OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 10:54:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free-For-All Board News  (Read 1470 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« on: October 27, 2006, 10:12:25 PM »

OC.net Posters---

After a period of deep deliberation, SouthSerb99 has decided to resign from his moderator's position of the Free For All board, so that he can devote more time to his family. We have reluctantly accepted his resignation, knowing that he is emphasising something much more worthy than anything we can provide for him.

Southserb99 has been an integral part of the Moderatorial team, and his voice will be missed when the Moderators gather to discuss OC.net business. Our only consolation is in knowing that he will continue to post and participate in the discussions on this site.

Thank you for all your work, SouthSerb99! Our prayers will be with you always!

When the nominations were opened to determine a new Free-For-All Moderator, in what has to be record quick time, Ozgeorge was nominated for this position, an invitation extended to him for this position, and he bravely indicated his acceptance of this call!

Axios!

Let us all remember our colleague Ozgeorge in our prayer rule, helping him to serve with wisely, with honor and distinction!

He is worthy!

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers of the Church, Lord Jesus Christ Our God, remember all of us and save our souls!

Axios!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:13:47 PM by chris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:59 PM »

OzGeorge?
Lord Have Mercy! LOL J/K sir. Honours and above all you are a wonderful and insightful gentleman. I am honoured that you are joining the moderation team here! Blessings be upon you and may Sophia guide you.

Christ is in our midst,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 12:28:50 AM »

OzGeorge?
Lord Have Mercy!
Amen! I'm as shocked as you are!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:51:12 AM »

Sorry to read SouthSerb99 has ended his term, but very much look forward to ozgeorge with a Mod hat.  Smiley

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 02:33:12 AM »

AXIOS!!!

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:29:33 AM »

Thanks guys.

Just to let you know, threre is a little problem which will hopefully be ironed out soon.
You see, I've never actually sought access to the private forums, and I have absolutely no idea of their content. The problem is, I've been made a moderator and still don't have access to the private forums. Robert and Anastasios have contol over this, and have been notified, but as you know, Anastasios is away at a Monastery, (and who knows what Robert is up to!). So until I can access the private forums, I can't actually function fully as a moderator.
So in the meantime, could you all just play nice if posting in "Free For All"? Wink

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 10:55:15 AM »

Thanks guys.

Just to let you know, threre is a little problem which will hopefully be ironed out soon.
You see, I've never actually sought access to the private forums, and I have absolutely no idea of their content. The problem is, I've been made a moderator and still don't have access to the private forums. Robert and Anastasios have contol over this, and have been notified, but as you know, Anastasios is away at a Monastery, (and who knows what Robert is up to!). So until I can access the private forums, I can't actually function fully as a moderator.
So in the meantime, could you all just play nice if posting in "Free For All"? Wink

Note to self: cancel Free-for-All plans, per ozgeorge's request.  Tongue

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »

Thanks for the nice words all.  I have a lot going on in my personal life and couldn't dedicate the time to the board, which it requires.

Ozgeorge is the perfect choice for a moderator here.  Personally, he has always been one of my favorite contributors.  Thanks all, and best of luck George!

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 07:26:43 PM »

SouthSerb, thank you very much for your excellent work. It is much appreciated! Best wishes in everything. I look forward to continue reading your great posts.
Ozgeorge, best of luck! You will perform great! No doubt. I look forward to see your success in a new role!
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »

Congratulations OzGeorge!   Smiley  I'll try to not cause you any trouble.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags: Moderator Elections 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: