Is this like Vatican I and II. I mean, is it very very serious important event ? Would we see a new Orthodoxy or something like what happened in Catholicism in Vatican II ?
No, thank God, it is nothing like Vatican I or II. By the grace of God this council will never fall into such errors. They will consider 8 points:
1. Changes to fasting regulations
2. Impediments to marriage
3. The calendar
4. What to do about overlapping jurisdictions in the diaspora
5. Relations with other Christian churches such as Roman Catholics, Old Catholics, Oriental Orthodox, and Anglicans
6. When and how a church receives autonomy
7. Participation in the World Council of Churches
8. Witness to the world on ethical and moral concerns
These were set forth in a 1976 pre conciliar document.
Two other topics set forth there will not be considered:
9. How to grant autocephaly
10. Ranking in the diptychs
I hope they make the right decisions so that no more schism happens over Ecumenism and the calendar.