OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 10:44:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 194140 times) Average Rating: 5
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »

This was me at my best friend's wedding over the summer. I'm obviously the one on the right of the photo and the one on the left is a friend from school. I don't know who the old woman is though.  Huh

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »

*bump*

Here's a pic of me proving that I am not, in fact, St. Gregory the Theologian...

Sigh... I'm older... I'm balder... I'm sicker...  Cheesy
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

Faith: One step closer!
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America (GOA)

Back by unpopular demand.

« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2011, 11:42:36 PM »

I dunno....I kind of see a resemblance...

This thread is a gold mine! I love looking at pictures of posters. Thanks for bumping it up.

She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #408 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:38 AM »

Against my better judgement . . .

Pensively in my 2nd favorite place in my ghetto:

Later that day downtown giving nothing by snark to the fans of a ridiculous football team after a cold and windy day:

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #409 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:27 AM »

Everyone in this thread is prettier than me, has better-looking kids than me, has more street-cred than me, has a better beard than me, has better muscles than me and/or appears to have been to and photographed in more interesting places than me, but the effect of reading it is overhwlemingly positive.

Thank you everyone for sharing.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #410 on: May 05, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »

Everyone in this thread is prettier than me, has better-looking kids than me, has more street-cred than me, has a better beard than me, has better muscles than me and/or appears to have been to and photographed in more interesting places than me, but the effect of reading it is overhwlemingly positive.

Thank you everyone for sharing.

I noticed you are from Australia. Well a rather unflattering photo of me would have been when I encountered about a dozen Aussies on a bender of mine.

Before midnight, the Aussies had moved a lot of the tables and chairs in the pub we were in out of the way.

I was then asked for my belt. With enough alcohol any suggestion seems sensible, so I complied.

One of the guys took off his belt as well. This mind you is happening with cheering and jeering like a seen from Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome.

He basically made a figure eight with the belts. Another Aussie took off his belt and laid it on the floor. I was told to get on my hands and knees . . . Again enough alcohol and everything makes some sorta sense.

So we both got on our knees hands on either side of the belt laying on the floor. One loop of the figure eight was place around the middle of our heads and we were to attempt to pull other's entire head across the belt. The loser bought the round.

This went on for over an hour with me as the mark having to engage in this game with everyone of them.

Cheers mate!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:32:43 AM by orthonorm » Logged

akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #411 on: May 05, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »

Hahahahah, that is so Aussie.

Please post photos.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #412 on: May 05, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

Me and me gal. Wink
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:17:37 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2011, 12:55:26 AM »

I am pretty freaked out at how many of the men resemble high school/college crushes and friends.  Shocked I refuse to identify the former.

And seeing orthonorm's pictures are almost convincing me that past lives exist, because you look ridiculously familiar. I feel like I either know you or I am related to you, but either is probably not the case. There is only one woman in my life who I saw in the same way, and it took me 5 years to figure out that she looked like the 43 year old version of one of my best friends in high school. Perhaps you resemble a relative? I still can't figure it out. (Can I inquire about your ethnic background? I know I'm being nosy.)

Gals and guys alike, I do have to say that Oc.net is a great looking board!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:55:48 AM by IsmiLiora » Logged

--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2011, 01:23:26 AM »

And seeing orthonorm's pictures are almost convincing me that past lives exist, because you look ridiculously familiar. I feel like I either know you or I am related to you, but either is probably not the case.

Perhaps you resemble a relative? I still can't figure it out. (Can I inquire about your ethnic background? I know I'm being nosy.)

It's a vermischte misagos a mishpacha! As my Jewish Grandfather would say who wasn't my really my Grandfather and probably never said that. The whole different last name thing didn't really dawn on me till late adolescence.

Mostly Irish. Not Scots-Irish, Lord have mercy! Relatively recently off the boat.

"German". More Austro-Hungarian than Prussian and the "Prussian" being primarily Schwaben, thank God! A bit longer in the States than the Irish folks.

Really though, because a lot of my family got here under political or economic duress, many were orphans, so other than that general sketch I can't be more specific.

Grew up with more than a quarter of my family identifying as Jewish. My Grandfather was one of the folks on the ill fated St. Louis.

Probably just Thom Yorke or Vincent Van Gogh. No beard there, so not so much Van Gogh. As I said, compared to supposed geniuses not in light of my intellect but looks and less than attractive ones at that.

Never forget the 1000th time I heard the Thom Yorke thing, I google the name and one of the first hits had to do with him being in the top 10 unattractive rock musicians of all time.

Set me back in therapy a few years. Oh well.

Having an incredibly alienating personality balances it out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, on the familiarity. I could have dated a family member of yours, if you ain't from Antartica.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:25:35 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #415 on: May 06, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »

Orthonorm, you actually look like James Blunt in the second picture to me.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #416 on: May 06, 2011, 01:32:42 AM »

Orthonorm, you actually look like James Blunt in the second picture to me.

Not even going to look. Already sent at least three kids through Ivy League schools in therapy bills.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #417 on: May 06, 2011, 01:36:47 AM »

Orthonorm, you've got a tad bit of Begby from Trainspotting (Robert Carlyle) in the second picture.  Maybe in more than appearance.  I kid I kid (kind of)  Grin
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:37:07 AM by Cognomen » Logged

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #418 on: May 06, 2011, 01:40:42 AM »

Aw, the self-deprecating posts are getting to me!

Orthonorm, thanks for being as forthcoming as you can about your background.  Smiley It does not, in any way, resemble mine, so you being a distant relative is out. You probably resemble a celebrity, and now it's going to bug me...(and no, not Thom Yorke. One or two of your facial features match up, but there's no way I would see you and think of him. No way!)

I never had anyone compare me to a celebrity before until a few years ago. Two people compared me to the same actress, and when I looked her up on Google, I was like "REALLY?" I mean, she's not ugly, but she has an extremely large forehead and pronounced cheeks. I've been self-conscious ever since.

--
--
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #419 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »

Hahahahah, that is so Aussie.

Please post photos.

Actually would love to, er not really. I hate photos of me. The above happened due to bumping into a pixie of French photojournalist who wanted to see the infamous part the city of I live in. She offered to take some pictures, my Grandmother has incessantly hocked me for one for forever, hence those.

Regarding Aussies. Of the English speaking folks I've drank with, you all are great. Can hold your liquor. Take a ribbing with as much pleasure as giving one. And willing to get into a scuffle if the need be. Always got along well when I would bump into Aussie tourists in town. Sarcasm and general snark always welcomed by you all.

Not surprisingly for an island of prisoners, I found out you all use a incredibly vulgar word in American English as a term of affection for friends.

akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2011, 02:16:47 AM »

Not surprisingly for an island of prisoners, I found out you all use a incredibly vulgar word in American English as a term of affection for friends.

Is it a certain word beginning with C?

I used to find that word offensive and now I'm so disensitised to it it's quite hilarious. I still never use it, myself, though.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #421 on: May 06, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »

I used to find that word offensive and now I'm so disensitised to it it's quite hilarious. I still never use it, myself, though.

You ain't a native Aussie then? And yes, that is the word. No one google if you don't want to be offended.

akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #422 on: May 06, 2011, 02:57:22 AM »

I used to find that word offensive and now I'm so desensitised to it it's quite hilarious. I still never use it, myself, though.

You ain't a native Aussie then? And yes, that is the word. No one google if you don't want to be offended.

I'm native, just a snobby boy who grew up thinking he was better than everyone else that has somewhat mellowed over time, haha.

No-one google it!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »

My ex and I in Santorini Greece

Images removed at the request of the poster.  - LizaSymonenko
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:22:33 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2011, 11:04:40 AM »

Here goes!

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »

Eh, why not.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »

even tho my profile pic is a pic of me, I decided to upload one that is a little more clear. I'm the one in uniform in the first pic and the one on the left in the second pic with my oldest brother in the middle and my middle brother on the right... Third is of me in my usual attire and lastly is my little one and I (she is much older now)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:27:37 PM by dcommini » Logged

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »

I want a picture of ialmisry

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »

Two people compared me to the same actress, and when I looked her up on Google, I was like "REALLY?" I mean, she's not ugly, but she has an extremely large forehead and pronounced cheeks. I've been self-conscious ever since.

Who was it?

IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »

Two people compared me to the same actress, and when I looked her up on Google, I was like "REALLY?" I mean, she's not ugly, but she has an extremely large forehead and pronounced cheeks. I've been self-conscious ever since.

Who was it?
Alison Pill.

Okay, I'm just looking at Google Images again. I actually DO see a resemblance, now that I've gained some weight in my face. Darn five-head, although mine is slightly smaller. Wow, they got it spot on. I look like a half-Asian version of her.

--
--
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

I want a picture of ialmisry
LOL. I first have to figure out how to do it.

In the meantime, the picture of Ricky Nelson looks almost exactly like me in high school.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2011, 09:32:16 PM »

Who was it?
Alison Pill.

Okay, I'm just looking at Google Images again. I actually DO see a resemblance, now that I've gained some weight in my face. Darn five-head, although mine is slightly smaller. Wow, they got it spot on. I look like a half-Asian version of her.

People pay good money for cheeks like that. You should be pleased.

tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »

Third is of me in my usual attire

Awesome! Clan?

and lastly is my little one and I (she is much older now)

A lovely lass.
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »

Clan Armstrong, and she is quite lovely, takes after her mother.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »

People pay good money for cheeks like that. You should be pleased.
Why thank you! Smiley

And dcommini, your daughter is super, super cute. I just had to agree. Grin

--
--
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

Thank you :-)

Check out my blog...
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »

Ok folks, here is a picture of Celtic/Scandinavian Orthodoxy LOL!  Cheesy

WOW. My husband looked amazingly like you when he was younger. He still does, but older. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:11:42 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

--Bump--
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:08:16 PM by Severian » Logged

"What on Earth was I smoking?"

-My personal reaction when re-reading half of the c**p I've written on this forum.
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

me
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »

Rae and I:

About to knock a guy out (Australian Rules Football):

About to creamate another guy (Australian Rules Football):

Making a tackle (Australian Rules Football):

Catching the ball for a mark, scored a goal off of it (Australian Rules Football):

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »

Here's a recent picture of me at the beach:

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »

Nevermind
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:43:46 PM by Severian » Logged

"What on Earth was I smoking?"

-My personal reaction when re-reading half of the c**p I've written on this forum.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »

For those who don't know, my last post was a joke from another thread.

I, of course, look better than the poor goof in that picture.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »

me
Corneliu, esti tu?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

People compare me to Selma Hayek-Pinault all the time, but I don't know what they're talking about.

--
--
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »

Orthonorm looks exactly like what I thought he would. Just like my friend Gordon.

Anyways. I guess I'll join the ranks. Me in all my non-glasses glory.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Adelphi

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »

Dare I?

Of those holding the icons, I'm the far left.

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding. Prov. 23:23.
IsmiLiora
Chronic Exaggerator
Archon

« Reply #447 on: August 03, 2011, 08:37:04 PM »

Okay, whew, I have been wanting to do this for a long time (since I love knowing how other forum members look, I might as well be brave and kindly return the favor), but I have been hesitant for work reasons. But heck, I have a blog, Linkedin, used to have a political blog with a decent following, whatever. I have to get over it.  Cool

Of course, I wear black artsy glasses, but I always have light flashing off of them, so I don't like to take any photographs wearing them. Squint and imagine glasses.

(Obviously my Selma Hayek comparison was a joke.)

--
--
Ruprecht
Formerly Subdeacon Bob.C

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Church of  N.A.; New England Diocese

« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »

Well, I have been reading the many posts on OC.net for a couple of years, but ave only weighed in a few times.  Just plugged my Facebook photo into the profile here, mostly to counterbalance all the young faces in the posts!  Grin  It's heartwarming to see so many young people so serious about their faith.  Continue to spread the word!!    bob.c
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »

Orthonorm looks exactly like what I thought he would. Just like my friend Gordon.

Anyways. I guess I'll join the ranks. Me in all my non-glasses glory.

Is this some pop cult reference I do not know?

Or is your friend truly that cursed?

He'll be in my prayers.

Tags: pictures photos Chuck Norris 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: