OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:24:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going away a few days  (Read 1827 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:12:02 AM »

Dear in Christ,

I am travelling to Holy Ascension Monastery (GOC) in Bearsville/Woodstock, NY tonight. Please pray for me as I make the 10 hour drive from my house at night.  I drive overnight to avoid traffic but it is someetimes scary if I get sleepy. There are plenty of places to pull over but still, it can be nerve racking.

I will be gone until Sunday night, and Sunday night I will be home late.  Monday I start a new job, and so realistically you probably won't hear from me until Monday night. Of course, I may have to pop in and check on things anyway Wink

As Robert has been dealing with work a lot I am leaving Fr Chris in charge. Email all the usual comments, complaints, and reported posts to the forum section moderators, their GM's, or him.  He will call me should anything dramatic happen.

I will pop in a few more times before I leave tonight but otherwise see ya all Monday night.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »

Have a great trip, Anastasios!
Monday I start a new job
Congratulations!!! May God help you there!
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:07 PM »

May you have a safe and blessed trip.  By the way, thank you for all the work and time you spend helping us here at OC.net.

:)Juliana
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:55:41 AM »

I'm back safe and sound but tired as heck. The monastery was great, and I also saw our Geronda Metropolitan Pavlos who had the stroke, and he is doing better, and I was able to attend liturgy at our Cathedral as well. A very nice few days. Thanks for your prayers for my safe travel.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:59:22 AM »

Glad to hear that you made it back well.  I hope you received many blessings

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:04:07 AM »

How was your ascetic journey, Anastasios?

Blessings,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »

Is the service there in english? Hope you had a great trip.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »

How was your ascetic journey, Anastasios?

Blessings,
Panagiotis

It was full of blessings. I enjoyed chanting in the monastery as they let me help out for practice.  I also was able to partake of the Holy Mysteries which is rare for me at the current time.  My spiritual Father and I had a long talk, and participating in the liturgy on Sunday made time stand still...so all in all, it was wonderful.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:55 PM »

Is the service there in english? Hope you had a great trip.

At the monastery it is 50/50 Greek/English and in the Cathedral it is all Greek except the Gospel and one of the sermons.  The Cathedral does have all-English liturgy once a month in the basement and we are praying that it will increase in attendance. We are supportive of English but Astoria is a unique situation in that the vast majority of people in our Church there are recent Greek immigrants or first or second generation Greek.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Innocent
No longer posting on this site
Elder

St. Innocent of Alaska

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »

At the monastery it is 50/50 Greek/English and in the Cathedral it is all Greek except the Gospel and one of the sermons.  The Cathedral does have all-English liturgy once a month in the basement and we are praying that it will increase in attendance. We are supportive of English but Astoria is a unique situation in that the vast majority of people in our Church there are recent Greek immigrants or first or second generation Greek.

Anastasios

Thank you!
Tags: GOC Monastery 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: