OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 09:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 747 times) Average Rating: 0
Hladna

« on: October 23, 2006, 10:45:42 PM »

Hello board members!  I have been a lurker for quite some time BC (before crash) and faithfully waited until things were fixed and OC.net was up and running again.  Up until now this Orthodox has been too shy to speak up  Embarrassed for fear of doing/saying something wrong or giving offense.  Sometimes it is hard to say something online because it is only words without gestures and nuance, and one might be misunderstood. 

So I'm sorta new and sorta not new here  Roll Eyes and have taken the plunge to write in.  Please be kind!  At least until I get my net-wings...

Looking forward to my experience here.

FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:13:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I know how intimidating it can be to start posting....at one time I had the lowest frequency rate of any person on the forum. But, post where you feel it could help someone or help you (say, if you want to ask a question) and then your post count will rise faster than you can keep track!

Once agian, welcome!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 11:47:52 PM »

Welcome, Hladna. I was an observing guest myself for a long time prior to start posting here. I am sure you will like it here.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »

....at one time I had the lowest frequency rate of any person on the forum.

You got better....  Grin

Welcome Hladna.  Smiley

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: