OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 03:09:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impending delivery of our 5th  (Read 1452 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: February 14, 2012, 03:24:41 AM »

I am currently gestating our 5th child (a boy). He is due 3-15, but I haven't made it to 40 weeks yet at this point. We figure he will be here in 2-3 weeks. We chose the patron saint Gerasimos of the Jordan for him.

Right now there are a lot of stressful things going on in our lives outside of this baby. My parents came for a visit on New Years Eve that did NOT go well. This has resulted in our children informing us that they hate their grandparents. My mother and step father were really horrible to our children and are incapable of figuring out why they never want to see them again. They have always treated my husband and I badly. This time they were really mean to our son and all the kids are quite upset about it. They also treated me pretty poorly in front of the kids when I defended our son. So any illusion of being nice grandparents is shattered at this point. I haven't spoken to them since this all happened because I know they are incapable of realizing that they need to treat us better. Their attitude is "I didn't say that, but even if I did I must have been right." I have been able to talk to the kids and they forgive their grandparents, but they don't want to see them again pretty much ever at this point.

My blood pressure has been rising a bit (some of you may recall it skyrocketed with our last baby). I am trying to get them to do a certain treatment which would help with the BP and another issue that I believe is causing the BP issues. (Obstetric Cholestasis is anyone is curious) But since my lab values are high but in "normal range" I am having no luck whatsoever. Our son is also flipping between breech and head down on an almost daily basis. This means that they are pushing me hard to have a scheduled c-section. I really don't want to have a c-section.

Prayers that the family situation ease, my BP will get more in control and that our son will quit the acrobatics and STAY HEAD DOWN would be appreciated.

I hope everyone is well Smiley
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:55:49 AM »

Lord, have mercy, Quinault.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:40:38 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »

Lord, have mercy. Praying for you Q. Sorry about the thing with your parents. Very sad for you and the kids.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »

Lord have mercy on our Quinault.  Best wishes to you and your impending delivery ((((hugs)))). 

Lord have mercy on Quinault's family and parents. 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »

Lord have mercy.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prayers ascending.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »

Lord have mercy!

IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Sorry to hear about the issues with grandparents. I had  A LOT of in-law issues, so I do understand what that can do...

Just know that prayers are being offered for you, and that you can always come here to vent.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Maximum Bob
Archon

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 01:41:25 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 01:42:01 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Manalive
Иоанн
Elder

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate

It is later than we think.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Lay hold of the pathway... rugged and narrow as it is."- St. John Chrystostom
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »

So today I was placed on modified bedrest. Friday they will attempt a version (basically flipping the baby). If that doesn't work then they will schedule a version with an immediate induction next week. My blood pressure is holding fairly steady, but there are other indicators/tests that say that I need to deliver sooner rather than later.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »

Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos, pray for us.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Lord have mercy.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

Continued prayers. Lord have mercy on your handmaiden.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »

May the Lord have mercy and grant you an easy delivery of a healthy little child.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
wasamwillbe

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »

Lord have mercy

"We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth,"
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 12:15:36 AM »

The ECV (flipping the baby) was successful (although quite painful). Now the plan is to have this baby late next week.
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »

I'm glad they were able to turn him. . . I'm sorry it hurt so much.   Undecided  Continuing prayers.  Hang in there Quinault. . . (((hugs to you)))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:28:36 AM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:19 AM »

may God give u peace and remember to do your exercises if confined to bed (move legs up and down in the bed and do arm exercises too if people are not looking). use the time to read or listen to music, if u can.
about the parents issue, give it time. they don't have to stay with u if they are rude, so maybe in the future (don't dwell on it too much with a high bp!) u could meet up somewhere neutral. there is a middle way between having them stay with you and cutting them off, and pursuing the middle way can be very successful.
alice

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Dear sister in Christ,

I pray that the Panaghia will be with you and intercede for you in your safe delivery. Lord have mercy!

I also pray with all my heart for peace and healing between you, your parents, and your children. Perhaps you can find a way to identify situations that explode because of circumstance, past issues, personality traits, etc., and avoid them in the future? May our Lord of peace bring His peace. Amen. Amen. Amen.

Alice
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »

My parents can't stay with us. That isn't an option for a variety of reasons. The foremost reason being we simply don't have the space to have ANYONE stay with us. We live in an 1100 sq ft house. There will be 7 of us in two bedrooms plus the pets. At this point I don't plan to try and speak to her until after Pascha. I will let her know when her new grandchild is born thru my brothers. I just don't need the stress. She is itching for a fight. This is apparent by the passive aggressive behavior she is doing online. My brother even thinks that contacting her isn't a good idea, and they NEVER support me when it comes to her.

And to be quite honest this isn't as simple as "wait it out." My mother has a pattern of being abusive and cruel to myself since childhood and my husband as long as we have been together. I have been married 15 years, my eldest child is 10. I have ample history to prove that her cruelty knows no bounds. She isn't above emotionally stabbing me when I am at my lowest or saying something horrible to my husband and children. Then she will "forget" she said it and declare that even if she did say those things that she was right and it is true. This is a deeply disturbed person. I would like to think that she can change. I know nothing is impossible for God. But I think that in order for a person to change there has to be some desire to change. My mother has no desire to change. In her opinion she should be able to say anything she wants to me and treat me however she desires and I have to just put up with it because I am her child. When she was just treating me badly I could put up with some of it. Now it has overlapped and is hurting my children. I can't abide allowing her to injure my children. It is our duty to protect and love our children. I would be a very bad parent if I allowed her to emotionally scar and abuse them simply because she is my mother and then just expect them to "get over it" in between visits.

Our priest has suggested that I just cut her out of my life. I have honestly only kept in contact because she is the only parent I have left. My children will never meet my biological father. My biological father literally has half a brain after a car accident when he was a teen. He is also a pedophile, so yeah.....not going to take my kids for a visit. I haven't seen him since I was 10.

Choosing my mother over my husband and kids would literally destroy MY MARRIAGE at this point. I am not going to do that. I am absolutely positively blissfully happy to be married to my husband. And I couldn't be happier to have our children. I won't choose my mother out of bellybutton loyalty and go see her a couple times a year and talk on the phone at the risk of the awesome family I have right here and now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:45:04 PM by Quinault » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »

Lord have mercy.  Cry

spcasuncoast.org
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

My parents can't stay with us. That isn't an option for a variety of reasons. The foremost reason being we simply don't have the space to have ANYONE stay with us. We live in an 1100 sq ft house. There will be 7 of us in two bedrooms plus the pets. At this point I don't plan to try and speak to her until after Pascha. I will let her know when her new grandchild is born thru my brothers. I just don't need the stress. She is itching for a fight. This is apparent by the passive aggressive behavior she is doing online. My brother even thinks that contacting her isn't a good idea, and they NEVER support me when it comes to her.

And to be quite honest this isn't as simple as "wait it out." My mother has a pattern of being abusive and cruel to myself since childhood and my husband as long as we have been together. I have been married 15 years, my eldest child is 10. I have ample history to prove that her cruelty knows no bounds. She isn't above emotionally stabbing me when I am at my lowest or saying something horrible to my husband and children. Then she will "forget" she said it and declare that even if she did say those things that she was right and it is true. This is a deeply disturbed person. I would like to think that she can change. I know nothing is impossible for God. But I think that in order for a person to change there has to be some desire to change. My mother has no desire to change. In her opinion she should be able to say anything she wants to me and treat me however she desires and I have to just put up with it because I am her child. When she was just treating me badly I could put up with some of it. Now it has overlapped and is hurting my children. I can't abide allowing her to injure my children. It is our duty to protect and love our children. I would be a very bad parent if I allowed her to emotionally scar and abuse them simply because she is my mother and then just expect them to "get over it" in between visits.

Our priest has suggested that I just cut her out of my life. I have honestly only kept in contact because she is the only parent I have left. My children will never meet my biological father. My biological father literally has half a brain after a car accident when he was a teen. He is also a pedophile, so yeah.....not going to take my kids for a visit. I haven't seen him since I was 10.

Choosing my mother over my husband and kids would literally destroy MY MARRIAGE at this point. I am not going to do that. I am absolutely positively blissfully happy to be married to my husband. And I couldn't be happier to have our children. I won't choose my mother out of bellybutton loyalty and go see her a couple times a year and talk on the phone at the risk of the awesome family I have right here and now.

Lord, Holy God, please have mercy on Quinault's heart and the hearts of her children . . .please forgive, please cleanse, please heal and please fill Quinault with wisdom in how to deal with her mother without forsaking Your holy will. 

Peace to you, Quinault - peace to you in His Spirit of Holiness.  +

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »

wow, sounds like a really tough situation. so yes, feel free to avoid it for some time to come.
sometimes it's best to keep in touch be intermediaries or not at all.
in fact i am not in touch with some of my relatives at the moment (until they make a big change). they are not as difficult as yours sound either (they just do some illegal stuff, and doing it with my money without my permission was a bit too far..)
may God give u peace and keep u and yr family safe.
praying for u.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »

Tamootsen was born Tuesday.

He followed in our son Ollie's footsteps and tied a true knot in his cord. BUT he one upped his brother by dragging his placenta out with him as he was born. We are awaiting pathology results on the placenta as to why this happened. There are three potential reasons why he had a partial placental abruption. One is all me, one is all him and one is the version last week.
quietmorning
Archon

St. Photini

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »

Congratulations and many years and THANKS BE TO GOD Who sustained you both through the delivery!  He's beautiful, Quinault!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 12:51:42 AM »

Congratulations and Glory to God, if I'm understanding what you wrote, he was surely with you during the birth. A beautiful baby.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »

Congratulations!

spcasuncoast.org
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 01:02:39 AM »

Congratulations and Many years.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »

Glory to God!  Smiley

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
FountainPen
Is not wasting any more of her ink
OC.net guru

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »

Thank you Heavenly Father for the safe arrival of this precious baby boy.

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: