OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 04:46:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1204 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »

Thanks for the autobio, jaderook! I've always been intrigued by your moniker here, and perhaps you'd like to explain it? You can always PM me if you don't want to divulge too much..

Next, there was soemthign else that intrigued me..

Anyway, I sometimes read fanfiction.  Someone recommended a fic to me that had a character who was rescued by some monks on Mount Athos and eventually became a Christian and a monk himself.

So, who was this character? Where can someone get more information? I head up several youth groups at my parish, and some kids might be interested in looking this up...

Thnaks, and a belated welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:15:04 PM by chris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
jaderook

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 12:30:46 PM »

Thanks for the autobio, jaderook! I've always been intrigued by your moniker here, and perhaps you'd like to explain it? You can always PM me if you don't want to divulge too much..
   Cheesy  It's kind of lame, really.  I've used this handle for years (although, I've recently started using one that plays off of my real name).  At one time, I wanted to learn how to be a better chess player (I'm terrible).  A friend of mine (who was actually ranked) took it upon himself to try and teach me some strategy and we started playing on-line.  There was this jade chess set I wanted (and never got) and I started using the name jaderook.  I'm still a terrible chess player.

Next, there was soemthign else that intrigued me..

So, who was this character? Where can someone get more information? I head up several youth groups at my parish, and some kids might be interested in looking this up...

Thnaks, and a belated welcome to the forum!

It was a Harry Potter fanfic and the author has a fascinating live journal that I discovered later on.  http://logospilgrim.com/  Thanks for the welcome!
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 12:37:04 PM »

Thanks, jaderook!

I'll take a really close look to the journal before I decide if I want any young person to go there...are there other sites describing Eastern Orthodoxy that you know of?

Perhaps I should establish a seperate thread; I'll see what response I get from this question...

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
jaderook

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »

Other than the OCA, Antiochian, and GOA sites, the only others that I came across (that kept my interest) were orthodoxinfo.com, philthompson.net, thewillardpreacher.com, southern-orthodoxy.blogspot.com, and fatheralexander.org.
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 12:57:27 PM »

Well, I was wondering if their were any other fan fiction sites that discussed Orthodoxy that you may have come across....something that perhaps I could weave into a session for my OCF groups/young adults, or possibly teens if the site is teen safe, etc.

Anyone else have similar information?

Tags: fan fiction 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: