OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 09:54:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Demonic Possession  (Read 225 times) Average Rating: 0
Thaddeus_Prenderghast

Faith: considering orthodox
Jurisdiction: self

« on: February 16, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »

Split from Faith Issues - MK

Does everyone in hear who has experienced or reads about the demoniac being exorcised in the NT confirm to you that these evil spiritual entities are created by a Creator, in our case God. Just want to see what everyone else thinks of these evil entities what comes to your mind about them

I've had this come up in conversations. So after answering it a few times, I've come up with a decent explanation. Due to my out-of-the-box faith searching, I had explained a more Pantheistic point of view on this. For instance, in Genesis, there is a point after God made the world, plants and animals it says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" this Plural is exciting. especially from a direct translation from Hebrew. The point of my answer was that if the bible does in fact have this random plural, it could mean that God was in fact talking to other gods! It fits as to why he has his chosen people, and one of his big rules is that you shouldn't worship any god over him. I interpreted the bible as suggesting that there is other gods in this world. which would mean that there is other creations in this world as well. it explains why a hell existed before man made original sin, and creatures that exist in other cultures. it fits nicely when explained with written evidence.

So one could say that God created some demons. But there is a possibility that there are many "races" of demons due to other types of "kingdoms". And God merely wants our love and us to hold him above all others in our faith.

now this is a point of view, not meant to offend anyone. I don't want anyone to get upset at me Sad It's just odd to me how well it fits.    
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:19:50 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

virtus junxit mors non separabit
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »

Does everyone in hear who has experienced or reads about the demoniac being exorcised in the NT confirm to you that these evil spiritual entities are created by a Creator, in our case God. Just want to see what everyone else thinks of these evil entities what comes to your mind about them

I've had this come up in conversations. So after answering it a few times, I've come up with a decent explanation. Due to my out-of-the-box faith searching, I had explained a more Pantheistic point of view on this. For instance, in Genesis, there is a point after God made the world, plants and animals it says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" this Plural is exciting. especially from a direct translation from Hebrew. The point of my answer was that if the bible does in fact have this random plural, it could mean that God was in fact talking to other gods! It fits as to why he has his chosen people, and one of his big rules is that you shouldn't worship any god over him. I interpreted the bible as suggesting that there is other gods in this world. which would mean that there is other creations in this world as well. it explains why a hell existed before man made original sin, and creatures that exist in other cultures. it fits nicely when explained with written evidence.

So one could say that God created some demons. But there is a possibility that there are many "races" of demons due to other types of "kingdoms". And God merely wants our love and us to hold him above all others in our faith.

now this is a point of view, not meant to offend anyone. I don't want anyone to get upset at me Sad It's just odd to me how well it fits.    

The Faith Issues section is dedicated to discussing Orthodox Christian Faith from the Orthodox Christian POV by Orthodox Christians. If you want to present or discuss your own religious beliefs, do it in Religious Topics. Ignoring this request will result in official warnings.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:13:31 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: