OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 10:54:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone look like?  (Read 199725 times) Average Rating: 5
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #2205 on: February 02, 2014, 01:34:57 AM »

After hitting some links and working for man and the Lord, I decided to have some Chick-fil-a in KY country before grabbing some hand tools. So I went prepared.

A Groundhog's Day miracle! I had hoped you would share this since our conversation on the beard thread. I couldn't imagine you with a beard- it suits you! Maybe I'll share my beard someday. Wink

Since we're sharing what we thought you looked like, I thought you were your former avatar during the Trayvon Martin brouhaha, then you said that was apparently a girl in a black hoodie? Oops. Also I thought your name was Trevor.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2206 on: February 02, 2014, 01:35:22 AM »

LOL! To be honest, as much as I am as pale as they get, I haven't thought of myself as white hardly ever. I've used nearly every racial epithet for them, since I was young.

I don't feel black either. I don't talk like no (word to describe the white twist on Black English).

In short, I am all things to all people. Jumping around a lot as a kid and having to deal with blacks and white trash and being ripped out of my socio-economic class due to a brain malfunction allowed me to pass a lot.

I feel most comfortable in America around lower to working class blacks and whites, especially if the latter are from more rural backgrounds. Cause that's how I grew up.  I lived in a rural country tossed back and forth between the projects where all the blacks lived or a crummy trailer with the trash.

I like you, orthonorm. 

Is there such a thing as American-Indian guilt that I can no longer cash in on?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #2207 on: February 02, 2014, 01:36:29 AM »

I had / have a thing about my appearance (for reasons too long and personal, I think I am hideous at best, which I am OK with, I just hate photos of myself). Anyway, so I've had almost no photos taken of me.

Well you're more photogenic than I am. In all of my pictures I look stoned or sleepy. Believe me or not, but you inspired me to rock the collared-shirt sweater combo when I saw those first two images of you. Dressing like a sharp-dressed man makes me feel better about my physical appearance.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #2208 on: February 02, 2014, 01:39:05 AM »

I wouldn't know, I'm the other way around.  Smiley

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2209 on: February 02, 2014, 01:40:25 AM »

After hitting some links and working for man and the Lord, I decided to have some Chick-fil-a in KY country before grabbing some hand tools. So I went prepared.

A Groundhog's Day miracle! I had hoped you would share this since our conversation on the beard thread. I couldn't imagine you with a beard- it suits you! Maybe I'll share my beard someday. Wink

Since we're sharing what we thought you looked like, I thought you were your former avatar during the Trayvon Martin brouhaha, then you said that was apparently a girl in a black hoodie? Oops. Also I thought your name was Trevor.

LOL! That was Rachel Held Evans Green or whatever. When a buncha white people cared about black kids killed for half a sec and wore hooded sweatshirts in solidarity with them. (I hate the word hoodie).

I was dying laughing to see RHE pull that stunt, but hey she makes a living praying pretend.

Now there is a Trevor here. But no, I think most people who have PMed me or read James' posts know my name is Jason.

augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #2210 on: February 02, 2014, 01:40:52 AM »

When are we gonna see you Mor?
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2211 on: February 02, 2014, 01:41:01 AM »

I wouldn't know, I'm the other way around.  Smiley

I can't tell the difference without your respective headgear or without a bottle of firewater.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2212 on: February 02, 2014, 01:41:37 AM »

You should hear Jason's voice; he sounds like the offspring of Morgan Freeman and Christopher Hitchens  Cheesy

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2213 on: February 02, 2014, 01:43:19 AM »

Not tonight! 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2214 on: February 02, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »

I can't tell the difference without your respective headgear or without a bottle of firewater.

Sometimes I can't tell the difference either. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2215 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »

I had / have a thing about my appearance (for reasons too long and personal, I think I am hideous at best, which I am OK with, I just hate photos of myself). Anyway, so I've had almost no photos taken of me.

Well you're more photogenic than I am. In all of my pictures I look stoned or sleepy. Believe me or not, but you inspired me to rock the collared-shirt sweater combo when I saw those first two images of you. Dressing like a sharp-dressed man makes me feel better about my physical appearance.

You are a good looking young man, you will grown into your own. You already look a lot better than when you first starter posting here. (Your photos of you and classmates are very "cute", but you are becoming a man and shedding that babyfat.) You will mature well if you don't become Gordito.

You look really nice in your collared shirts and sweaters. I grow less vain every year, so I really don't care. I pretty much rock a uniform everyday of the week. I hate thinking about what to wear. And really, between the work I do and where I live, I am better sticking to my roots.

But I still have more jackets and shoes than most women I know. Coming from real poverty, I take exceptional care of my clothes, so they last forever. Once I started getting killer allergies, it took wool off the table except my very sharp wool coat. The fibers just pick up everything and if you have to wash wool a lot, then what's the point of wearing it?

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #2216 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:27 AM »

You should hear Jason's voice; he sounds like the offspring of Morgan Freeman and Christopher Hitchens  Cheesy

I sound like Snuffleupagus. Wink I remember you used to think I was blonde, which I got a kick out of since I'm nearly as far from blonde as you can be.

I used to have this one picture of me that is so awful, it transcends what it means to be a bad picture. I can't even be mad at it, it makes me laugh. I can't find it anywhere now. :/

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #2217 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »

Not tonight! 

Boo hiss! You live on in my mind as Thulsa Doom.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2218 on: February 02, 2014, 01:51:30 AM »

Now that compliment I can well accept! It's been noted on since I got about 3/4 through puberty by men and women a like. My physical appearance was mocked on a near daily basis as a kid in an extremely cruel if creative manner. Somethings you just learn to accept in life.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:52:29 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2219 on: February 02, 2014, 01:53:33 AM »

You live on in my mind as Thulsa Doom.

And that's why flesh is stronger than steel.

I was thinking of bringing Thulsa Doom back as my avatar, but due to popular demand, our sweet baby Jesus will be sticking around for a little while longer.  

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

DeniseDenise
Warned
Archon

« Reply #2220 on: February 02, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »

Now that compliment I can well accept! It's been noted on since I got about 3/4 through puberty by men and women a like. My physical appearance was mocked on a near daily basis as a kid in an extremely cruel if creative manner. Somethings you just learn to accept in life.

The mockers were in error. 

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #2221 on: February 02, 2014, 01:56:41 AM »

Really? I honestly don't see why. Perhaps they sensed your future height, and resented it.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #2222 on: February 02, 2014, 01:57:19 AM »

You live on in my mind as Thulsa Doom.

And that's why flesh is stronger than steel.

I was thinking of bringing Thulsa Doom back as my avatar, but due to popular demand, our sweet baby Jesus will be sticking around for a little while longer.  

Well, it's hard to vote in favor of Thulsa Doom over Our Lord, but he was a hilarious avatar...

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2223 on: February 02, 2014, 01:57:27 AM »

I sound like Snuffleupagus. Wink

Whenever I hear my own voice recorded I sound different than I think I sound when I'm speaking. Weird.

I remember you used to think I was blonde, which I got a kick out of since I'm nearly as far from blonde as you can be.

Oh yeah that's because I got a blonde fetish after watching Sleeping Beauty every day of my life as a small child. Plus my mom is brunette so I associate mean women with brunettes (no offense).

I used to have this one picture of me that is so awful, it transcends what it means to be a bad picture. I can't even be mad at it, it makes me laugh. I can't find it anywhere now. :/

In 8th grade everyone teased me for wearing a suit on picture day and so I still refuse to see my yearbook because the image brings up bad memories.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2224 on: February 02, 2014, 02:03:05 AM »

My physical appearance was mocked on a near daily basis as a kid in an extremely cruel if creative manner. Somethings you just learn to accept in life.

I didn't have many problems with my physical appearance being mocked.

I had more problems with my young, albeit abusive mom.

I was embarrassed when she'd come to my school because she was extremely young and used to wear short shorts in the summer, breaking the school's strictly enforced dress code.

The boys would tease me and the girls would indadvertedly embarrass me by saying they hope to look like my mom when they're older.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:03:21 AM by JamesR » Logged

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #2225 on: February 02, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »

Whenever I hear my own voice recorded I sound different than I think I sound when I'm speaking. Weird.

It's the same for everyone. When you hear yourself while speaking, the vibrations in your body are picked up by your inner ear and affect the sound you hear. On a recording, your voice isn't being influenced by those vibrations so it sounds different. Pretty interesting. I hate the sound of my voice on a recording.

Oh yeah that's because I got a blonde fetish after watching Sleeping Beauty every day of my life as a small child. Plus my mom is brunette so I associate mean women with brunettes (no offense).

None taken- I am merely relieved that you don't associate me with "mean". I know I get on your case from time to time. Wink

In 8th grade everyone teased me for wearing a suit on picture day and so I still refuse to see my yearbook because the image brings up bad memories.

Sorry. Sad  If it makes you feel better, I don't like to see pictures of me from 8th grade either. Tongue Such an awkward age in the development of a person!

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2226 on: February 02, 2014, 02:08:04 AM »

If only knowledge or whatever was enough to heal people. The world would be a lot more awesomer. It's one of the many reasons why I despise all forms of child abuse, cause I know coming from a background were abuse was the norm everywhere, just how different abuse is when you are a child then even as a teen or an adult. As a child it is as if it were writ on your DNA.

Oh well, I really wasn't fishing for compliments and I find most of this stuff embarrassing, but I bring it up sometimes in case some other weirdo out there like me would like to know you don't got "get over it" you can just go on with it. You only got so much psychic energy, spend it wisely.

When Achronos found out a bit about my past he was apoplectic for the shops he did of me and stuff. But as much as it caused me pause, he did me a favor. It was exposure therapy. I knew for him, it was a way of showing he cared. Oh well, sorry to all serious and OT. But there is a lot of benefit to CBT stuff. I can think x and act like y. So I encouraged that weird creative guy to mock up more stuff about me.

And some think it cause I *want* the attention. Achronos if you are reading this, you know I love you so don't go crazy, but I nearly vomited the first time I saw him run wild with my photo.

But after a while, I enjoyed the stuff. He's a weirdly talented guy. And did some cool stuff to my images.

Some here didn't react so well to his creative imagery, no matter how brilliant it was.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2227 on: February 02, 2014, 02:09:25 AM »

My physical appearance was mocked on a near daily basis as a kid in an extremely cruel if creative manner. Somethings you just learn to accept in life.

I was embarrassed when she'd come to my school because she was extremely young and used to wear short shorts in the summer, breaking the school's strictly enforced dress code.

The boys would tease me and the girls would indadvertedly embarrass me by saying they hope to look like my mom when they're older.

Dude, when you posted a photo of your mother, a lot was made clear. Sorry buddy.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2228 on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:42 AM »

Dude, when you posted a photo of your mother, a lot was made clear. Sorry buddy.

It's okay Smiley Just don't let appearances fool you; she's horrible on the inside.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #2229 on: February 02, 2014, 02:17:06 AM »

Sad Don't talk that way about your mother. You only get one, and a lot of the things she did/does that drive you nuts now as a teenager will probably (hopefully) make a lot more sense when you're older and have children of your own.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Archon

« Reply #2230 on: February 02, 2014, 02:18:30 AM »

If only knowledge or whatever was enough to heal people. The world would be a lot more awesomer. It's one of the many reasons why I despise all forms of child abuse, cause I know coming from a background were abuse was the norm everywhere, just how different abuse is when you are a child then even as a teen or an adult. As a child it is as if it were writ on your DNA.

Oh well, I really wasn't fishing for compliments and I find most of this stuff embarrassing, but I bring it up sometimes in case some other weirdo out there like me would like to know you don't got "get over it" you can just go on with it. You only got so much psychic energy, spend it wisely.

Unfortunately there are more bad tales than good a lot of the time....and 'get over'? nah...it's sometimes what you do with what you were dealt....

and without comparing -baggage- or anything...just realize even those that don't advertise, sometimes have more in common then you know...
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2231 on: February 02, 2014, 02:19:10 AM »

It's okay Smiley Just don't let appearances fool you; she's horrible on the inside.

Regardless of her interior self, I was speaking to the burden of having such an attractive and young mother.

I really had no idea. And I can imagine the teasing. And the confusion of many contradictory and ambivalent feelings.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2232 on: February 02, 2014, 02:21:29 AM »

Sad Don't talk that way about your mother. You only get one, and a lot of the things she did/does that drive you nuts now as a teenager will probably (hopefully) make a lot more sense when you're older and have children of your own.

Dude, you don't know his situation. I remember once hitting someone over and over once for telling me how my mother really loved me. And I was like 28.

JamesR is ahead of the curve. Being a head of the curve, he is allowed to have his wheels go a little more than sideways at times.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2233 on: February 02, 2014, 02:22:05 AM »

Dude, you don't know his situation. I remember once hitting someone over and over once for telling me how my mother really loved me. And I was like 28.

JamesR is ahead of the curve. Being a head of the curve, he is allowed to have his wheels go a little more than sideways at times.

Now James, stop. No need to go any further here.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2234 on: February 02, 2014, 02:25:45 AM »

Regardless of her interior self, I was speaking to the burden of having such an attractive and young mother.

I really had no idea. And I can imagine the teasing. And the confusion of many contradictory and ambivalent feelings.

Thanks Jason  Smiley I really enjoy talking to you.

If you don't mind me asking, is your mother still alive? Did you make peace with her when/if she died or not?

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2235 on: February 02, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »

Orthonorm,

I did not tell him how much his mother loves him. I did not say anything about his situation. For all I know, she could really be horrible. Talking about one's parents that way is never good, regardless of situation. It's better to learn that young, when there is probably still time to make peace with whatever the situation is, if peace can be made.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:28:23 AM by dzheremi » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #2236 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:02 AM »

If you don't mind me asking, is your mother still alive? Did you make peace with her when/if she died or not?

James we can move this elsewhere and at another time.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Archon

« Reply #2237 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:29 AM »

Orthonorm,

I did not tell him how much his mother loves him. I did not say anything about his situation. For all I know, she could really be horrible. Talking about one's parents that way is never good, regardless of situation. It's better to learn that young, when there is probably still time to make peace with whatever the situation is, if peace can be made.

And sometimes..there is healing in calling a spade a spade.  Now perhaps one shouldn't do all that 'spade calling' in public....but its eons better then bottling it up and pretending things and people are rosy.....

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2238 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:39 AM »

Orthonorm,

Regardless of whether or not you are correct (I won't get into it out of respect for Jason's instruction not to), I'll let my therapist help me decide what the best course of action is, thank you very much.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2239 on: February 02, 2014, 02:31:33 AM »

James we can move this elsewhere and at another time.

Very well then. I suppose I'll email you sometime soon.

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2240 on: February 02, 2014, 04:51:48 AM »

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2241 on: February 02, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »

Not tonight! 

Whatdya mean? I'm looking at you right now using the googlez  angel

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2242 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »

As usual Mom was right: the garbage won't take itself out.

What a wonderful day in Pennsylvania.

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the menswear thread  Tongue

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2243 on: February 02, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2244 on: February 02, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2245 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »

[/url]

I just thought the pic was of a guy in that band mentioned on the cover, "My Morning Jacket"  angel

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #2246 on: February 02, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »

[/url]

I just thought the pic was of a guy in that band mentioned on the cover, "My Morning Jacket"  angel

He's just trying to imitate me. Smiley

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #2247 on: February 02, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the menswear thread  Tongue

Menswear. Just be sure to label it "Before".  Grin
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #2248 on: February 02, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »

Shocked

i disagree, i think shorts in the snow are cool.
look, it's not that cold, you can see some of the snow is already melting!
so it's warmer than eastern europe is right now...
 Wink
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #2249 on: February 02, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »

Okay, here it is. Only available for a few days. As you can see, I am a tad bit on the larger side, and I don't really look very Egyptian.

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=c9f523b
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:43:24 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Tags: pictures photos 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: