OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 12:06:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N. Korea's "Orthodox Committee" visits Vladivostok  (Read 1188 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: October 19, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »

Delegation of the "Orthodox Committee of the DPRK", formed by the authorities
of this totalitarian state, visits Vladivostok

George Huo, Chairman of North Korea's "Orthodox
Committee";  Priests Feodor Kim and Ioann Ra of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church who
are senior officers are North
Korean secret services, and the choir director and singers from this parish
arrived on October 12th for an 8-day visit to Vladivostok...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:27:10 PM »

may God have mercy on them and show them the straight path.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »

North Korean Orthodox Patriotic Association.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »

So are these guys believing Christians or administrative plants? I've heard similar things about the big Daoist and Buddhist sites in China (for example someone told me that Wudang's abbots are all secret commies) and I was never sure if it was true or if it's paranoia.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »

Wow.  I knew that NK had a local branch of the Vatican, and Protestants, but I didn't know we were still there. Cool.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
kijabeboy03
High Elder

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »

The Pyongyang parish was relatively recently opened.

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:48 PM »

I kind of refrained from posting on this topic because I do not understand this church and why the then Metropolitan Kirill consecrated (http://www.asna.ca/articles/200609-05.html) this church under the circumstances (this church continues to be walled off from the general public).  According to the former KGB Lt. Colonel Konstantin Preobrazhensky, this church represents a operational base of the FSB (five minutes into this interview about the KGB/FSB's New Trojan Horse: Americans of Russian Descent - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9qf7x_kgb-fsb-s-new-trojan-horse-american_news.  Konstantin Preobrazhensky tends to speak at think tanks originally established by the CIA, which may represent how the CIA deals with whackos but who knows. The curious thing is that his book, Putin's Trojan Horse, reviewed by former CIA operations officer Clare M. Lopez here (http://www.gerardgroup.com/newsletter/nl2009-06-10.php#Review  with her bona fides here http://www.intelligencesummit.org/speakers/ClareLopez.php) goes for $125 for a paperback and $250 for an autographed copy of the paperback at Amazon, used. This is in contrast to a new book from the publisher for $15 and an autographed copy for $18. This just seems nonsensical.

kijabeboy03
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »

I somehow doubt the FSB would need to use the parish as an 'operations base' given that Pyongyang already has a sizable Russian embassy in place...

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »

I somehow doubt the FSB would need to use the parish as an 'operations base' given that Pyongyang already has a sizable Russian embassy in place...

One would think. But, if you buy into Konstantin Preobrazhensky's opinions, the priests are North Korean intelligence agents assigned to the task of being priests and the primary function of their trips to Russia is to facilitate the purchase of weapons rather than to meet with members of the Russian Orthodox Church. I also do not see much of a tactical advantage for clandestine meetings in the church itself, however according to the Voice of Korea, great leader Kim Jong Il is an exceptionally brilliant military tactician so maybe the million dollars he contributed for building the church was worth the cost.
kijabeboy03
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »

Riiight...

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: