OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 09:52:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satanic origins of homosexuality  (Read 3871 times) Average Rating: 0
Jesus7serb
Banned

« on: June 21, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »

The act of sodomy as we all know as orthodox christians is an invention of the devil to "rebel" against Gods law .
Our holy orthodox church stands true to the bibles teachings which denounces same-sex relationships.

At my parish i recently met 2 e-homos who told me how they came to orthodoxy and gave up their homosexual lifestyles with the help of Jesus Christ.
They told me they had "no doubt" as to the satanic origins of their past behaviour.

They are currently in the process of setting up seminars to help others leave their homosexual lifestyles and become one with christ.

Does anyone elses in here parish provide such help?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:11:22 PM by Jesus7serb » Logged
Sloga
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »

to be honest, I dont know about this. Many people have claimed to have been "cured" and such but have relapsed through temptation.
[ dobrodosli! ]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:12:17 PM by Sloga » Logged

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
Jesus7serb
Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

to be honest, I dont know about this. Many people have claimed to have been "cured" and such but have relapsed through temptation.
[ dobrodosli! ]

They have been cured trust me.

They are doing great work with the church and you can see "the light" in their eyes.

Should there not be worldwide orthodox seminars to provide help for those wanting to leave this lifestyle?
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:14:51 PM »

But then again never underestimate the power of one of God's gift to man, his brain. When some one puts their thoughts into something, almost anything can be done.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:24:28 PM by Sloga » Logged

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
Jesus7serb
Banned

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »

The holy spirit is alive and well within the orthodox church
Tikhon29605
High Elder

May I become Thy Tabernacle through Communion.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:34:36 AM »

I think as Orthodox Christians we must admit that ALL sin, in some sense, is Satanic in origin. If I understand Orthodox theology correctly, man was created good and without sin. Sin entered us and creation because the Holy Trinity created us with free will: the awesome power to cooperate with God in our salvation or to turn our backs on Him, walk away and literally have it "our way." I have no problem with the origins of homosexuality being satanic if we realize that the sins of pride, desire, blaming others etc. also originate with Satan as well. Think of the account of Adam and Eve and the serpent in the book of Genesis. They began to doubt God, to think that God did not have their best interests at heart, that He was holding out on them and not telling them the truth. Rather than wait and ask God questions about this (for Adam and Eve were both still in communion with Him), they acted immediately upon their passions and thus both sinned. Having said that, it sounds a bit simplistic to me to say that two "ex homos" as you call them have been "cured" of their homosexuality. I am not ruling out miracles. Almighty God can indeed work miracles when and where He chooses. Perhaps He has worked a miracle in the lives of both of these men and totally delivered them from their homosexual orientation. However, we cannot know that for certain. I think a more plausible explanation is that these two gay men were deeply dissatisfied with what I am assumming was a promiscuous homosexual lifestyle that left them feeling frustrated, unloved, used, a bit dirty at times, and ultimately unfulfilled. I think they both probably sensed deep down inside that there is more to life than that. Pleasures of the flesh do satisfy for a season, but not for a lifetime. I think many, many gay people often ask themselves the question, "Is THIS all there is? Is there not more to life than sexual adventurism?" I think what these gay men have done is embrace celibacy, which is what our Holy Mother the Church calls on all Orthodox Christians to do who are tempted by this passion. I applaud them for embracing it. I think celibacy, combined with the life in Christ in the Church will ultimately give them the peace that passes understanding. However, this is a long, long difficult process. Unlike some, I don't think there is any magic cure for homosexuality. I should know since I am a homosexual myself. We don't 'choose' this orientation any more than people 'choose' to be left handed or tall or short or black or white for that matter. It is simply something that we awaken to, usually during puberty. Having said that, I am NOT defending or condoning homosexual acts. Obviously there is something wrong with us, because if the entire world were as we are, the human race would become extinct, since we don't reproduce. I have no idea what causes homosexual orientation. But I would say this: the Sacrament of Confession is the best friend of the person struggling with homosexual feelings and attractions. Most celibate homosexuals who try to lead a chaste life will, from time to time, yield to the passions of the flesh and fall. During those times they need to be treated with love, respect, and dignity. Finger-pointing, gossiping, rejection or rude comments (I thought you were "cured" of that"), will not only drive them further away from the Church, but also deepen their sense of failure, shame, and lead them to thoughts of despair and suicide. I hope the Orthodox Church can become a place where struggling homosexuals can feel accepted and loved, and forgiven when they miss the mark.
Jesus7serb
Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »

Tikhon,

This is exactly why MORE seminaries are needed for homosexuals who want to leave their lifestyle and become one with our lord.

Rather than encouraging this sort of behaviour-which the media and anti-christians do-more can be done by the church to help these people out.

Remember- "Anything is possible through christ who strengthens me".

Despite all the propaganda on TV,more and more people are leaving the homosexual lifestyle to follow Gods word.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »

I moved this topic into the FFA, as it does not constitute "Christian News".  Carry on.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 01:11:11 AM »

Despite all the propaganda on TV,more and more people are leaving the homosexual lifestyle to follow Gods word.

Too bad we only make up the minority, I'd say about 30%. The rest think its ok and democratic to allow homosexuals to live the way they do. Its too late to change Western societies thouhts on this, but as you can see in eastern Europe, it doesnt seem to be working.

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 04:47:50 AM »

Satanic origins of homosexuality? Are you telling me that Richard Simmons is a denizen of Hell?

Peace.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »

Satanic origins of homosexuality? Are you telling me that Richard Simmons is a denizen of Hell?

Peace.

Hes not gay.

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 08:53:30 AM »

Most celibate homosexuals who try to lead a chaste life will, from time to time, yield to the passions of the flesh and fall.

Most celibate heterosexuals who try to lead a chaste life will, from time to time, yield to the passions of the flesh and fall and then they are subject to pats on the back and yaa your a real man

Sarcasm intended

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »

Most celibate heterosexuals who try to lead a chaste life will, from time to time, yield to the passions of the flesh and fall and then they are subject to pats on the back and yaa your a real man

Sarcasm intended
This is exactly right, especially a male.  He's the stud and "the man".  I've never read about anyone deriding those that partake in premarital sport sex, as "Satanic".  Quite a double standard I think.

Moreover, heterosexuals who engage in sinful premarital sex don't have to "parade" through the streets for acceptance as "normal" behavior, because we already accept it as normal.

I guess to some, sin will never be equated with sin.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 10:48:41 AM »

Hes not gay.

He just wants to be gay.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 08:40:42 PM »

Hes not gay.

Are you kidding me?

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59:28 PM »

Honestly, don't we have better things to debate than Richard Simmons?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 03:14:58 AM »

The act of sodomy as we all know as orthodox christians is an invention of the devil to "rebel" against Gods law

What is interesting is that, with each passing year, scientists are finding more and more evidence demonstrating how rather common bisexuality is among animals. From a traditional Christian perspective, apparently either Satan is very thorough, or Adam and Even really messed things up when they ate that piece of fruit, to the point that even the sexuality of many animals was messed up.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 03:27:52 AM »

What is interesting is that, with each passing year, scientists are finding more and more evidence demonstrating how rather common bisexuality is among animals. From a traditional Christian perspective, apparently either Satan is very thorough, or Adam and Even really messed things up when they ate that piece of fruit, to the point that even the sexuality of many animals was messed up.

Why not? We do know that the nature of animals changed in some respects e.g. some animals were no longer timid and approachable. So why not sexuality-wise also?

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 04:00:58 AM »

Why not? We do know that the nature of animals changed in some respects e.g. some animals were no longer timid and approachable. So why not sexuality-wise also?
Well, that would certainly explain why my neighbours' Maltese Terrier has taken a "liking" to their cushions....

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »

Well, that would certainly explain why my neighbours' Maltese Terrier has taken a "liking" to their cushions....

...better than taking a "liking" to their legs, as is the case with an unfortunate friend of mine.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »

What is interesting is that, with each passing year, scientists are finding more and more evidence demonstrating how rather common bisexuality is among animals

homosexuality is very different in animals. First off, the percentage of the animals that particpate in those acts, a near 0% are actually homosexual. The reason why they do it is sort of like when people get incarcerated for a very long time...never seeing a women..so they find the next best thing  Roll Eyes Humans can...release their feelings through other means where as animals cannot. There was a scientific study of a wolf pack, where there about 8 male wolves and one female, which eventually dies. Don't worry, that study wont be presented because it doesnt prove homosexuality is normal.

the "animals do it too!" point is just a desperate attempt for Gay activists to make it seem normal.

Jesus7serb
Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »

As orthodox christians it is essential we support gods word on this topic.

Satan will use many tricks to try and brainwash our youth but the church will always stand firm to the teachings on subjects such as these
Jesus7serb
Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 05:15:45 AM »

On the weekend at my local parish,I spoke in length with one of the ex-honmosexuals and he explained to me how a trip to holy mount athos changed his life forever.

He is planning on starting support groups within the church to help others wanting to leave this lifestyle
 Suspected duplicate account.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »

He is planning on starting support groups within the church to help others wanting to leave this lifestyle

While that may sound fine at face value, I'm doubt the wisdom of a 'support group' as opposed to traditional prayer, fasting and confession.  A 'support group' could be scandalous to those of both the hetero and homo sort, as it would "out" the homo and could scandalize the hetero.
Dismus
Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 08:23:41 AM »

Here is an interesting website:

www.narth.com

pretty sad stuff. :'(
Rebelprince

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »

Can anyone hetero here make clear to me what exactly my 'gay lifestyle' might be?

'You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.', Hey that's something Jesus said!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:03:20 AM by Rebelprince » Logged
kansas city

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 09:49:32 PM »

There were a couple of particularly appealing aspects of Orthodoxy that sealed my decision to enter the Church.ÂÂ  One of these was the accountability it maintains for itself and its members.ÂÂ  Maintaining the integrity of its doctrine, erring on the side of caution, and even at the expense of anathemas.ÂÂ  Glory to God, that with such a hierarchical structure and Tradition, we are fairly safeguarded from the heresies of liberalism and relative opinions.

Can anyone hetero here make clear to me what exactly my 'gay lifestyle' might be?

I don't know about your gay lifestyle, but the word lifestyle alludes to actively practicing homosexual behavior, as opposed to homosexual inclinations.ÂÂ  Which despite whether individuals prefer it or not, are sinful acts according to Scripture and the Church.

I appreciated the side-notes earlier in the thread regarding hetero's  sexual sins as equal to those of the homosexuals'.  The wedge driven between gay and conservative cultures just creates more confusion and misunderstanding.  Contributing to the dramatization of homosexual life.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:09:34 PM by kansas city » Logged
StephenG

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »

Sadly, here in Britain there are moves by some groups to move to outlaw any seeming discrimination against 'homosexuals' and 'homosexuality'. This would include hiring of church halls, employment of staff by religious organisations, etc., etc. The plain fact is an articulate and determined minority are hell-bent on ramming through change 'top to bottom' on Christians and others that will make for a huge conflict between Church teaching and the requirement of civil law. Are there similar moves in North America and Australasia?
Steve Dennehy

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 07:07:13 PM »

If we are more focused on the sins of others rather than upon our own sins, we are in DEEP spiritual trouble.ÂÂ  This is spirtual pride.
We are responsible for our own sins and can do somtething about them: we can acknowledge, repent and confess.

"O Lord I believe and I confess thart You are truly the Son of God Who came into the world to save sinners, of whomÂÂ  I AM THE WORST..."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:08:11 PM by Steve Dennehy » Logged
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

Amen to that Steve!   
I have enough sins of my own to work on myself.  I am uncertain of the origins of homosexuality and I am unqualified to make any prononcements on this issue.  If the Church has said that homosexual intercourse is sinful then one should try their best to abstain from that behavior.  God help the ones who are attracted to the same sex.  I can't imagine how difficult it would be to stop having romantic feelings toward someone whom they love.  I guess we all have our crosses to bear.

Juliana
Tags: homosexuality 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: