Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 940617 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: What does everyone look like?
« Reply #3195 on: August 23, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »
Being on 2800ms, of course I had to take a silly selfie. Mt. Gazbegi was really nice.

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=cfa166b

Nice beard.

+1
+2

BTW, have you had cut your hair?
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #3196 on: August 23, 2015, 07:13:40 PM »
Alpo, you look like one of my fraternity brothers when I was in university.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #3197 on: August 23, 2015, 07:27:14 PM »
I can't think of any situation where that would be a problem.

What if someone says Varg Vikernes is a god among men, and you politely disagree, and they snap and attack you, but being too cowardly to engage in a regular fight they wait until you are turned from them and then grab your earrings and rip them out!!!1!? This seems like a very likely scenario that you may face some day soon.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #3198 on: August 24, 2015, 12:38:27 AM »
Alpo, you look like one of my fraternity brothers when I was in university.

Fraternity? Sorry to hear that hipsterism has invaded your universities too. :P

BTW, have you had cut your hair?

Yup. I got old.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #3199 on: August 24, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
I can't think of any situation where that would be a problem.

What if someone says Varg Vikernes is a god among men, and you politely disagree, and they snap and attack you, but being too cowardly to engage in a regular fight they wait until you are turned from them and then grab your earrings and rip them out!!!1!? This seems like a very likely scenario that you may face some day soon.

Nope. I wouldn't disagree with the idea. Varg Vikernes is a god among men.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3200 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »
I had the blessing and honor of serving the altar with Abouna Daoud Lamie last weekend:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0sMVN64GCA3WjU0MjVxZVR4c2M
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #3201 on: September 09, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
I had the blessing and honor of serving the altar with Abouna Daoud Lamie last weekend:

Who is he?
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3202 on: September 09, 2015, 03:15:56 PM »
Abouna Daoud has grown to be the most influential Coptic clergyman with his lectures and social services, a true modern Chrysostom.  He has drawn a incredibly huge following around the world (for those who can understand Arabic).  Many bishops have even spoken of his influence for their own sermons, one of whom is HG Bishop Raphael, secretary of the Holy Synod.  His sermons and lectures are indeed captivating and attractive and hundreds of videos of his teachings are available on YouTube.  He is also in charge of social services for orphans in Egypt, for the poor, and medical missions in various areas of the world and even continues with the medical profession himself by screening all Egyptians for hep b and c (he was a physician before ordination, but seems to indicate he continues to work in screening patients in a limited extent).

In terms of speaking, you can say he is the Arabic version of Fr. Thomas Hopko, "speaking the Truth in love."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:18:05 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #3203 on: September 09, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
^I wonder if he is the same one who was interviewed in a Road to Emmaus article a couple years ago?  I will have to try to find that the next time I am at Church.

Offline qawe

• High Elder
« Reply #3204 on: September 11, 2015, 07:20:22 AM »
Abouna Daoud has grown to be the most influential Coptic clergyman with his lectures and social services, a true modern Chrysostom.  He has drawn a incredibly huge following around the world (for those who can understand Arabic).  Many bishops have even spoken of his influence for their own sermons, one of whom is HG Bishop Raphael, secretary of the Holy Synod.  His sermons and lectures are indeed captivating and attractive and hundreds of videos of his teachings are available on YouTube.  He is also in charge of social services for orphans in Egypt, for the poor, and medical missions in various areas of the world and even continues with the medical profession himself by screening all Egyptians for hep b and c (he was a physician before ordination, but seems to indicate he continues to work in screening patients in a limited extent).

In terms of speaking, you can say he is the Arabic version of Fr. Thomas Hopko, "speaking the Truth in love."

He is amazing!

Except for his taraneem.

and btw I think I know what you're thinking of re Bishop Raphael, but he never claimed to prepare his sermons from Abouna Daoud.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #3205 on: September 11, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »

Great picture!

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #3206 on: September 11, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »

An excellent synopsis, Mina!  My favorite sermon of Abouna Dawoud's:

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/dawood-lamey-faith-orthodox-church/
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #3207 on: September 11, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
^A great man indeed
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3208 on: September 11, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »

He is amazing!

Except for his taraneem.

and btw I think I know what you're thinking of re Bishop Raphael, but he never claimed to prepare his sermons from Abouna Daoud.

Yes...when he does do the spiritual songs, I pulled out the book "The Armenian Church and the Council of Chalcedon" (I'm in the middle of chapter 6 now...good stuff) to read a page or two or translate the untranslated French in it until they're done with the songs.  :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:56:42 AM by minasoliman »

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #3209 on: September 11, 2015, 02:17:02 PM »

He is amazing!

Except for his taraneem.

Yes...when he does do the spiritual songs, I pulled out the book "The Armenian Church and the Council of Chalcedon" (I'm in the middle of chapter 6 now...good stuff) to read a page or two or translate the untranslated French in it until they're done with the songs.  :P
I just checked that book out from the University library, actually.
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline qawe

• High Elder
« Reply #3210 on: September 11, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »
He is amazing!

Except for his taraneem.

Yes...when he does do the spiritual emotional songs, I pulled out the book "The Armenian Church and the Council of Chalcedon" (I'm in the middle of chapter 6 now...good stuff) to read a page or two or translate the untranslated French in it until they're done with the songs.  :P

FTFY.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
  • GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!
    • The Orthodox Church in Japan (belongs to church)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: J A P A N
« Reply #3211 on: September 17, 2015, 01:16:08 AM »
主や、爾の民を救い、爾の業に福を降し、吾が國に幸いを與へ、爾の十字架にて爾の住所を守り給え -TROPARION OF HOLY CROSS-

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #3212 on: September 17, 2015, 01:55:29 AM »
Very elegant.  How long have you danced ballet?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
« Reply #3213 on: September 17, 2015, 02:14:17 AM »

Thank you. Since I was in elementary 6th grade. My mother is a ballerina.
I will perform Sleeping beauty on the middle  November and that is the rehearsal picture.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #3214 on: September 17, 2015, 02:39:09 AM »

I will perform Sleeping beauty on the middle  November and that is the rehearsal picture.

Best wishes to you.  What part are you playing?

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
« Reply #3215 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:56 AM »

Best wishes to you.  What part are you playing?

my role will be as prince Desire. just an ordinary role.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:00:31 AM by Musashi »

Offline orthodoxindonesia

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
  • Faith: Kristen Ortodoks Timur
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Singapore and South Asia
« Reply #3216 on: September 17, 2015, 03:17:59 AM »
ALLAH Maha Kudus, Sang Kuasa Maha Kudus, Sang Baka Maha Kudus, kasihanilah kami!
Αγιος ο Θεός, Αγιος Ισχυρός, Αγιος Αθάνατος, ελέησον ημάς

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
« Reply #3217 on: September 17, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »

Oh God what a beautiful moments
you look still young... may be same age with me.

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #3218 on: September 17, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
Very nice pictures from both of you,  Musashi and orthodoxindonesia.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #3219 on: September 17, 2015, 01:33:21 PM »

That is just too sweet. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #3220 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

I went to seminary with Fr. Gabriel.  Small world...
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline Musashi

• 主、憐れめよ !
  • Elder
« Reply #3221 on: September 18, 2015, 04:34:54 AM »
Very nice pictures from both of you,  Musashi and orthodoxindonesia.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Thank you

Offline Eruvande

• High Elder
  • Faith: Anglican
  • Jurisdiction: Worcestershire
« Reply #3222 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
Just cos it's fun, here's be me in daylight

Clumsily walking a narrow path and getting most of it wrong, but I'm still walking...

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #3223 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Happy face! :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Sam G

• OC.net guru
  • One Rome to rule them all.
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #3224 on: September 19, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »
Yours truly with his Grace Bishop John of Caracas and South America:

"Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity."

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #3225 on: September 19, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Please post that in The Menswear Thread.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #3226 on: September 19, 2015, 09:44:38 PM »
Yes, cowls for all men.

Offline Sam G

• OC.net guru
  • One Rome to rule them all.
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #3227 on: September 19, 2015, 09:47:38 PM »

Which outfit caught your eye?
"Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity."

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #3228 on: September 19, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »

Yes.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3229 on: September 19, 2015, 10:50:57 PM »

Congrats on 900 posts!

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
« Reply #3230 on: September 20, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »
Thank you. Yes it was a good moment when churching my wife.
ALLAH Maha Kudus, Sang Kuasa Maha Kudus, Sang Baka Maha Kudus, kasihanilah kami!

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
« Reply #3231 on: September 20, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »

That is just too sweet. :)

Thank you. :)

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
« Reply #3232 on: September 20, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
Father Giryus, I met Fr. Gabriel today after liturgy. He told me about our prosphora seal he got from Fr. George his old friend when in seminary. Was it  you, Father?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:10:26 AM by orthodoxindonesia »

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #3233 on: September 20, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »
Yours truly with his Grace Bishop John of Caracas and South America:

Great picture!

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Poppy

• OC.net guru
  • No Artificial Sugar
    • im the pretty one!!!
  • Faith: Muslim
« Reply #3234 on: September 20, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »

wowz I thought you were older than you actually are.

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #3235 on: September 20, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
Father Giryus, I met Fr. Gabriel today after liturgy. He told me about our prosphora seal he got from Fr. George his old friend when in seminary. Was it  you, Father?

Yup.
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3236 on: September 20, 2015, 10:03:20 PM »

wowz I thought you were older than you actually are.
thanks? Lol

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
« Reply #3237 on: September 21, 2015, 05:32:22 AM »

Yup.

He is an awesome priest. We are lucky to have him here.

This is a picture when he blessed my daughter on her 6th birthday last Sunday.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #3238 on: September 21, 2015, 05:35:02 AM »
What is written on the panels below the icons of St Mitrophan and the Mother of God?
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

• T I M
  • Tuhan kasihanilah!
« Reply #3239 on: September 21, 2015, 05:44:31 AM »
What is written on the panels below the icons of St Mitrophan and the Mother of God?

Those are Troparion of St. Mitrophan and Theotokion .
We the laymen used to pray  and read the troparion or theotokion below the icons.