OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 09:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordanville Prayerbook  (Read 2028 times) Average Rating: 0
Mudriy

Token Ukrainian Nationalist

« on: December 25, 2002, 05:15:56 PM »

Does anyone know where I can purchase an English  prayer book  from Jordanville or any Enlish ROCOR prayer book?

Thanks!

surferuke

"Tranquil Light of the Holy Glory, of the Immortal, Heavenly Holy, Blessed Father.... As we come upn the Sunset, as we see the Evening Light, we sing to God: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. At all times you are worthy...."
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 06:24:32 PM »

I don’t know about buying it, but there is a link on my Orthodoxy page with the whole book online. There’s also a link on that page to the Jordanville monastery itself, which may help if you would like to buy the hardcover book itself.

Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 08:21:07 PM »

I don’t know about buying it, but there is a link on my Orthodoxy page with the whole book online. There’s also a link on that page to the Jordanville monastery itself, which may help if you would like to buy the hardcover book itself.

If one wishes to buy a copy of the Jordanville Prayer Book (I own two now--one I inherited from my mother of blessed memory, who used it daily), you may usually find one or more in the parish bookstore in your friendly neighborhood ROCOR church.  Parish bookstores in some other jurisdictions sometimes carry them in stock as well.  

Hypo-Ortho
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 11:06:39 AM »

Smiley Smiley

Believe it or not this Latin has one - 1984 edition - and I find it truly wonderful. It has been in use every day since I was given it.

For me it is a marvellous resource.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
James the Just
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 03:08:23 PM »

Brother Serge, I just visited your web site and from just a few seconds of searching I added it to my spiritual folder. It looks very good indeed and I will be using it later today.

Peace in Christ's Birth,

James
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 01:25:33 PM »

Surferuke,

You can get it from http://www.sjkp.org St. John of Kronstadt Press.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: