OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 11:32:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 154840 times) Average Rating: 5
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2008, 01:49:01 AM »

I thought the ^^ implied 2 posts (e.g. the post above your post with your picture), referencing Nigula's.

Sorry, PtA, I wasn't referring to you as Chinese and I really missed the boat....    Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed
Well my wife is, and in the People's Republic of China, buy being married to a Chinese National, I have the rights of a Chinese person, meaning I can go in to places where other non-citizens cannot go. So you could say I am Chinese by marriage. :-p My Chinese friends assure me this is so!

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2008, 01:52:31 AM »

Well my wife is, and in the People's Republic of China, buy being married to a Chinese National, I have the rights of a Chinese person, meaning I can go in to places where other non-citizens cannot go. So you could say I am Chinese by marriage. :-p My Chinese friends assure me this is so!

Cool.   Cool
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2008, 01:57:40 AM »

I thought the ^^ implied 2 posts (e.g. the post above your post with your picture), referencing Nigula's.
That's why I prefer to just quote the post I'm referring to rather than use those "whaddayamean?" ^^ symbols. Wink
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:04 AM »

That's why I prefer to just quote the post I'm referring to rather than use those "whaddayamean?" ^^ symbols. Wink

I figured that ^ meant one post above, ^^ meant two posts above, etc.

If I wish to quote a more distant post, I find myself referencing Reply #<whatever> even though the quote link is right there.  One can always learn.   Cheesy
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Pray for me, Sts. Mina & Kyrillos VI for my exams

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2008, 02:51:08 AM »

Thank you Mina. I like to think that I have an amazingly beautiful wife.

Of course that's first and foremost.  Smiley  To add to her beauty, you two look great together, and the background is amazing.  The picture is perfect.  I would imagine the professional photographer might ask permission to use this picture for advertisement purposes.

God bless you both.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:51:27 AM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2008, 03:00:49 AM »

Sorry, PtA, I wasn't referring to you as Chinese and I really missed the boat....    Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

I'm curious.  Can you explain what Nigula Qian Zishi is?  Is it a name or a Chinese saying?  If it is a Chinese saying what does it mean?  Thanks.

Orthodoc
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:01:27 AM by Orthodoc » Logged

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »

I have no up-to-date photos of myself, but I have baby and kid photos of myself....as soon as I get the financial aid situation smoothed out, I can post 'em....and ones of my Ruby, too! Grin

*I am no longer posting on OC.net*

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
Carole
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic (ish)

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »

You know, I really DO get compared to Ray quite a lot.  Smiley  I noticed though (and this isn't directed at you Carole) that some of the folks here running their mouths are also the ones not brave enough to post their picture.  Go figure. Roll Eyes

If I can find a decent photo of me I'll post it.  But I have to ask ... Do y'all want a photo with or without the nose stud?  I have some Christian friends who claim to be scandalized by my pierced nose.  Wouldn't want to shock or upset anyone.

Carole
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:41 AM »

I'm curious.  Can you explain what Nigula Qian Zishi is?  Is it a name or a Chinese saying?  If it is a Chinese saying what does it mean?  Thanks.

Orthodoc

Sure thing OrthoDoc,

In Chinese it reads, "Nicholas, Former Deacon" at most Orthodox forums I post as "尼古拉前执事", but OCnet is not able to allow Chinese characters for user names, so I used the PinYin (latinized) version of the name here.

Nigula Qian Zishi
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2008, 09:34:47 AM »

Thank you Mina. I like to think that I have an amazingly beautiful wife.

Of course that's first and foremost.  Smiley  To add to her beauty, you two look great together, and the background is amazing.  The picture is perfect.  I would imagine the professional photographer might ask permission to use this picture for advertisement purposes.

God bless you both.

Thank you again Mina. This picture was not even planned. As we were walking through the part we came upon a bicycle and on a whim, the photographer had us take a few shots there.  As we finished, the bicycle owner came over a hill and heartily approved of us using his bicycle for taking the photos. It, along with the photo I use for my avatar here at OCnet (and most other places) are my favorites of the photos that we took that day.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:41:31 AM by Nigula Qian Zishi » Logged

Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »

I have some Christian friends who claim to be scandalized by my pierced nose.

Really? I find that sort of odd, but maybe I'm too "liberal" Cheesy

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »

I haven't seen Gabriel's picture yet.

Here I am!  Smiley

You look like Raymond on that TV show "Everybody Loves Raymond".

JNORM888
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:10:43 PM by jnorm888 » Logged

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

This was in November of 2002 (back when I was still Episcopal/Anglo-Catholic). That's Bishop Duncon in purple....the Pittsburgh Episcopal Diocese recently left the ECUSA so they are no longer part of the Liberal Denomination.

JNORM888
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:35:56 PM by jnorm888 » Logged

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

Gabriel, you also remind me of Elvis! Wink

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

Voila

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Quinault
Protokentarchos

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »

You know, I really DO get compared to Ray quite a lot.  Smiley  I noticed though (and this isn't directed at you Carole) that some of the folks here running their mouths are also the ones not brave enough to post their picture.  Go figure. Roll Eyes

If I can find a decent photo of me I'll post it.  But I have to ask ... Do y'all want a photo with or without the nose stud?  I have some Christian friends who claim to be scandalized by my pierced nose.  Wouldn't want to shock or upset anyone.

I have to laugh at this since the photo I posted of myself includes my huge septum ring. It is about a 9 gauge right now, once I am done it will be larger and have a deltinium instead of a ring.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

Here I am.

It's nice to be able to put "faces" to the members of this forum!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »

Nice.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:48:10 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

Indeed, your eyes are a stunning blue, Rosehip!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »

My fiancee and I.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »

Thank you, Alveus and EofK. So nice to see everyone's beautiful pictures!

Órëlaurëa
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the midwest

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »

I'm on the left and the gorgeous one on the right is my best friend. Cheesy

Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatricis.

órë: noun \"heart"\ (inner mind),   laurëa: adjective \"golden, like gold"\ http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/quenya.htm
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »

That's a great picture!

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »

He also has a bit of Rick Astley goin' on... Tongue
Love ya, Gabriel!  Cheesy Kiss
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:06:19 PM by Myrrh23 » Logged

We all have a Black Dog and a White Dog inside of us. The One you feed the most eventually eats the Other.

All are tempted, but it is the courageous person who clings to God during the storm. For the Ego is a prison, but Christ is the Liberator
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:44 PM »

Thank you, thank you very much... Cheesy   

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »

Voila

You are quite beautiful Rosehip!
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »

Here I am.

It's nice to be able to put "faces" to the members of this forum!

You looks so happy! You have a nice smile.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2008, 09:47:47 PM »

You are both quite pretty.
Tamara
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

Here is a picture of me from last year's retreat. I gave my first speech about Orthodox unity at
this retreat. I was very nervous!

And here are I am with my buddies and my second mother on the far right at the end of the retreat.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:18:17 PM by Tamara » Logged
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »

LOL... that "gorgeous" one is me with my eye half-closed, as usual.  You're pretty smokin' in that pic, though!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »

Gosh, I've seen the picture of EofK somewhere ...  Ah, Facebook.   Grin
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2008, 12:21:21 AM »

Ok folks, here is a picture of Celtic/Scandinavian Orthodoxy LOL!  Cheesy

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Carole
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic (ish)

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2008, 10:54:01 AM »

I have to laugh at this since the photo I posted of myself includes my huge septum ring. It is about a 9 gauge right now, once I am done it will be larger and have a deltinium instead of a ring.

Cool.  Cheesy  Mine is a very small (and I think "discrete" nose screw in my left nostril).

I have some Christian friends who claim to be scandalized by my pierced nose.

Really? I find that sort of odd, but maybe I'm too "liberal" Cheesy

Oh yeah.  I've been told that I am "immodest" for trying to draw attention to myself.  And that I am "buying into the secular culture" by trying to look like "people who don't know Christ."    Roll Eyes

Here's a very poor photo of my daughter and I right after getting pierced.  It was taken in bad lighting with a camera phone.  Bear in mind I'm wearing no make-up and next to my daughter I look like 20 pounds of dog food.

Carole
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

lolcat addict

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »

We have a pretty good-looking forum community, I'd say!

Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2008, 11:59:20 AM »

My wife Lesya:

http://www.cvm.msstate.edu/basic_sciences/faculty/pinchuk_lesya.html

My daughter Maryana, 24, first from the right in the first row (she looks a tad "feminist" in these big eyeglasses, in my humble opinion she is prettier without them, but what do I know Smiley):

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~slavic/people/graduate_students.htm

Love never fails.
Myrrh23
OC.net guru

« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »

Carole, many of my Indian relatives have a larger piece of jewelry on their noses than you. It's not immodest, but a form of beauty among us, and others. I think it looks good on you! Smiley

Nacho
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »

The Ole' Nach' thought he would stop by and surprise everybody lol! Now, for some pics of yours truly.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:11:29 AM by Nacho » Logged

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2008, 04:24:13 AM »

Dude, you're such a stud muffin.   Tongue
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »

The Chuck Norris talk has been split off into its own topic:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,18523.0.html

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Nacho
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »

Dude, you're such a stud muffin.   Tongue

I know...I know...it's hard bein' me sometimes lol!  Wink Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »

The Ole' Nach' thought he would stop by and surprise everybody lol! Now, for some pics of yours truly.....

Nacho

Your muscles are almost as big as Chuck Norris' muscles.  Cheesy

Troparion - Tone 1:
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »

As I've changed my avatar, which usually is a pic of me, I thought I'd throw these up for my legions of fans Wink

The first one was taken a few years ago at Baltimore's famous Sidebar Tavern, which has become a mecca of sorts for touring punk rock bands to play in.  Folks have come to think of it as Baltimore's CBGBs, which is weird to those of us who used to play there all the time when it first started having gigs.

The second one is me at age 6 or so. 

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »

You sort of looked like Macaulay Culkin!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:11:52 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »

You sort of looked like Macaulay Culkin!

Indeed!  I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to make the face he does in "Home Alone" when he splashes the aftershave on. Smiley

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »

Dude, you need to change your OC name to MrUniverse! Cheesy

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Tags: pictures photos Chuck Norris 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: