+-+-Å -+-+-+-é-+, -+-+ -+-é -à -+-é-¦-+-+-Å -+-â-¦-¦, -+-+ -+-é -æ-+-¦-¦ -Ç-+-¦-+-+-+-ü-î.
14 -ÿ -í-+-+-¦-+ -ü-é-¦-+-+ -+-+-+-é-+-Ä, -+ -+-¦-+-é-¦-+-+ -ü -+-¦-+-+, -+-+-+-+-+-¦ -¦-+-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-é-+ -+ -+-ü-é-+-+-ï; -+ -+-ï -¦-+-¦-¦-+-+ -ü-+-¦-¦-â -ò-¦-+, -ü-+-¦-¦-â, -¦-¦-¦ -ò-¦-+-+-+-Ç-+-¦-+-+-¦-+ -+-é -P-é-å-¦.
15 -ÿ-+-¦-+-+ -ü-¦-+-¦-¦-é-¦-+-î-ü-é-¦-â-¦-é -+ -¥-¦-+ -+, -¦-+-ü-¦-+-+-å-¦-Å, -¦-+-¦-+-Ç-+-é: -í-¦-¦ -¦-ï-+ -ó-+-é, -+ -Ü-+-é-+-Ç-+-+ -Å -ü-¦-¦-+-¦-+, -ç-é-+ -ÿ-¦-â-ë-+-¦ -+-¦ -+-+-+-Ä -ü-é-¦-+ -¦-+-¦-Ç-¦-¦-+ -+-¦-+-Å, -+-+-é-+-+-â -ç-é-+ -¦-ï-+ -+-Ç-¦-¦-¦-¦ -+-¦-+-Å.
16 -ÿ -+-é -+-+-+-+-+-é-ï -ò-¦-+ -¦-ü-¦ -+-ï -+-Ç-+-+-Å-+-+ -+ -¦-+-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-é-î -+-¦ -¦-+-¦-¦-+-¦-¦-é-î,

I found the Arabic here, but I can't read Arabic script.  Can someone type it for me in phonetical latinesque letters?

John 1
1   +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¿+Ä+»+Æ+í+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã…+î +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É. +ê+Ä+â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+Ã… .
2   +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¿+Ä+»+Æ+í+É +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É.
3   +¿+É+ç+É +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä +â+Ã…+ä+æ+Ã… +¦+Ä+è+Æ+í+ì+î +ê+Ä+¿+É+¦+Ä+è+Æ+¦+É+ç+É +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ä+è+æ+Ã… +¦+Ä+è+Æ+í+ì +Ã +É+Ã +æ+Ä+º +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä.
4   +ü+É+è+ç+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä+¬+É +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+è+Ä+º+¬+Ã…. +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+è+Ä+º+¬+Ã… +ç+Ä+¦+É+ç+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä+¬+É +Ã¥+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º+¦+É.
5   +ê+Ä+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ã… +è+Ã…+¦+É+è+í+Ã… +ü+É+è +º+ä+++æ+Ä+ä+º+Ä+Ã +É+î +ê+Ä+º+ä+++æ+Ä+ä+º+Ä+Ã +Ã… +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ã…+»+Æ+¦+É+â+Æ +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä.
6   +++Ä+ç+Ä+¦+Ä +Ñ+É+Ã¥+Æ+¦+Ä+º+Ã¥+î +ú+Ä+¦+Æ+¦+Ä+ä+Ä+ç+Ã… +º+ä+ä+ç+Ã… +î +º+¦+Æ+Ã +Ã…+ç+Ã… +è+Ã…+ê+¡+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º+î
7   +¼+Ä+º+í+Ä +è+Ä+¦+Æ+ç+Ä+»+Ã… +ä+É+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+É+î +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ä+¼+Æ+ä+É +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +è+Ã…+ñ+Æ+Ã +É+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+¼+Ä+Ã +É+è+¦+Ã… +¿+É+ê+Ä+º+¦+É+++Ä+¬+É+ç+É.
8   +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+â+Ã…+Ã¥+Æ +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä+î +¿+Ä+ä+Æ +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +¦+Ä+º+ç+É+»+º+ï +ä+É+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+É+î
9   +ü+Ä+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+Ã… +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è +è+Ã…+Ã¥+É+è+¦+Ã… +â+Ã…+ä+æ+Ä +Ñ+É+Ã¥+Æ+¦+Ä+º+Ã¥+ì +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ó+¬+É+è+º+ï +Ñ+É+ä+Ä+ë +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +É.
10   +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +É+î +ê+Ä+¿+É+ç+É +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +Ã…+î +ê+Ä+ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+¦+Æ+¦+É+ü+Æ+ç+Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +Ã….
11   +ê+Ä+é+Ä+»+Æ +¼+Ä+º+í+Ä +Ñ+É+ä+Ä+ë +Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Æ +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ã…+ê+º +«+Ä+º+¦+æ+Ä+¬+Ä+ç+Ã…+î +ê+Ä+ä+Ä+â+É+Ã¥+æ+Ä +ç+Ä+ñ+Ã…+ä+º+Ä+í+É +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+é+Æ+¿+Ä+ä+Ã…+ê+ç+Ã….
12   +ú+Ä+Ã +æ+Ä+º +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +é+Ä+¿+É+ä+Ã…+ê+ç+Ã…+î +ú+Ä+è+É +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +ó+Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Ã…+ê+º +¿+É+º+¦+Æ+Ã +É+ç+É+î +ü+Ä+é+Ä+»+Æ +Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Ä+¡+Ä+ç+Ã…+Ã +Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+Ä +ü+É+è +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +è+Ä+¦+É+è+¦+Ã…+ê+º +ú+Ä+ê+Æ+ä+º+Ä+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É+î
13   +ê+Ä+ç+Ã…+Ã +Ã… +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +ê+Ã…+ä+É+»+Ã…+ê+º +ä+Ä+è+Æ+¦+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +»+Ä+Ã +ì+î +ê+Ä+ä+º+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +¦+Ä+¦+Æ+¿+Ä+¬+É +¼+Ä+¦+Ä+»+ì+î +ê+Ä+ä+º+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +¦+Ä+¦+Æ+¿+Ä+¬+É +¿+Ä+¦+Ä+¦+ì+î +¿+Ä+ä+Æ +Ã +É+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É.
14   +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +¦+Ä+º+¦+Ä +¿+Ä+¦+Ä+¦+º+ï+î +ê+Ä+«+Ä+è+æ+Ä+Ã +Ä +¿+Ä+è+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+Ã¥+Ä+º+î +ê+Ä+Ã¥+Ä+¡+Æ+Ã¥+Ã… +¦+Ä+ú+Ä+è+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +Ã +Ä+¼+Æ+»+Ä+ç+Ã…+î +Ã +Ä+¼+Æ+»+Ä +º+¿+Æ+Ã¥+ì +ê+Ä+¡+É+è+»+ì +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ó+¿+É+î +ê+Ä+ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +Ã +Ã…+Ã +Æ+¬+Ä+ä+É+ë+í+î +¿+É+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+É +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+É.
15   +¦+Ä+ç+É+»+Ä +ä+Ä+ç+Ã… +è+Ã…+ê+¡+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º +ü+Ä+ç+Ä+¬+Ä+ü+Ä +é+Ä+º+ª+É+ä+º+ï: -½+ç+Ä+¦+Ä+º +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è +é+Ã…+ä+Æ+¬+Ã… +¦+Ä+Ã¥+Æ+ç+Ã…: +Ñ+É+Ã¥+æ+Ä +º+ä+ó+¬+É+è+Ä +¿+Ä+¦+Æ+»+É+è +Ã +Ã…+¬+Ä+é+Ä+»+æ+É+Ã +î +¦+Ä+ä+Ä+è+æ+Ä+î +ä+ú+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+ç+Ã… +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +é+Ä+¿+Æ+ä+Ä +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ã…+ê+Æ+¼+Ä+»+Ä-+.
16   +ü+Ä+Ã +É+Ã¥+É +º+Ã +Æ+¬+É+ä+º+Ä+ª+É+ç+É +ú+Ä+«+Ä+¦+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +¼+Ä+Ã +É+è+¦+Ã…+Ã¥+Ä+º +ê+Ä+Ã¥+É+ä+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +Ã¥+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+ï +¦+Ä+ä+Ä+ë +Ã¥+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+ì+î

Add as many as you can find!  Thanks!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
MartinIntlStud

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 07:32:40 PM »

No Greek!? Is Outrage!
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 08:15:43 PM »

Tak!  And ver is da POLISH!!!   Angry

Hypo-Ortho (sort of a pan-Slav---mostly Polish/Ukrainian/Czech with a slight touch of German--Gesundheit!)
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 01:42:04 AM »

Hey, I only asked for two and yet I posted four.  I didn't want to post all of them because what fun is it I find all of them myself?  C'mon participate! Smiley

-Yazid Ibrahim
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 01:48:10 AM »

Here you go. (I hope you have Palatino LinoType, looks much nicer)

+Ü+æ+ñ+æ +Ö+¬+æ+¥+¥+ù+¥ 1
1.1 ß+++ò++ ß+Ç-ü-çß+ç ß+ª++ ß+ü ++ß+¦+¦++-é, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+ü ++ß+¦+¦++-é ß+ª++ -Ç-üß++-é -äß++++ +++¦ß+¦++, +¦+¦ß+¦ +++¦ß++-é ß+ª++ ß+ü ++ß+¦+¦++-é.
1.2 ++ß+ù-ä++-é ß+ª++ ß+É++ ß+Ç-ü-çß+ç -Ç-üß++-é -äß++++ +++¦ß+¦++.
1.3 -Çß+¦++-ä+¦ +¦+¦ß++ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª ß+É+¦ß+¦+++¦-ä++, +¦+¦ß+¦ -ç-ë-üß+¦-é +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª ß+É+¦ß+¦+++¦-ä++ ++ß+É+¦ß+¦ ß+ò++, ß+â +¦ß+¦+¦+++++¦++
1.4 ß+É++ +¦ß+É-äß++ +¦-ëß+¦ ß+ª++, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+í +¦-ëß+¦ ß+ª++ -äß++ -åß+¦-é -äß+¦++ ß+Ç++++-üß++-Ç-ë++-+
1.5 +¦+¦ß+¦ -äß++ -åß+¦-é ß+É++ -äß+ç -â+¦++-äß++ß+¦ -å+¦ß+++++¦+¦, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+í -â+¦++-äß+++¦ +¦ß+É-äß++ ++ß+É +¦+¦-äß+¦+++¦+¦+¦++.
1.6 ß+++ò+¦ß+¦+++¦-ä++ ß+ä++++-ü-ë-Ç++-é ß+Ç-Ç+¦-â-ä+¦++++ß+¦++++-é -Ç+¦-üß+¦ +++¦++ß+ª, ß+ä+++++++¦ +¦ß+É-äß++ ß+++Ö-ëß+¦++++++-é+ç
1.7 ++ß+ù-ä++-é ß+ª+++++¦++ +¦ß+¦-é +++¦-ü-ä-à -üß+++¦++, ß+¦+++¦ +++¦-ü-ä-à -üß+¦-âß+â -Ç+¦-üß+¦ -ä++ß+ª -å-ë-äß+¦-é, ß+¦+++¦ -Çß+¦++-ä+¦-é -Ç+¦-â-ä+¦ß++-â-ë-â+¦++ +¦+¦ß++ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª.
1.8 ++ß+É+¦ ß+ª++ ß+É+¦+¦ß+û++++-é -äß++ -åß+¦-é, ß+Ç++++ß++ ß+¦+++¦ +++¦-ü-ä-à -üß+¦-âß+â -Ç+¦-üß+¦ -ä++ß+ª -å-ë-äß+¦-é.
1.9 ß+ª++ -äß++ -åß+¦-é -äß++ ß+Ç+++++++¦++ß+¦++, ß+â -å-ë-äß+++¦+¦+¦ -Çß+¦++-ä+¦ ß+ä++++-ü-ë-Ç++++, ß+É-ü-çß+¦+++¦++++++ +¦ß+¦-é -äß++++ +¦ß+¦-â++++++.
1.10 ß+É++ -äß++ +¦ß+¦-â++ß+¦ ß+ª++, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+ü +¦ß+¦-â++++-é +¦+¦ß++ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª ß+É+¦ß+¦+++¦-ä++, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+ü +¦ß+¦-â++++-é +¦ß+É-äß++++ ++ß+É+¦ ß+ö+¦++-ë.
1.11 +¦ß+¦-é -äß+¦ ß+¦+¦+¦+¦ ß+ª+++++¦++, +¦+¦ß+¦ ++ß+¦ ß+¦+¦+¦+++¦ +¦ß+É-äß++++ ++ß+É -Ç+¦-üß+¦+++¦+¦++++.
1.12 ß+à -â+++¦ +¦ß+¦ ß+ö+++¦+¦++++ +¦ß+É-äß+¦++, ß+ö+¦-ë+¦+¦++ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+û-é ß+É++++-à -âß+++¦++ -äß+¦+¦+++¦ +++¦++ß+ª +¦+¦++ß+¦-â+++¦+¦, -ä++ß+û-é -Ç+¦-â-ä+¦ß++++-à -â+¦++ +¦ß+¦-é -äß++ ß+ä+++++++¦ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª,
1.13 ++ß+++¦ ++ß+É+¦ ß+É++ +¦ß+¦++ß+¦-ä-ë++ ++ß+É+¦ß+¦ ß+É+¦ +++¦++ß+¦+++¦-ä++-é -â+¦-ü+¦ß++-é ++ß+É+¦ß+¦ ß+É+¦ +++¦++ß+¦+++¦-ä++-é ß+Ç+++¦-üß++-é ß+Ç++++ß++ ß+É+¦ +++¦++ß+ª ß+É+¦+¦++++ß+¦++++-â+¦++.
1.14 +Ü+¦ß+¦ ß+ü ++ß+¦+¦++-é -âß+¦-ü++ ß+É+¦ß+¦+++¦-ä++ +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+É-â+¦ß+¦++-ë-â+¦++ ß+É++ ß+í++ß+û++, +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+É+++¦+¦-âß+¦+++¦+++¦ -äß+¦++ +¦ß+¦+++¦++ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª, +¦ß+¦+++¦++ ß+í-é +++++++++¦+¦++++ß+ª-é -Ç+¦-üß+¦ -Ç+¦-ä-üß+¦-é, -Ç++ß+¦-ü++-é -çß+¦-ü+¦-ä++-é +¦+¦ß+¦ ß+Ç+++++++¦ß+++¦-é.
1.15 ß+++Ö-ëß+¦++++++-é +++¦-ü-ä-à -ü+¦ß+û -Ç+¦-üß+¦ +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª +¦+¦ß+¦ +¦ß+¦+¦-ü+¦+¦+¦++ ++ß+¦+¦-ë++, +ħ+ù-ä++-é ß+ª++ ß+â++ +¦ß+¦-Ç++++, ß+++Æ’ ß+Ç-Çß++-â-ë ++++-à  ÃƒÆ’Ÿ+É-ü-çß+¦+++¦++++-é ß+ö++-Ç-ü++-â++ß+¦++ ++++-à  +¦ß+¦+¦+++++¦++, ß+à -ä+¦ -Ç-üß+¦-äß+¦-é ++++-à  ÃƒÆ’Ÿ+ª++.
1.16 ß+à -ä+¦ ß+É+¦ -ä++ß+ª -Ç++++-üß+++++¦-ä++-é +¦ß+É-ä++ß+ª ß+í+++¦ß+û-é -Çß+¦++-ä+¦-é ß+É++ß+¦+¦+++++¦++, +¦+¦ß+¦ -çß+¦-ü+¦++ ß+Ç++-äß+¦ -çß+¦-ü+¦-ä++-é+ç

courtesy of Myriobiblos
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 01:52:44 AM by prodromos » Logged
Monkey

Recovering Protestant

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 10:05:55 AM »

Here is the Manx Gaelic text. I have a Scots Gaelic, but it only goes to verse 9, I think. I also have an image the Irish Gaelic. It is in a runic script, not the Latin alphabet. While we are jumping around the British Isles, I might also have the Welsh and Cornish text. Let me know if you want them.

Manx Gaelic
1.Ayns y toshiaght va'n Goo, as va'n Goo marish Jee, as va'n Goo Jee.
2 Va'n Goo cheddin ayns y toshiaght marish Jee.
3 Liorishyn va dy chooilley nhee er ny yannoo; as n'egooish cha row nhee erbee jeant va er ny yannoo;
4 Aynsyn va bea, as va'n vea soilshey deiney.
5 As ren y soilshey soilshean ayns y dorraghys, as cha ren y dorraghys goaill-rish.
6 Va dooinney er ny choyrt veih Jee va enmyssit Ean. 7 Haink eh shoh son feanish, dy ymmyrkey feanish jeh'n toilshey, liorishyn dy vod dagh dy chooilley ghooinney credjal.
8 Cha nee eh va'n soilshey shen, agh v'eh er ny choyrt dy ymmyrkey feanish jeh'n toilshey shen.
9 Shen va'n soilshey firrinagh, ta soilshean ayns dy chooilley ghooinney ta cheet er y theihll.
10 V'eh ayns y theihll as va'n seihll er ny yannoo liorishyn, as y seihll cha dug enney er. 11 Haink eh gys e vooinjer hene, agh cha ren e vooinjer hene soiaghey jeh.
12 Agh whilleen as ren soiaghey jeh, dauesyn hug eh pooar dy ve nyn mec dy Yee, eer dauesyn ta credjal ayns yn ennym echey:
13 Va er nyn ruggey, cha nee jeh fuill, ny jeh aigney ny foalley, ny jeh aigney dooinney, agh jeh Jee.
14 As ghow yn Goo er dooghys ny foalley, as ren eh baghey nyn mast' ain (as hug shin my-ner yn ghloyr echey, yn ghloyr myr jeh'n ynrycan Mac er-ny-gheddyn jeh'n Ayr) lane dy ghrayse as dy irrinys.
15 (Dymmyrk Ean feanish jeh, as deie eh, gra, Shoh eh jeh ren mish loayrt, T'eshyn ta cheet my yei er ny hoiaghey roym; son v'eh roym)
16 As jeh'n slane towse echey ta shin ooilley er gheddyn ayrn, as grayse er grayse.

And some others:

Spanish
1 En el principio era el Verbo, y el Verbo era con Dios, y el Verbo era Dios.
2 El era en el principio con Dios.
3 Todas las cosas fueron hechas por medio de +¬l, y sin +¬l no fue hecho nada de lo que ha sido hecho.
4 En +¬l estaba la vida, y la vida era la luz de los hombres.
5 La luz resplandece en las tinieblas, y las tinieblas no la vencieron.
6 Hubo un hombre, enviado por Dios, que se llamaba Juan.
7 El vino como testimonio, a fin de dar testimonio de la luz, para que todos creyesen por medio de +¬l.
8 No era +¬l la luz, sino que vino para dar testimonio de la luz.
9 Aqu+¬l era la luz verdadera que alumbra a todo hombre que viene al mundo.
10 En el mundo estaba, y el mundo fue hecho por medio de +¬l, pero el mundo no le Conoci+¦.
11 A lo suyo vino, pero los suyos no le recibieron.
12 Pero a todos los que le recibieron, a los que creen en su nombre, les dio derecho de ser hechos hijos de Dios,
13 los cuales nacieron no de sangre, ni de la voluntad de la carne, ni de la voluntad de Var+¦n, sino de Dios.
14 Y el Verbo se hizo carne y Habit+¦ entre nosotros, y contemplamos su gloria, como la gloria del unig+¬nito del Padre, lleno de gracia y de verdad.
15 Juan dio testimonio de +¬l y Proclam+¦ diciendo: "Este es aquel de quien dije: El que viene despu+¬s de M+¡ ha llegado a ser antes de M+¡, porque era primero que yo."
16 Porque de su plenitud todos nosotros recibimos, y gracia sobre gracia.

German (DBS)
1Im Anfang war das Wort, und das Wort war bei Gott, und Gott war das Wort.
 2Dasselbe war im Anfang bei Gott.
3Alle Dinge sind durch dasselbe gemacht, und ohne dasselbe ist nichts gemacht, was gemacht ist.
4In ihm war das Leben, und das Leben war das cLicht der Menschen.
5Und das Licht scheint in der Finsternis, und die Finsternis hat's nicht ergriffen.
6Es war ein Mensch, von Gott gesandt, der hie+Æ’ aJohannes.
7Der kam zum Zeugnis, um von dem Licht zu zeugen, damit sie alle durch ihn glaubten.
8Er war nicht das Licht, sondern er sollte zeugen von dem Licht.
9Das war das wahre Licht, das alle Menschen erleuchtet, die in diese Welt kommen. 10Er war in der Welt, und die Welt ist durch ihn gemacht; aber die Welt erkannte ihn nicht.
11Er kam ain sein Eigentum; und die Seinen nahmen ihn nicht auf.
12Wie viele ihn aber aufnahmen, denen gab er Macht, bGottes Kinder zu werden, denen, die an seinen Namen glauben,
13die nicht caus dem Blut noch aus dem Willen des Fleisches noch aus dem Willen eines Mannes, sondern dvon Gott geboren sind.
14Und adas Wort ward Fleisch und wohnte unter uns, und wir sahen bseine Herrlichkeit, eine Herrlichkeit als des eingeborenen Sohnes vom Vater, voller Gnade und Wahrheit.
15Johannes gibt Zeugnis von ihm und ruft: Dieser war es, von dem ich gesagt habe: Nach mir wird kommen, der vor mir gewesen ist; denn er war eher als ich.
16Und von cseiner F++lle haben wir alle genommen Gnade um Gnade.

Latin (Vulgate)
1 in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
2 hoc erat in principio apud Deum
3 omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est
4 in ipso vita erat et vita erat lux hominum
5 et lux in tenebris lucet et tenebrae eam non conprehenderunt
6 fuit homo missus a Deo cui nomen erat Iohannes
7 hic venit in testimonium ut testimonium perhiberet de lumine ut omnes crederent per illum
8 non erat ille lux sed ut testimonium perhiberet de lumine
9 erat lux vera quae inluminat omnem hominem venientem in mundum
10 in mundo erat et mundus per ipsum factus est et mundus eum non cognovit
11 in propria venit et sui eum non receperunt
12 quotquot autem receperunt eum dedit eis potestatem filios Dei fieri his qui credunt in nomine eius
13 qui non ex sanguinibus neque ex voluntate carnis neque ex voluntate viri sed ex Deo nati sunt
14 et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis et vidimus gloriam eius gloriam quasi unigeniti a Patre plenum gratiae et veritatis
15 Iohannes testimonium perhibet de ipso et clamat dicens hic erat quem dixi vobis qui post me venturus est ante me factus est quia prior me erat
16 et de plenitudine eius nos omnes accepimus et gratiam pro gratia

I have many more. I'll post 'em if you want 'em.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 10:32:56 AM by Monkey » Logged
Monkey

Recovering Protestant

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 10:11:24 AM »

For those interested in linguistics, there is a site, Babel Texts, that has Genesis 11:1-9 (Tower of Babel) in many different languages. Many of the languages are model languages.

Some people have far too much time on there hands.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 10:36:42 AM by Monkey » Logged
Monkey

Recovering Protestant

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 10:36:14 AM »

Tak!  And ver is da POLISH!!!   Angry

Hypo-Ortho (sort of a pan-Slav---mostly Polish/Ukrainian/Czech with a slight touch of German--Gesundheit!)

Polish
(1) Na pocz-à tku by+éo S+éowo, a S+éowo by+éo u Boga, i Bogiem by+éo S+éowo.
(2) Ono by+éo na pocz-à tku u Boga.
(3) Wszystko przez Nie si-Ö sta+éo, a bez Niego nic si-Ö nie sta+éo, co si-Ö sta+éo.
(4) W Nim by+éo ++ycie, a ++ycie by+éo +¢wiat+éo+¢ci-Ã  ludzi,
(5) a +¢wiat+éo+¢-ç w ciemno+¢ci +¢wieci i ciemno+¢-ç jej nie ogarn-Ö+éa.
(6) Pojawi+é si-Ö cz+éowiek pos+éany przez Boga - Jan mu by+éo na imi-Ö.
(7) Przyszed+é on na +¢wiadectwo, aby za+¢wiadczy-ç o +¢wiat+éo+¢ci, by wszyscy uwierzyli przez niego.
(Cool Nie by+é on +¢wiat+éo+¢ci-à , lecz /pos+éanym/, aby za+¢wiadczy-ç o +¢wiat+éo+¢ci.
(9) By+éa +¢wiat+éo+¢-ç prawdziwa, kt+¦ra o+¢wieca ka++dego cz+éowieka, gdy na +¢wiat przychodzi.
(10) Na +¢wiecie by+éo /S+éowo/, a +¢wiat sta+é si-Ö przez Nie, lecz +¢wiat Go nie pozna+é.
(11) Przysz+éo do swojej w+éasno+¢ci, a swoi Go nie przyj-Öli.
(12) Wszystkim tym jednak, kt+¦rzy Je przyj-Öli, da+éo moc, aby si-Ö stali dzie-çmi Bo++ymi, tym, kt+¦rzy wierz-Ã  w imi-Ö Jego -
(13) kt+¦rzy ani z krwi, ani z ++-à dzy cia+éa, ani z woli m-Ö++a, ale z Boga si-Ö narodzili.
(14) A S+éowo sta+éo si-Ö cia+éem i zamieszka+éo w+¢r+¦d nas. I ogl-Ã dali+¢my Jego chwa+é-Ö, chwa+é-Ö, jak-Ã  Jednorodzony otrzymuje od Ojca, pe+éen +éaski i prawdy.
(15) Jan daje o Nim +¢wiadectwo i g+éo+¢no wo+éa w s+éowach: Ten by+é, o kt+¦rym powiedzia+éem: Ten, kt+¦ry po mnie idzie, przewy++szy+é mnie godno+¢ci-à , gdy++ by+é wcze+¢niej ode mnie.
(16) Z Jego pe+éno+¢ci wszyscy+¢my otrzymali - +éask-Ö po +éasce.

Do you want the Ukrainian or Czeck as well?
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 11:40:53 AM »

Thanks, Monkey, the Polish will do fine and is just great!  

I can't read Ukie (dyslexia kicks in like crazy when I see anything that looks like Greek   :'( ), but I can read some Czech, but not as well as Polish, which I read very well.  

I'll ask Fr. Michael if I can read the Polish one at the Agape Vespers of Pascha at noon on Sunday.  Since this will be Fr. Michael's first Pascha with us, I don't yet know what his practice will be, but I'm fairly certain it will have elements of whatever he was used to as a deacon at St. Nicholas Cathedral in Washington, DC.

Hypo-Ortho
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2003, 01:22:18 PM »

Monkey, that's wonderful, thank you!  I would also like the Scots Gaelic, if you don't mind posting it.  Since you have given freely, I will do likewise:

Latin (Biblia Sacra Vulgata)

1   in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
2   hoc erat in principio apud Deum
3   omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est
4   in ipso vita erat et vita erat lux hominum
5   et lux in tenebris lucet et tenebrae eam non conprehenderunt
6   fuit homo missus a Deo cui nomen erat Iohannes
7   hic venit in testimonium ut testimonium perhiberet de lumine ut omnes crederent per illum
8   non erat ille lux sed ut testimonium perhiberet de lumine
9   erat lux vera quae inluminat omnem hominem venientem in mundum
10   in mundo erat et mundus per ipsum factus est et mundus eum non cognovit
11   in propria venit et sui eum non receperunt
12   quotquot autem receperunt eum dedit eis potestatem filios Dei fieri his qui credunt in nomine eius
13   qui non ex sanguinibus neque ex voluntate carnis neque ex voluntate viri sed ex Deo nati sunt
14   et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis et vidimus gloriam eius gloriam quasi unigeniti a Patre plenum gratiae et veritatis
15   Iohannes testimonium perhibet de ipso et clamat dicens hic erat quem dixi vobis qui post me venturus est ante me factus est quia prior me erat
16   et de plenitudine eius nos omnes accepimus et gratiam pro gratia

Romanian

Ioan 1
1 La inceput era Cuvintul si Cuvintul era cu Dumnezeu, si Cuvintul era Dumnezeu.
2 El era la inceput cu Dumnezeu.
3 Toate lucrurile au fost facute prin El, si nimic din ce a fost facut, n-a fost facut fara El.
4 In El era viata, si viata era lumina oamenilor.
5 Lumina lumineaza in intuneric si intunericul n-a biruit-o.
6 A venit un om trimis de Dumnezeu; numele lui era Ioan.
7 El a venit ca martor, ca sa marturiseasca despre Lumina, pentru ca toti sa creada prin el.
8 Nu era el Lumina, ci el a venit ca sa marturiseasca despre Lumina.
9 Lumina aceasta era adevarata Lumina, care lumineaza pe orice om, venind in lume.
10 El era in lume, si lumea a fost facuta prin El, dar lumea nu L-a cunoscut.
11 A venit la ai Sai, si ai Sai nu L-au primit.
12 Dar tuturor celor ce L-au primit, adica, celor ce cred in Numele Lui, le-a dat dreptul sa se faca copii ai lui Dumnezeu;
13 nascuti nu din singe, nici din voia firii lor, nici din voia vreunui om, ci din Dumnezeu.
14 Si Cuvintul S-a facut trup, si a locuit printre noi, plin de har si de adevar. Si noi am privit slava Lui, o slava intocmai ca slava singurului nascut din Tatal.
15 Ioan a marturisit despre El, cind a strigat: "El este Acela despre care ziceam eu: "Cel ce vine dupa mine, este inaintea mea, pentru ca era inainte de mine."
16 Si noi toti am primit din plinatatea Lui, si har dupa har;

Italian (La Nuova Diadati)

Giovanni 1
1   Nel principio era la Parola e la Parola era presso Dio, e la Parola era Dio.
2   Egli (la Parola) era nel principio con Dio.
3   Tutte le cose sono state fatte per mezzo di lui (la Parola), e senza di lui nessuna delle cose fatte +¿ stata fatta.
4   In lui era la vita e la vita era la luce degli uomini.
5   E la luce risplende nelle tenebre e le tenebre non l'hanno compresa.
6   Vi fu un uomo mandato da Dio, il cui nome era Giovanni,
7   Questi venne come testimone per rendere testimonianza alla luce, affinch+¬ tutti credessero per mezzo di lui;
8   egli non era la luce, ma fu mandato per rendere testimonianza della luce.
9   Egli (la Parola) era la luce vera, che illumina ogni uomo che viene nel mondo.
10   Egli (la Parola) era nel mondo, e il mondo fu fatto per mezzo di lui, ma il mondo non lo ha conosciuto.
11   Egli +¿ venuto in casa sua, e i suoi non lo hanno ricevuto,
12   ma a tutti coloro che lo hanno ricevuto, egli ha dato l'autorit+á di diventare figli di Dio, a quelli cio+¿ che credono nel suo nome,
13   i quali non sono nati da sangue n+¬ da volont+á di carne, n+¬ da volont+á di uomo, ma sono nati da Dio.
14   E la Parola si +¿ fatta carne ed ha abitato fra di noi, e noi abbiamo contemplato la sua gloria, come gloria dell'unigenito proceduto dal Padre, piena di grazia e di verit+á.
15   Giovanni testimoni+¦ di lui e grid+¦, dicendo: -½Questi +¿ colui del quale dicevo: Colui che viene dopo di me mi ha preceduto, perch+¬ era prima di me.
16   E noi tutti abbiamo ricevuto dalla sua pienezza grazia sopra grazia.

Still looking for phonetical Arabic in the latin alphabet.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 09:47:56 PM »

In Icelandic:

J+¦hannesargu+¦spjall 1
     1 +ì upphafi var Or+¦i+¦, og Or+¦i+¦ var hj+í Gu+¦i, og Or+¦i+¦ var Gu+¦.
     2 Hann var +¡ upphafi hj+í Gu+¦i.
     3 Allir hlutir ur+¦u fyrir hann, +ín hans var+¦ ekki neitt, sem til er.
     4 +ì honum var l+¡f, og l+¡fi+¦ var lj+¦s mannanna.
     5 Lj+¦si+¦ sk+¡n +¡ myrkrinu, og myrkri+¦ t+¦k ekki +í m+¦ti ++v+¡.
     6 Ma+¦ur kom fram, sendur af Gu+¦i. Hann h+¬t J+¦hannes.
     7 Hann kom til vitnisbur+¦ar, til a+¦ vitna um lj+¦si+¦, svo a+¦ allir skyldu tr+¦a fyrir hann.
     8 Ekki var hann lj+¦si+¦, hann kom til a+¦ vitna um lj+¦si+¦.
     9 Hi+¦ sanna lj+¦s, sem uppl++sir hvern mann, kom n+¦ +¡ heiminn.
     10 Hann var +¡ heiminum, og heimurinn var or+¦inn til fyrir hann, en heimurinn ++ekkti hann ekki.
     11 Hann kom til eignar sinnar, en hans eigin menn t+¦ku ekki vi+¦ honum.
     12 En +¦llum ++eim, sem t+¦ku vi+¦ honum, gaf hann r+¬tt til a+¦ ver+¦a Gu+¦s b+¦rn, ++eim, er tr+¦a +í
     nafn hans.
     13 +Peir eru ekki af bl+¦+¦i bornir, ekki a+¦ holds vild n+¬ manns vilja, heldur af Gu+¦i f+ªddir.
     14 Og Or+¦i+¦ var+¦ hold, hann bj+¦ me+¦ oss, fullur n+í+¦ar og sannleika, og v+¬r s+íum d++r+¦ hans,
     d++r+¦, sem sonurinn eini +í fr+í f+¦+¦urnum.
     15 J+¦hannes vitnar um hann og hr+¦par: ,,+Petta er s+í sem +¬g +ítti vi+¦, ++egar +¬g sag+¦i: S+í sem
     kemur eftir mig, var +í undan m+¬r, enda fyrri en +¬g.
     16 Af gn+ªg+¦ hans h+¦fum v+¬r allir ++egi+¦, n+í+¦ +í n+í+¦ ofan.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2003, 11:53:26 PM »

OK, I have just done a transliteration of John's Prologue from the Malayalam text I have.  Admittedly, it is a very amateur effort (this is the first time I've ever had to do this), and since I never read the transliterated stuff, but only the real language, I find it hard to deal with transliterations (the real thing is always better and easier).  You are all advised to actually learn how to read the language, and then try to read it, but until then, this will have to suffice.  It is very inadequate, however--I don't know the standard transliteration equivalents, so I made this up along the way pretty much, hoping it'd work if you read it out loud, but my work doesn't do the language justice in at least a few places.

John 1.1-16, Malayalam:

1.  Aadiyil vachanam undaayirunnu; vachanam Daivatthodukoode aayirunnu; vachanam Daivam aayirunnu.  

2.  Avan aadiyil Daivathodukoode aayirunnu.

3.  Sakalavumavan mukhandaram ulavaayi; ulavaayathu onnum avane koodathe ulavaayathalla.  

4. Avanil jeevan undaayirunnu; jeevan manushyarude velichamaayirunnu.  

5. Velicham irulil prakashikkunnu; irulo athine pidicchadakkiyilla.  

6. Daivam ayacchittu oru manushyan vannu.   Avan Yohanaan ennu per.  

7. Avan saakshyatthinnaayi, thaan mukhandarum ellaavarum vishvasikkendathinnu velicchatthekkuricchu saakshyam paravan thanne vannu.  

8. Avan veliccham aayirunnilla; velicchatthinnu saakshyam parayendunnavanathre.  

9. Ethu manushyaneyum prakaashippikkunna sathyaveliccham lokatthilekku vannukondirunnu.

10. Avan lokatthil undayirunnu; lokam avan mukhandaram ulavaayi; lokamo avane arinyilla.  

11. Avan swandatthilekku vannu; swandamaaya vero avane kaikkondilla.  

12. Avane kaikkondu avande naamathil vishvasikkunna evarkkum Daivamakkal aakawaan avan adikaaram  kodutthu.  

13. Avar rakthatthilninnalla, jadhatthinte ishtatthaalalla, purushante ishtatthaalumalla, Daivatthilninnathre janicchathu.  

14. Vachanam jadhamaayi theernnu, krupayum sathyavum nirannyavanaayi nammude idayil paarthu.  Nyangal avante thejass pithaavilninnu ekajaathanaayavante thejassaayi kandu.  

15.  Yohanaan avanekkurichu saaksheekarichu: ente pinnale varunnavan enikku munpanaayi theernnu; avan enikku munpe undaayirunnu ennu vilicchuparannyu.  

16. Avante niravilninnu namukku ellavarkkum krupamel krupa labhicchirikkunnu.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 11:56:19 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 03:10:28 AM »

1  +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¿+Ä+»+Æ+í+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã…+î +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É. +ê+Ä+â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+Ã… .

1 Fil bad'i kaanal Kalima, wal Kalimatu kaana endal Lahi.  Wa kaanal Kalimatu Huwal Lah.

2  +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¿+Ä+»+Æ+í+É +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É.

2 Huwa kaana fil bad'i indal Lahi.

3  +¿+É+ç+É +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä +â+Ã…+ä+æ+Ã… +¦+Ä+è+Æ+í+ì+î +ê+Ä+¿+É+¦+Ä+è+Æ+¦+É+ç+É +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ä+è+æ+Ã… +¦+Ä+è+Æ+í+ì +Ã +É+Ã +æ+Ä+º +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä.

3 BiHi takaw'wana kul'lu shay'in, wa bighayriHi lam yatakaw'wan ay'yu shay'in mim'ma takaw'wana.

4  +ü+É+è+ç+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä+¬+É +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+è+Ä+º+¬+Ã…. +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+è+Ä+º+¬+Ã… +ç+Ä+¦+É+ç+É +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä+¬+É +Ã¥+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º+¦+É.

4 FeeHi kanatil (h)ayyaatu.  Wal (h)ayaatu haathihi kaanat nooran naas.

5  +ê+Ä+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ã… +è+Ã…+¦+É+è+í+Ã… +ü+É+è +º+ä+++æ+Ä+ä+º+Ä+Ã +É+î +ê+Ä+º+ä+++æ+Ä+ä+º+Ä+Ã +Ã… +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ã…+»+Æ+¦+É+â+Æ +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä.

5 Wan nooru yu(d)ee'u fith(th)alaami, wath(th)alaamu lam yudrick an'noora.

6  +++Ä+ç+Ä+¦+Ä +Ñ+É+Ã¥+Æ+¦+Ä+º+Ã¥+î +ú+Ä+¦+Æ+¦+Ä+ä+Ä+ç+Ã… +º+ä+ä+ç+Ã… +î +º+¦+Æ+Ã +Ã…+ç+Ã… +è+Ã…+ê+¡+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º+î

6 (Th)ahara insaanun arsalahul Lahu, ismuhu Yu(h)an'na

7  +¼+Ä+º+í+Ä +è+Ä+¦+Æ+ç+Ä+»+Ã… +ä+É+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+É+î +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ä+¼+Æ+ä+É +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +è+Ã…+ñ+Æ+Ã +É+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+¼+Ä+Ã +É+è+¦+Ã… +¿+É+ê+Ä+º+¦+É+++Ä+¬+É+ç+É.

7 Jaa'a yash'hadu lin'noori, min ajli an yu'minaj jameeu biwaasi(t)atihi

8  +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+â+Ã…+Ã¥+Æ +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ä+î +¿+Ä+ä+Æ +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +¦+Ä+º+ç+É+»+º+ï +ä+É+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+É+î

8 Lam yakun huwan noora, bal kaana shaahidan lin'noori

9  +ü+Ä+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+Ã…+ê+¦+Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+Ã… +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è +è+Ã…+Ã¥+É+è+¦+Ã… +â+Ã…+ä+æ+Ä +Ñ+É+Ã¥+Æ+¦+Ä+º+Ã¥+ì +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ó+¬+É+è+º+ï +Ñ+É+ä+Ä+ë +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +É.

9 Fan noorol (h)aq'qul lathee yuneeru kul'la insaanin kana aatiyan ilal aalam.

10  +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +ü+É+è +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +É+î +ê+Ä+¿+É+ç+É +¬+Ä+â+Ä+ê+æ+Ä+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +Ã…+î +ê+Ä+ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+¦+Æ+¦+É+ü+Æ+ç+Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¦+Ä+º+ä+Ä+Ã +Ã….

10 Kaana fil aalami, wa bihi takaw'wanal aalamu, wa lam yarif'hul aalamu.

11  +ê+Ä+é+Ä+»+Æ +¼+Ä+º+í+Ä +Ñ+É+ä+Ä+ë +Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Æ +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ã…+ê+º +«+Ä+º+¦+æ+Ä+¬+Ä+ç+Ã…+î +ê+Ä+ä+Ä+â+É+Ã¥+æ+Ä +ç+Ä+ñ+Ã…+ä+º+Ä+í+É +ä+Ä+Ã +Æ +è+Ä+é+Æ+¿+Ä+ä+Ã…+ê+ç+Ã….

11 Waqad jaa'a ila man kaanoo khaa(s)atahu, walaakin'na haa'ulaa'i lam yaqbaloohu.

12  +ú+Ä+Ã +æ+Ä+º +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +é+Ä+¿+É+ä+Ã…+ê+ç+Ã…+î +ú+Ä+è+É +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +ó+Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Ã…+ê+º +¿+É+º+¦+Æ+Ã +É+ç+É+î +ü+Ä+é+Ä+»+Æ +Ã +Ä+Ã¥+Ä+¡+Ä+ç+Ã…+Ã +Ã… +º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+Ä +ü+É+è +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +è+Ä+¦+É+è+¦+Ã…+ê+º +ú+Ä+ê+Æ+ä+º+Ä+»+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É+î

12 Am'mal latheena qabiloohu, ay'yil latheena aamanu bismihi, faqad mana(h)ahumul (h)aq'qa fee an ya(s)eeroo awlaadal Lahi.

13  +ê+Ä+ç+Ã…+Ã +Ã… +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è+Ã¥+Ä +ê+Ã…+ä+É+»+Ã…+ê+º +ä+Ä+è+Æ+¦+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +»+Ä+Ã +ì+î +ê+Ä+ä+º+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +¦+Ä+¦+Æ+¿+Ä+¬+É +¼+Ä+¦+Ä+»+ì+î +ê+Ä+ä+º+Ä +Ã +É+Ã¥+Æ +¦+Ä+¦+Æ+¿+Ä+¬+É +¿+Ä+¦+Ä+¦+ì+î +¿+Ä+ä+Æ +Ã +É+Ã¥+Ä +º+ä+ä+ç+É.

13 Wa humul latheena wulidoo laysa min damin, walaa min raghbati jasadin, walaa min raghbati bashari, bal minal Lahi.

14  +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+â+Ä+ä+É+Ã +Ä+¬+Ã… +¦+Ä+º+¦+Ä +¿+Ä+¦+Ä+¦+º+ï+î +ê+Ä+«+Ä+è+æ+Ä+Ã +Ä +¿+Ä+è+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+Ã¥+Ä+º+î +ê+Ä+Ã¥+Ä+¡+Æ+Ã¥+Ã… +¦+Ä+ú+Ä+è+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +Ã +Ä+¼+Æ+»+Ä+ç+Ã…+î +Ã +Ä+¼+Æ+»+Ä +º+¿+Æ+Ã¥+ì +ê+Ä+¡+É+è+»+ì +¦+É+Ã¥+Æ+»+Ä +º+ä+ó+¿+É+î +ê+Ä+ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +Ã +Ã…+Ã +Æ+¬+Ä+ä+É+ë+í+î +¿+É+º+ä+Ã¥+æ+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+É +ê+Ä+º+ä+Æ+¡+Ä+é+æ+É.

14 Wal Kalimatu (s)aara basharan, wakhay'yama baynana, wana(h)nu ra'ayna majdaHu, majda Ibnin wa(h)eedin indal Aabi, wahuwa mumtali' bin'nimati wal(h)aq'qi

15  +¦+Ä+ç+É+»+Ä +ä+Ä+ç+Ã… +è+Ã…+ê+¡+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+º +ü+Ä+ç+Ä+¬+Ä+ü+Ä +é+Ä+º+ª+É+ä+º+ï: -½+ç+Ä+¦+Ä+º +ç+Ã…+ê+Ä +º+ä+æ+Ä+¦+É+è +é+Ã…+ä+Æ+¬+Ã… +¦+Ä+Ã¥+Æ+ç+Ã…: +Ñ+É+Ã¥+æ+Ä +º+ä+ó+¬+É+è+Ä +¿+Ä+¦+Æ+»+É+è +Ã +Ã…+¬+Ä+é+Ä+»+æ+É+Ã +î +¦+Ä+ä+Ä+è+æ+Ä+î +ä+ú+Ä+Ã¥+æ+Ä+ç+Ã… +â+Ä+º+Ã¥+Ä +é+Ä+¿+Æ+ä+Ä +ú+Ä+Ã¥+Æ +ú+Ã…+ê+Æ+¼+Ä+»+Ä-+.

15 Shahada lahu Yu(h)an'na fahatafa qaa'ilan: <<Hatha huwal lathee qultu anhu: in'nal aati badi mutaqad'dimun alay, li'an'nahu kana qabla an uwjada>>

16  +ü+Ä+Ã +É+Ã¥+É +º+Ã +Æ+¬+É+ä+º+Ä+ª+É+ç+É +ú+Ä+«+Ä+¦+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +¼+Ä+Ã +É+è+¦+Ã…+Ã¥+Ä+º +ê+Ä+Ã¥+É+ä+Æ+Ã¥+Ä+º +Ã¥+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+ï +¦+Ä+ä+Ä+ë +Ã¥+É+¦+Æ+Ã +Ä+¬+ì+î

16 Faminim tilaa'ihi akhathna jameeuna wanilna nimatan ala nimatin.

A few notes:

In a number of verses, I have taken the liberty of omitting the final diacritic of the last word.  Some don't always need to be said, and I used my own discretion in choosing which.

The apostrophes indicate stops, and the  is the letter "ein".

The paranthesized letters are Arabic consonants.  Refer to the alphabet chart I sent you via private message.

Those "th"'s that are not paranthesized all sound like the "th" in "the".  In these verses, there is no "th" that sounds as that of "thorn".

Wherever Allah or Lah or some other variant exists, pronounce the "a" as a rolled vowel, exactly as you hear the Muslim call to prayers pronounce it.  The nearest English equivalent I can think of is "Ma" as the Southerners say it.  It isn't identical to that pronunciation, but close.

Double "a"'s.  Those not in bold are pronounced as the "a" in "man" with around the same prolongation.  Those in bold sound like the "a" in the Arabic transliterations of "God", as described above.

None of the single "a"'s sound like those in "bad", "ban", or "clan".  Many sound more like the "e" in "bed" or "end"; I prefer to use an "a" instead of an "e" to represent these because there is still somewhat of an "a" sound in them.  So "bad" and "lam" sound simliar to "bed" and "lem", but not identical to them. The "a"'s are short.

Observe also that different Arabic Bibles are worded differently.  For example, the Arabic presented here states that the Word became a human (not became Flesh).  I am used to the latter.

In IC XC
Samer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 05:13:44 PM by SamB » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: