OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 08:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church Spilts  (Read 1004 times) Average Rating: 0
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: June 11, 2003, 04:54:26 PM »

Yup, but I mean more Protestant in this case.  Many of you probably don't care, but this is from a board that I inhabit that has to do with my profession.

http://www.casact.org/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=003716
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

The Pointless One !

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 05:17:38 PM »

Elisha, If you had to insure the Protestant .... uh ..... denominations against an early demise, would it be cheap or expensive ?

Grin

Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 07:17:41 PM »

Elisha, If you had to insure the Protestant .... uh ..... denominations against an early demise, would it be cheap or expensive ?

Grin

Very, but the order of magnitude would depend heavily on what kind of a "loss" (i.e. something that you can put a financial value on) I'm insuring.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 09:19:43 PM »

Interesting.

One thing that caught my eye was that Sisyphus (hope I spelled it right) left the "o" out of the word "God", which I have observed is a practice of Messianic Jews. I guess it is somehow related to the Hebrew tradition (lower case "t") of not being able to say or write God's name.

I don't really understand it. It seems kind of g**fy to me.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: