Author Topic: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column  (Read 95139 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column
« Reply #2295 on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:01 AM »
Don't date ****** (inappropriate word for black people), they'll probably end up robbing you.

Racism is a sickness, and this kind of talk is truly anti-Christian and vile. Please try to work to do a better job at controlling your own posting behavior. Such disgusting attitudes and 'advice' as displayed here are unacceptable. Please pray and seek spiritual counsel, lest you further wound the confession you claim in the eyes of others (who are, in case you have forgotten, created equal to you and equally beloved children of God), and your own soul by harboring such hatred and bigotry.

+1

Amen!

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #2296 on: September 07, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
I'm not sure what to say right now, except that I am very sorry for what I said about black people yesterday. It was rude, insulting, and totally untrue. I'm not even sure why I said that. I will be more artful of what I say and the words I use. That's all I can think of to say right now.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Άγιος κέιθ ο Υμνογράφος και Μελωδός, να μας σώσει!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #2297 on: October 06, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »
From a comedic tome (I found on my dad's bookshelf), written by an ex-Roman Catholic priest-turned-Protestant:

Best of all is for Protestant ministers to preach without ceasing to their people:  "Do not marry a Catholic.Do not permit yourself to fall in love with a Catholic, for love is unreasoning and lures its victims into thinking that they are exceptions to all rules and experiences.  Fear of the threats of the Church is greater than the love which a Roman Catholic girl or boy may profess for you.  This fear will win out in the end and rob you of your love and happiness as well as the eternal salvation of yourself and your unborn children. [author's emphasis]

Lehmann, L. H. "The Problems of Mixed Marriages." Out of the Labyrinth. Chino, CA: Chick Publications, 1982. 202. Print.

There you have it, folks.  If you marry a Roman Catholic, or even think of dating them, you're going to hell.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2298 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:47 PM »
How can your eternal salvation be robbed if you are part of the elect and predestined to be saved? Also, what are you supposed to do if you are predestined by God the marry a Catholic?  The plot thickens.  I think a Chick tract is needed to sort all this out.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
    • Blog
« Reply #2299 on: October 07, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »
How can your eternal salvation be robbed if you are part of the elect and predestined to be saved? Also, what are you supposed to do if you are predestined by God the marry a Catholic?  The plot thickens.  I think a Chick tract is needed to sort all this out.

Should have paid attention at the Chick seminar.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #2300 on: October 09, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »

The Chick seminar...is that where they show you where to find the prettiest girls? LOL.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline rakovsky

• Taxiarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2301 on: October 15, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
    • Blog
« Reply #2302 on: October 15, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »

The Chick seminar...is that where they show you where to find the prettiest girls? LOL.

Only Babylonian whores.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #2303 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »

Only Babylonian whores.

Well, I'm not that desperate for sex, so I don't think I'll be checking those out.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
    • Blog
« Reply #2304 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:52 AM »
Man, what a crazy night last night! Ok so I was at the bar and this really attractive woman came up and sat beside me. Now orthonorm and opus were in another part of the bar at the time. Anyway, so we start talking, and she's really attractive, but something about her was just off, like you could tell she was a little crazy. So I said I had to get back to my friends, and she was like "What's wrong, tiger? Don't you want this?" and I was like "Um, you're very attractive, but..." and she said "let me ask you something" and I said "ok..." and she said "It's my face, isn't it? You think I'm a butterface!" and I tried to assure her that that was not the case at all, that she had a very pretty face, but she wouldn't listen. Then she started crying, and I tried to put my arm around her to console her and she snapped at me like a wild beast "don't touch me you pathetic wretch!"  

Well, suffice to say I was taken aback, but she apologized immediately and said she didn't know what came over her. I said it was ok, that maybe she should go home and get some sleep. And she said "let me ask you another question, a very private question," and I said ok. So she said "Imagine your ultimate fantasy girl. It has to be someone real though. Like an actress. Who is she?" I was a bit confused, but she pressed me several times to name someone. So finally I said "I dunno, Emmanuelle Chriqui I guess". She said "Ahh" and then just sat there with a serious look on her face. Then she leaned in and whispered to me: "If I chopped her head off, and took her skin, and wore it like a mask over my head, would you then make love to me? Would I then be pretty enough for you?"

That was about all I could take? I jumped back and said "what are you talking about? are you crazy?" and she looked at me longingly and said "what is it that you want? just tell me what you want!" and she started clawing at me and sort of growling. Just then orthonorm and opus saw what was going on and they hurriedly pushed me out of the bar, and we raced to the car as this wild woman chased us, screaming "I need to feel like you love me! Make me feel like a woman!"  Well, we finally got to the car and she came up and started banging on the window, and we were saying "go go go" and she was spitting and hissing, but finally norm got the car started and we sped away. Whew, it was close, I'll tell ya!

Did you ever go back to that bar?

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in a china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
  • I see you.
  • Faith: Serious inquirer.
« Reply #2305 on: May 20, 2015, 01:56:25 AM »

Backsliding, man, backsliding.

Although the Methodists, Anglicans, and Lutherans(?) don't believe in predestination, at least not as part of their "traditional" theologies".

As for my love life, it is still nonexistent. Hopefully, I'll be able to find someone once I get back to school this August.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:04:05 AM by ironchapman »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline nothing

• High Elder
  • College kids ain't ****
  • Jurisdiction: Jornada del Muerto
« Reply #2306 on: June 01, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »
oops wrong thread
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:08:27 PM by nothing »
This is born alone die alone, so my dialogue's dastardly
Life's a tragedy generator operating at max capacity

“I’ve lived to bury my desires,
And see my dreams corrode with rust;