OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 02:58:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 208386 times) Average Rating: 5
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #630 on: October 02, 2011, 11:08:19 PM »

Volnutt and Trevor are identical brothers

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Volnutt
Archon

Faith: Protestant Universalist

« Reply #631 on: October 02, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »

I never should have signed for the cloning project, they told me that DNA would be disposed of...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #632 on: October 02, 2011, 11:53:59 PM »

2 or 3 years old

Pretty nice facial hair for being two or three years old!

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #633 on: October 03, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »

I never should have signed for the cloning project, they told me that DNA would be disposed of...

a. to deal with conclusively; settle.
b. to get rid of; discard.
c. to transfer or give away, as by gift or sale.
d. to do away with; destroy.

I think it was disposed of, just perhaps not in the way you figured...  Tongue

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #634 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »

I imagine they are husband/wife. I know I would not be comfortable with compliments like that from a brother-in-law.

I married at 18 Smiley We celebrate 15 years of marriage this New Years Eve. I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 20 actually. About 18 years and (soon to be) 5 kids later, we couldn't be happier Smiley I think we are 1 of like 3 couple from my husband's former unit that are still married after two deployments. A lot of people say marrying young is doom for a marriage. I think meeting/marrying young can often result in a stronger marriage.

My wife and I married when she was 17 and I was 19; people told us we were crazy for getting married that young... we were...

I'm not gonna lie, we have had our ups and downs but the flame is still there. It's been great being married these past five years as I have learned and grown so much more than I could have with out a wife.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #635 on: October 03, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »

a. to deal with conclusively; settle.
b. to get rid of; discard.
c. to transfer or give away, as by gift or sale.
d. to do away with; destroy.

I think it was disposed of, just perhaps not in the way you figured...  Tongue
You sound like that guy who told me he'd "take care of" my mutual fund. I could have used that money...
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #636 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »

I imagine they are husband/wife. I know I would not be comfortable with compliments like that from a brother-in-law.

I married at 18 Smiley We celebrate 15 years of marriage this New Years Eve. I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 20 actually. About 18 years and (soon to be) 5 kids later, we couldn't be happier Smiley I think we are 1 of like 3 couple from my husband's former unit that are still married after two deployments. A lot of people say marrying young is doom for a marriage. I think meeting/marrying young can often result in a stronger marriage.

My wife and I married when she was 17 and I was 19; people told us we were crazy for getting married that young... we were...

I'm not gonna lie, we have had our ups and downs but the flame is still there. It's been great being married these past five years as I have learned and grown so much more than I could have with out a wife.
Ahhhhh. My reading comprehension is definitely on the fritz. I thought you were husband/wife first, but then when you started cracking jokes about the BIL, I thought, "Wait a minute..."

SO cute! Smiley

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #637 on: October 03, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »

Ahhhhh. My reading comprehension is definitely on the fritz. I thought you were husband/wife first, but then when you started cracking jokes about the BIL, I thought, "Wait a minute..."

SO cute! Smiley

I never said that the poster known as saffron was my wife...
 Grin Grin Grin

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #638 on: October 03, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »

I'm done. LOL. Checking out while I'm 2 feet deep in my little hole that I'm digging.

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #639 on: October 03, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »

We were given a hard time frequently about marrying as young as we did. You "grow up" together and learn together a great deal. I think marrying so young especially helped with the deployments. We were both able to understand//accept that we would not be the same people we were when we reunited. People inevitably change, grow and become different over time. To expect your husband to be the same after being in a war zone is naive. To anticipate coming home to the same woman you left is also naive. You come back to each other as the same person, but that person isn't the same. You get to know each other all over again. This can cause friction, or it can cause you to fall in love all over again. It really is a choice that you can make, rather than seeing it as something that is forced on you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:39:22 PM by Quinault » Logged
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #640 on: October 04, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »

SO cute! Smiley

I never said that the poster known as saffron was my wife...
 Grin Grin Grin

'De Nile ain't just a river no more.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #641 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »

FR, I received clarification and my instincts were right! Should have stuck with them! Mazel tov for doing this on the board. I would kill to get Mr. Ismi on here.

--
--
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #642 on: October 04, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »

'De Nile ain't just a river no more.

Not since you were born anyway...

Check out my blog...
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #643 on: October 08, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »

(taken with my iPhone)

(at home)

(at the Bob Marley Museum in Jamaica last Spring)

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #644 on: October 08, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »

(taken with my iPhone)

(at home)

(at the Bob Marley Museum in Jamaica last Spring)

Nice pics, especially the one at the Marley museum!

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #645 on: October 08, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »

Thank you Gebre.

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

Image removed at the request of the poster.  - LizaSymonenko

Cause I'm conceited.

No really I bumped this for more othonorm pics! //:=)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:20:43 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »

Suuuure, use him as an excuse for your iPhone mirror pics. Wink

I was looking through some photos of Ukraine for me to post here and I am tres depressed at the difference between how I look then and now. I can't even. I had to put the CD away. (I know it was 4 years ago, but still...)

Mr. Ismi has given approval for me to post a pic of him, but I say no way! I am always paranoid about someone from church knowing that I post here. Grin Plus, I'd have to block out so many people because the best photos are the group shots. So PM me if you're into wedding photos or whatevz and I can send one. Some of you have been nice and PMed photos...I figure I can return the favor!

--
--
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »

PM me, let's see Mr. Mysterioso Ismi lol

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

Yes, I want to see the photos, too!

By the way, not only do my "church" people know I post here, my bishop knows! 

However, I've actually struck up an actual world friendship with one of the posters here, that happens to live about 60 miles from my church.

Because of discussions on this forum, he and his wife traveled to my parish one Sunday....and they've been back a number of times since, even meeting my bishop when he last visited.

The internet can be a great tool!  It is what you make out of it!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #650 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »

me serious

http://liturgia.cerkiew.pl/news.php?id_n=142&id=9
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #651 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »

Let's really see you.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #652 on: December 14, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »

thanks^
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #653 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »

Cause I'm conceited.

No really I bumped this for more othonorm pics! //:=)

lulz. I just saw this due to the bump. The tags are funny cause with my crazy beard coming in for winter I look more like my father, who cudda been a double for Chuck Norris.

So much so, that with just a beard, I get that comment as well, although I really don't take after my father that much.

Shudda posted a photo before the hair cut, I really looked homeless. I now I just look homeless.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #654 on: December 14, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »

thanks^

It's a nice photo. And you are a very handsome young man!

A lot of those around here.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #655 on: December 14, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »

thanks^

Midlife already?
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #656 on: December 14, 2011, 06:59:08 PM »

thanks^

Midlife already?

He doesn't looks so:

Against my better judgement . . .

Pensively in my 2nd favorite place in my ghetto:

Later that day downtown giving nothing by snark to the fans of a ridiculous football team after a cold and windy day:

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #657 on: December 14, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »

That was just a terrible in-joke, actually.  Grin
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #658 on: December 14, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »

If it is mid, we are going to have Orthonorm until he's, like, 80.

My mind is blown. See y'all later.

--
--
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #659 on: December 14, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »

thanks^

Midlife already?

In my family, I am pretty much hitting my deathbed.

But I tell you I am shocked by how the men my age do behave. I always thought a mid-life crisis was a joke, it ain't. And it seems to hit some around age 35.

Hair plugs, sports cars, anger toward younger women, the whole package.

But this is where my many troubles have spared me others, when your whole life has been an enormous crisis, you don't notice such bumps on the road.

Don't worry Ismi, I doubt I'll see much more than 5.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #660 on: December 14, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »

It's a bet I'm hoping you will lose.  Smiley

Maybe I will post another picture of myself. I am getting over my insecurities since I am going to be starting a blog and featuring yours truly in every post. Sigh.

--
--
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #661 on: December 14, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »

Maybe I will post another picture of myself. I am getting over my insecurities since I am going to be starting a blog and featuring yours truly in every post. Sigh.

Oh, I can't wait.

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #662 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »

thanks^

Midlife already?

But I tell you I am shocked by how the men my age do behave. I always thought a mid-life crisis was a joke, it ain't. And it seems to hit some around age 35.

But this is where my many troubles have spared me others, when your whole life has been an enormous crisis, you don't notice such bumps on the road.

Then there's the quarter life crisis where they just move back in with mom and dad...
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #663 on: December 14, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »

thanks^

Midlife already?

Then there's the quarter life crisis where they just move back in with mom and dad...

My grandmother wants me to live with her, would that count as a quarter life crisis and allow me to live like 152 years?

Volnutt
Archon

« Reply #664 on: December 14, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »

Even if it didn't, it might make for a good sitcom premise.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #665 on: December 14, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »

Even if it didn't, it might make for a good sitcom premise.

LOL! If you only knew . . .

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #666 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

Oh, I can't wait.
That wasn't for you; you must be sick of my face by now.

--
--
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #667 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »

ill give you guys the tease. my professional twitter picture

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #668 on: December 14, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »

That's a teaser, montalo? LOL.

Nice Canadian flag, BTW. Smiley

--
--
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #669 on: December 14, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »

That's a teaser, montalo? LOL.

Nice Canadian flag, BTW. Smiley

aye, it is a teaser. im not showing the GOOD parts
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

St. Photini

« Reply #670 on: December 14, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »

My husband and myself on our wedding day.  Smiley  

(btw - that's a silk plant in the back ground. . .not part of a tribal wedding head dress. Cheesy )
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:18:12 PM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #671 on: December 14, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »

ill give you guys the tease. my professional twitter picture

LOL! Canadian domination much?

Oh Canada, wait for the worst thing to come your way from the States since smog.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #672 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »

My husband and myself on our wedding day.  Smiley  

(btw - that's a silk plant in the back ground. . .not part of a tribal wedding head dress. Cheesy )

LOL! It does look like it could be some odd head attire.

A very charming photo.

Congratulations. You are a lovely couple.

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #673 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »

Now Montalo, this is a teaser.

Tongue

When did you get married, quietmorning? I love your hair! My friend tried a similar curl on mine and it fell like a limp noodle during the ceremony. Ah, I'll trade my stick straight hair...

--
--
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #674 on: December 14, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »

Now Montalo, this is a teaser.

Tongue

When did you get married, quietmorning? I love your hair! My friend tried a similar curl on mine and it fell like a limp noodle during the ceremony. Ah, I'll trade my stick straight hair...

Neyece!

Tags: pictures photos 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: