OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold on to your socks: Hello Kitty is a...  (Read 186 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: Yesterday at 10:12:22 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/asia/hello-kitty-revelation/

-person. That's right, the ever-popular cute little figure with the cat's face, who has appeared on backpacks, stickers and countless toys for kids since the 1970s, is not a feline at all, but a little girl who lives just outside of London.

Shocked

Well, that's it, I'm moving to the Moon. There is no point to staying here on Earth.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:22:16 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/asia/hello-kitty-revelation/

-person. That's right, the ever-popular cute little figure with the cat's face, who has appeared on backpacks, stickers and countless toys for kids since the 1970s, is not a feline at all, but a little girl who lives just outside of London.

Shocked

Well, that's it, I'm moving to the Moon. There is no point to staying here on Earth.

take your freeze dried ice cream

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

May my Dad's Memory be Eternal.

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:07:02 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh

seriously.

or maybe. . toooooo seriously. 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
sakura95
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic planning to switch to Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Rome(As for now)

Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:18:31 AM »

Maybe, just maybe, Hello Kitty is simply just a girl in a cat suit. That should explain the whiskers and the feline appearance.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:23:40 AM »

That there is the Premier League of first world problems. Roll Eyes

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:19:50 PM »

Maybe, just maybe, Hello Kitty is simply just a girl in a cat suit. That should explain the whiskers and the feline appearance.
Some people will come up with all sorts of mental gymnastics in an effort to reconcile two so very different personas.  Wink
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:19:59 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:24:25 PM »

She could be a real cat in an altenate universe.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 01:02:58 PM »

They probably have this in mind:

or this:

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:04:31 PM »

Hold on to your socks: Hello Kitty is an...

imaginary character

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
homedad76

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 01:06:59 PM »

She is a "person" in the same sense that Mickey Mouse or Goofy are "people".  They aren't meant to be animals but humanoids with animal features.  That is why Mickey can own Pluto without Goofy or Pete thinking nothing of it.  I think this is all Sanyo meant by the comments.

"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris
sakura95
Elder

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 01:56:13 PM »

Guess Hello Kitty's actual form behind her "Kitty" costume would be something akin to this,

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:57:08 PM by sakura95 » Logged
sakura95
Elder

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 02:02:30 PM »

Some people will come up with all sorts of mental gymnastics in an effort to reconcile two so very different personas.  Wink

Hello Kitty cannot be a little girl and not a cat at the same time especially given her cat ears, whiskers and a tail. The only plausible explanation is that Hello Kitty is a little girl in a cat costume. It doesn't matter how much mental gymnastics I have to do, it is the most logical explanation as to why Hello Kitty is not a cat.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 02:08:38 PM »

Hello Kitty cannot be a little girl and not a cat at the same time especially given her cat ears, whiskers and a tail. The only plausible explanation is that Hello Kitty is a little girl in a cat costume. It doesn't matter how much mental gymnastics I have to do, it is the most logical explanation as to why Hello Kitty is not a cat.

Maybe she is actualy under the curse of the werecat, forever stuck into a half-human, half-cat form in order to avoid full transformation which would entail a savage hunt of humans as if they were rats. Her excess of activities and obsessive kawaii attitude are just a mental technique to keep her attached to something, not allowing her mind to succumb to the bloody-thirst instincts of the curse. Smiley

TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 02:12:29 PM »

Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden under foot and destroyed, she and her wisdom ... Throw dung in her face to make her ugly... She would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets.
Martin Luther

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 02:13:51 PM »

sakura95
Elder

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 02:15:11 PM »

Maybe she is actualy under the curse of the werecat, forever stuck into a half-human, half-cat form in order to avoid full transformation which would entail a savage hunt of humans as if they were rats. Her excess of activities and obsessive kawaii attitude are just a mental technique to keep her attached to something, not allowing her mind to succumb to the bloody-thirst instincts of the curse. Smiley

Wow, I never thought about it that far. That explains everything. Come to think about it, the link provided by the OP never state that Hello Kitty is human which means she is a werecat or maybe she is a robot like Doraemon. Whatever it is, the possibilities are endless now that we know that Hello Kitty is not a cat.  
sakura95
Elder

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 02:21:49 PM »

Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden under foot and destroyed, she and her wisdom ... Throw dung in her face to make her ugly... She would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets.
Martin Luther

Guess I'm a Devil Worshiper now since I love Reason who is the whore of the Devil himself. Nothing can ever separate me from her, not Luther, Calvin or Zwingli. No one shall take her away from me. This whore I shall love till the end of time, even if she doesn't love me back. Luther can judge all he wants but I love Reason to the extent that I would lick off all the dung in her face if Luther is to ever throw any upon her divine face.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:22:30 PM by sakura95 » Logged
TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 02:24:31 PM »

Martin Luther

Guess I'm a Devil Worshiper now since I love Reason who is the whore of the Devil himself. Nothing can ever separate me from her, not Luther, Calvin or Zwingli. No one shall take her away from me. This whore I shall love till the end of time, even if she doesn't love me back. Luther can judge all he wants but I love Reason to the extent that I would lick off all the dung in her face if Luther is to ever throw any upon her divine face.
Now you have a taste of my love for Hello Kitty and why I feel so devoted to her being a cat.

sakura95
Elder

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 02:35:07 PM »

Martin Luther

Now you have a taste of my love for Hello Kitty and why I feel so devoted to her being a cat.

You can still love Hello Kitty even if she's not a cat. She can even be Martin Luther beneath the costume and you can still love her or....him.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 02:42:13 PM »

Martin Luther

You can still love Hello Kitty even if she's not a cat. She can even be Martin Luther beneath the costume and you can still love her or....him.
Is Outrage! The kittiness of Hello Kitty defines who she is. Lets just call her a water buffalo while we are at it.  Where will this madness end?

kelly
Dissipation Nation
OC.net guru

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 02:47:08 PM »

I feel like my world has been turned upside down. Truly these are the end of days.

The Venerable Kelly of the OC.net internet caves
Leave her alone, she's perfect.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 02:55:08 PM »

Not everything is lost...

sakura95
Elder

« Reply #22 on: Today at 03:18:47 AM »

Martin Luther

Is Outrage! The kittiness of Hello Kitty defines who she is. Lets just call her a water buffalo while we are at it.  Where will this madness end?

The madness shall never end. It would spiral into an endless abyss of insanity since Hello Kitty is no longer a cat. She is at least a little girl but wait....she's not a human girl or at least they never said that which means the possibilities are endless. I still think Hello Kitty is a little girl wearing a cat costume.
Raylight
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian.

Lord Have Mercy on the victims of 9/11.

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:24:15 AM »

And Avril Lavigne just released a song few months ago called Hello Kitty  Cry

xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #24 on: Today at 03:29:26 AM »

I thought this forum had become strange recently...
« Last Edit: Today at 03:29:36 AM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Raylight
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian.

Lord Have Mercy on the victims of 9/11.

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:10:38 AM »

I thought this forum had become strange recently...

What do you mean ?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: