OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:16:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More of the Same Old Jew Bashing  (Read 16820 times) Average Rating: 0
Philoumenos
Wishes Jews Would Come to Christ

« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »

Isn't it kind of funny that all these anti-Semites pop up around the time that SaintIaint gets muted?  Undecided

So unless you think Jewish people have some kind of God given genetics that make them do no wrong, you are an anti-semite?

You do understand every group of people can do (and they all do) bad things. We aren't saying the Jews are the only race or group of people that do bad. But anytime you point out a Jew for anything (Stealing a cookie from the cookie jar, robbing a bank, NWO) you are labelled as an anti semite. So would I be anti-white if I said a group of white people were doing it? (JTLYK if you say no, you ruin your argument).

Do we regularly hear on this forum about any other group organizing the New World Order? Just asking......

Exactly. Why is that?

Because the NWO is the JWO.

Christians look to the heavenly kingdom... while Jews look to the earthly kingdom; dominion OVER the rest of us.

Read some Talmud and Zohar and get caught up on all of the things you are presently oblivious to.

Then make a comment.

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »

Why is it truthful? Because it agrees with you?
J.M.C
Слава Богу за всё!

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »

How in the world is it "defunct"?

Even in conservative Russian circles the holy fool is viewed as something from at least three centuries ago. The archetype may continue to appear in literature or film, but it is not considered part of contemporary Orthodoxy. Someone trying to revive it will probably have some problems with his bishop.

Anyone actively seeking to be a "Fool-for-Christ" will have problems with his bishop, but the same is true if someone actively seeking martyrdom too. Neither is because of such people don't exist anymore. Those who are called Fools-for-Christ or Holy Fools are done so after their death, and usually by popular acclaim.

As for the claim that holy fools are from "at least three centuries ago", here are some people from the past two-hundred years who are acclaimed as Fools for Christ, and are canonized, or else considered righteous and listed in calendars on the day of their repose:

Blessed Anthony Alexseevich, Fool-for-Christ of Zadonsk (+September 29, 1851)
Anthony Ivanovich, Fool-for-Christ of Valaam (+June 7, 1832)
Asenatha of Goritsky, Fool-for-Christ (+April 19, 1892)
Blessed Athanasius Adrewyevich of Orel, Fool-for-Christ (+April 12, 1967)
Priest Peter, fool-for-Christ of Uglich (+Sep 3, 1866)
Blessed Schema-hieromonk Theophilus, fool-for-Christ of the Kiev Caves (+Oct 28, 1852)
Anthony Ivanovich, fool-for-Christ of Valaam (+Jun 7, 1832)
New-Martyr Michael, Fool-for-Christ (+Apr 1, 1931)
Blessed Parasceva "Pasha of Sarov," Fool-for Christ of Diveyevo Convent (+1915)
New-Martyr Theoktista Michailovna of Voronezh (+Feb 22, 1936)

Also: http://www.roca.org/OA/105/105f.htm

...and also consider that St John the Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco (+1966) has been called a Holy Fool by quite a few people.

One of the defining things about Saints who were "Fools-for-Christ" was that they were mocked and thought insane: i.e. just fools. I inwardly wince at your comments for the simple reason that those who mocked the great Saints in previous centuries also thought the yurodivy to be not "part of contemporary Orthodoxy". I think it's too strong a statement to say that such a calling doesn't exist anymore. From the witnesses of the Church, it seems once a particular podvig appears and flourishes, it never entirely disappears again*.

The possibility of it is always there, because it has been revealed as path to Salvation.

*monasticism is a great example of this, which grew t the time of St Anthony the Great, and has never disappeared since

IC XC
NI KA
CBGardner
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

Ask w/ tears, seek w/ obedience, knock w/ patience

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

How in the world is it "defunct"?

Even in conservative Russian circles the holy fool is viewed as something from at least three centuries ago. The archetype may continue to appear in literature or film, but it is not considered part of contemporary Orthodoxy. Someone trying to revive it will probably have some problems with his bishop.

Anyone actively seeking to be a "Fool-for-Christ" will have problems with his bishop, but the same is true if someone actively seeking martyrdom too. Neither is because of such people don't exist anymore. Those who are called Fools-for-Christ or Holy Fools are done so after their death, and usually by popular acclaim.

As for the claim that holy fools are from "at least three centuries ago", here are some people from the past two-hundred years who are acclaimed as Fools for Christ, and are canonized, or else considered righteous and listed in calendars on the day of their repose:

Blessed Anthony Alexseevich, Fool-for-Christ of Zadonsk (+September 29, 1851)
Anthony Ivanovich, Fool-for-Christ of Valaam (+June 7, 1832)
Asenatha of Goritsky, Fool-for-Christ (+April 19, 1892)
Blessed Athanasius Adrewyevich of Orel, Fool-for-Christ (+April 12, 1967)
Priest Peter, fool-for-Christ of Uglich (+Sep 3, 1866)
Blessed Schema-hieromonk Theophilus, fool-for-Christ of the Kiev Caves (+Oct 28, 1852)
Anthony Ivanovich, fool-for-Christ of Valaam (+Jun 7, 1832)
New-Martyr Michael, Fool-for-Christ (+Apr 1, 1931)
Blessed Parasceva "Pasha of Sarov," Fool-for Christ of Diveyevo Convent (+1915)
New-Martyr Theoktista Michailovna of Voronezh (+Feb 22, 1936)

Also: http://www.roca.org/OA/105/105f.htm

...and also consider that St John the Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco (+1966) has been called a Holy Fool by quite a few people.

One of the defining things about Saints who were "Fools-for-Christ" was that they were mocked and thought insane: i.e. just fools. I inwardly wince at your comments for the simple reason that those who mocked the great Saints in previous centuries also thought the yurodivy to be not "part of contemporary Orthodoxy". I think it's too strong a statement to say that such a calling doesn't exist anymore. From the witnesses of the Church, it seems once a particular podvig appears and flourishes, it never entirely disappears again*.

The possibility of it is always there, because it has been revealed as path to Salvation.

*monasticism is a great example of this, which grew t the time of St Anthony the Great, and has never disappeared since

And look at Mother Tarso the Fool-for-Christ. (thanks Jason haha) She was kicked out of a convent for being a fool. She reposed sometime in the 80's I believe.

Authentic zeal is not directed towards anything but union in Christ, or against anything but our own fallenness.

"Beardliness is next to Godliness."- Asteriktos
Xenia1918
High Elder

Faith: Praying for Divine guidance

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying?
By definition, one can only lie about that which one knows to be true. He can be lying about what he knows to be a fact by stating that he knows more than he really does, but if he doesn't really know whether you're Christian or not, he isn't really lying by stating that you're not, for he simply doesn't know for certain. Again, lying is the act of telling someone the opposite of what the liar knows with certainty to be true. To accuse him of lying is to assert that you know what he knows to be true--in this case, to assert that you know that he knows without a doubt that you are a Christian yet would try to deceive us into believing you aren't. Are you ready to argue that you can read his mind with such certainty as to know exactly what he knows?

What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
You're not really helping your cause any by launching your own defensive attack against Marc like this. I advise you then to just leave him alone.

My story is in several places on this forum, all one needs to do is read my posts to learn my background. In fact its also listed in my profile info. In fact eacxh post of mine has this under my handle: "Faith: Orthodox catechumen of Jewish and Traditional RC background".

I am a catechumen in the Orthodox Church, but I truly hope that most Orthodox are not like him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:19:21 PM by Xenia1918 » Logged

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

REAL RC: http://www.traditionalmass.org
REAL OC: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »

OK, time for me to be the little boy who sees that the Emperor is naked.... Cheesy

The reason why so many today bend over backward to sound pro-Jewish (and pro-black), is because they have a dread fear of being thought "racist" or "antisemitic". Apparently, there is nothing worse one can be called....personally I'd rather be called one of those rather than "pedophile", "rapist" or "murderer", but that's just me I guess.

The only facts we know so far is that you're not actually a Christian and he is not actually a Monk.

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying? What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.

Oh okay..... I didnt catch the part that you're Roman Catholic..That counts. 

I've already recently posted my conversion story. I have nothing more to add. It's not all that interesting.. Click on my profile and go down the list a couple of weeks..

Btw. when a Jew converts to Christianity it's not a requirement that you become Antisemitic.

I felt this way for a LONG time, and it had nothing to do with becoming a Christian. When you've grown up in Orthodox Judaism, you see learn and experience things that secular Jews and nonJews often don't know about.

"O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us..." (from the Prayer of St Basil the Great)

Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:25 PM »

By definition, one can only lie about that which one knows to be true. He can be lying about what he knows to be a fact by stating that he knows more than he really does, but if he doesn't really know whether you're Christian or not, he isn't really lying by stating that you're not, for he simply doesn't know for certain. Again, lying is the act of telling someone the opposite of what the liar knows with certainty to be true. To accuse him of lying is to assert that you know what he knows to be true--in this case, to assert that you know that he knows without a doubt that you are a Christian yet would try to deceive us into believing you aren't. Are you ready to argue that you can read his mind with such certainty as to know exactly what he knows?

What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.
You're not really helping your cause any by launching your own defensive attack against Marc like this. I advise you then to just leave him alone.

My story is in several places on this forum, all one needs to do is read my posts to learn my background. In fact its also listed in my profile info. In fact eacxh post of mine has this under my handle: "Faith: Orthodox catechumen of Jewish and Traditional RC background".

I am a catechumen in the Orthodox Church, but I truly hope that most Orthodox are not like him.

Do us and you a favor and stay with the RCC.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »

May I quote you to my priest? And yes, he knows my views. He understands why I hold them, too.

Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »

Why don't you do us and you a favor and not discourage people from joining themselves to the body of Christ.  Xenia is a catechumen, prepared to accept the entirety of the Orthodox faith, yet you urge her otherwise. I certainly do not use this term lightly, but your words are demonic.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »

I can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to believe this.
I'm losing faith in humanity one post at a time.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

There are quite a few Jews who would agree with his statement. Just one for example :

"Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

- Menachem Begin. (Israeli Prime Minister in a speech to the Knesset)

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »

There are quite a few Jews who would agree with his statement. Just one for example :

"Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

In (Orthodox Jewish) Hebrew school, we were taught that "love your neighbor as yourself" only applies to fellow Jews. That, and many other things like it, are what led me gradually away from Judaism as a teenager originally. How could I accept that belief when half my family was not Jewish?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:46:47 AM by Xenia1918 » Logged

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2011, 12:44:05 AM »

I remember when he said that (sighh). What an idiot.
Do you really? That's interesting, because he NEVER said it:
http://begincenterdiary.blogspot.com/2009/05/correcting-misquotation-reputedly-by.html

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

FAIL

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »

I certainly do not use this term lightly, but your words are demonic.

Amen. And if there is any anti-Hebraism in this thread he certainly is not helping the healing of it.  Roll Eyes

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Xenia1918
High Elder

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »

I certainly do not use this term lightly, but your words are demonic.

Amen. And if there is any anti-Hebraism in this thread he certainly is not helping the healing of it.  Roll Eyes

As I mentioned, I was raised an Orthodox Jew. I also grew up in an Orthodox Jewish community that was very insular, so much so that when I decided at age 18 to convert to Roman Catholicism, I had to travel outside of my neighborhood for catechesis so I would not be seen by neighbors and reported to my parents (I eventually did tell them, but I didn't want it to be right away, obviously.)

I saw, heard and was taught many things that never sat well with me...about Gentiles, about Christians, about Judaism's outlook on nonJews. That was my main gripe. Years later, I learned more, such as the way the rabbis after the destruction of the Second Temple reworked Judaism in order to insure its survival, by deliberately re-translating the Tanakh so prophecies would not sound so much like Christ.

My priest and Orthodox friends know of my issues and they are working with me on them. As one said to me, "If the rabbis lied, they didn't just lie to you and other Jews but to all of us....but you need to forgive them because if a veil was over their eyes about Christ, it was God who put it there".

He's right, and I know that. It just grieves me to know that so many Jews died without Christ because of their lies and distortions. I remember being taught that Christians deliberately distorted the Old Testament Scriptures to make them sound like Christ, and years later I learned that the reverse was actually true (look up the Septuagint/Masoretic controversy, and read Justin the Philosopher's Dialogue with Trypho the Jew for more info.)

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »

http://begincenterdiary.blogspot.com/2009/05/correcting-misquotation-reputedly-by.html

Ahh, the internet.  A sourceless quote, stated as fact and refuted by a blog.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2011, 01:35:49 AM »

ROFL! Well put!

CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 01:47:45 AM »

Perpetuating a spurious quotation is bearing false witness.

Read some Talmud and Zohar and get caught up on all of the things you are presently oblivious to.

The majority of Jews have never read the Talmud, and certainly not the Zohar. It's hard to ascribe a conspiracy to an entire people on the basis of a book they've never read and wouldn't even care to.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:51:00 AM by CRCulver » Logged
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01:42 AM »

And if you're actually a Christian, why are you lying? What makes you say I'm not a Christian? How do we know you're one? You certainly don't speak like any I ever knew, and I've known some GENUINE Christians.

How are you defining "Christian"? I was baptized a Roman Catholic and am currently a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. My chrismation is set for two weeks from now. And you?  I do think I ask about your conversion story and have yet to see it.

Oh okay..... I didnt catch the part that you're Roman Catholic..That counts. 

I've already recently posted my conversion story. I have nothing more to add. It's not all that interesting.. Click on my profile and go down the list a couple of weeks..

Btw. when a Jew converts to Christianity it's not a requirement that you become Antisemitic.

Is a requirement to be a Jewish person to believe in Jewish racial superiority? Because you certainly follow those guidelines.

If you think Jews are no better or worse than anyother group, how is that anti-semitic in the slightest?

Xenia is not antisemitic, she believes in universal racial equality...sorry you don't think gentiles are equal to Jews Marc...

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01:44 AM »

Would you agree with something that wasnt truthful? No offense, but if you thought the Bible was BS would you be a Christian?

I'll fire back, do you not think it is truthful because you do not agree with it?

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01:44 AM »

Deliberate flouting of society's conventions to serve Christianity, that's a BIG aspect of being a Holy Fool. There is nothing wrong with it, and it is, in fact, quite brave and honorable. Just because you dont have the courage to do it, doesnt make it crazy.

Thanks to people like you, in one hundred years people are going to be saying monasteries are insane. Leave your secular views of the world when you convert people. Wink

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2011, 02:01:45 AM »

Ahh, the internet. Where people assume forgetting a source automatically makes it false.

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2011, 02:02:50 AM »

Would you agree with something that wasnt truthful? No offense, but if you thought the Bible was BS would you be a Christian?

I'll fire back, do you not think it is truthful because you do not agree with it?
I asked the first question here. You will get no answer from me until I get one from you. Smiley
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:49 AM »

Ahh, the internet. Where people assume forgetting a source automatically makes it false.
Oh I suppose you "heard" him say it too.
In psychiatry we call this kind of stuff folie à plusieurs, and the internet has spread this mental illness further and faster than any time in history.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »

Ahh, the internet.  A sourceless quote, stated as fact and refuted by a blog.

In psychiatry we call this kind of stuff folie à plusieurs, and the internet has spread this mental illness further and faster than any time in history.

folie à plusieurs - Isn't that the same thing as shared delusions?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:51:47 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2011, 03:04:30 AM »

The proper term is "Shared Psychotic Disorder" and folie à plusieurs is one of the many Shared Psychotic Disorders.

The types include (but are not limited to):

Folie à deux ("insanity of two"), where two people -usually a couple- are involved. The characters George & Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf would be an example of this.

Folie en famille ("insanity in the family"), where an entire family falls into the delusional beliefs of one of the members (Westboro Baptist Church is an example of this).

Folie à plusieurs ("insanity of many") where a delusional belief spreads through an entire group of people. The Salem Witch Trials would be an example of this.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 03:07:55 AM »

Way to be judgemental, good Christian morals. I never said Ive heard it, I'm just saying I know Ioannis Climacus, he wouldn't make that up.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 03:07:55 AM »

I asked the first question here. You will get no answer from me until I get one from you. Smiley

Obvious questions do not require obvious answers mate. Wouldn't it make sense to think something you agree with is truthful?

Forgive my sins.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »

Way to be judgemental, good Christian morals.
If the shoe doesn't fit, why are you trying to wear it?

I never said Ive heard it, I'm just saying I know Ioannis Climacus, he wouldn't make that up.
No one's saying he would make it up. What he's more likely doing is passing it along without questioning it because it fits his world view.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:18:52 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2011, 03:11:28 AM »

Way to be judgemental, good Christian morals. I never said Ive heard it, I'm just saying I know Ioannis Climacus, he wouldn't make that up.
I didn't say you guys were morally corrupt. Just sharing a delusion.
You're not bad. You're mad. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:11:55 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »

Obvious questions do not require obvious answers mate.
I'm not your mate, buddy.

Wouldn't it make sense to think something you agree with is truthful?
I'm not saying you agree with it; I'm saying it agrees with you.

BTW, just because you agree with something and therefore think it truthful doesn't mean it is. That's the point I've been trying to make with you. Would you concur that it's possible to agree with a lie?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:16:34 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:45 AM »

Ha, that's what you call refutation? The author of the blog fails to even address the quote provided. He instead diverts attention to something completely different. The author claims that in reality the quote is a misquote of a misquote (which he cites as coming from the New Statesman). His source? An internet forum (the level of academic refutation is overwhelming). I actually have a portion of this Knesset session on an audio file (which I can and will provide to anyone willing to translate). That said, it is short and certainly does not contain the entirety of the session, so it may lack the section in question.

Evidence of this quote seems to be derived from entirely secondary sources (which does not necessarily ruin its credibility). I think we need to delve into the personal character of Menachem Begin as well as the nature of Jewish supremacism. The quote attributed to Mr. Begin is certainly not innovative (there are multiple Talmudic passages that share this sentiment), nor is it foreign to the Israeli mindset (http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/palestinians.php). These are numerous quotes expressing the same vile racism. Do you remember what President Jimmy Carter said about Begin in his memoirs? Who he compared him to? I will give you a hint. It was a particular Austrian dictator of recent memory. Even without primary evidence, all of this is pretty damning on his part - Overt racism (Carter actually records him as mentioning his "Master Race" in private conversation), apartheid politics against the Palestinian people, belief in the anti-Christ (and racist) Talmud, etc. On what grounds exactly are we defending Mr. Begin?

Perpetuating a spurious quotation is bearing false witness.
Only if it's actually false. Do some research next time, rather than copying and pasting the first result on a Google search.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:03:59 AM by Ioannis Climacus » Logged

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2011, 04:25:03 AM »

Do some research next time, rather than copying and pasting the first result on a Google search.
I did.

Dear celticfan1888, Xenia1918, and Ioannis Climacus,
Being the pious Orthodox Christians you are, always seeking the truth, I thought you might like to know the original source for your alleged quote of Menachem Begin. It comes from one "Texe Marrs" who runs this "internet ministry" website. He posted it in 2003 on rense.com, a website run by one "Jeff Rense", an American conspiracy theorist. Here is the post: http://www.rense.com/general45/master.htm . I know how much you guys value these two "pillars of Orthodoxy", Mr. Jeff Rense, and Mr. Texe Marrs and their wonderful "internet ministries" which are such a great service to humanity, so I thought you'd like to know. Smiley

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »

I think we need to delve into the personal character of Menachem Begin as well as the nature of Jewish supremacism. The quote attributed to Mr. Begin is certainly not innovative (there are multiple Talmudic passages that share this sentiment), nor is it foreign to the Israeli mindset (http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/palestinians.php). These are numerous quotes expressing the same vile racism. Do you remember what President Jimmy Carter said about Begin in his memoirs? Who he compared him to? I will give you a hint. It was a particular Austrian dictator of recent memory. Even without primary evidence, all of this is pretty damning on his part - Overt racism (Carter actually records him as mentioning his "Master Race" in private conversation), apartheid politics against the Palestinian people, belief in the anti-Christ (and racist) Talmud, etc. On what grounds exactly are we defending Mr. Begin?

Even if the Begin quote were authentic, and even if the Talmud does contain irksome passages, how does that imply that Christians should fear a conspiracy of "the Jews" again?

When people complain about "those Christians" on the basis of actions by annoying Protestant groups, Orthodox are quick to say that not all Christians are like that. But with Jews, why are we supposed to assume they are all Talmud-driven fanatics, when all evidence is that the dogma of the religion matters to only a small minority of those calling themselves Jewish?

It's foolish and counterproductive. I don't think the Church shouldn't evangelize those poor Jewish people, far from it. Rather, I suggest a "know your enemy" approach when engaging Jewish society, because trying to speak to a caricature isn't effective mission.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:42:58 AM by CRCulver » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2011, 04:42:37 AM »

Even if the Begin quote were authentic
Surely Jeff Rense and Texe Marrs wouldn't lie?

Philoumenos

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2011, 05:14:38 AM »

Ha!

All one has to do is glance at the CAMERA site to see who runs it.

The problem arises when one believes that these people won't lie. They will!

The majority of Jews have never read the Talmud, and certainly not the Zohar.

Oh? I guess you've got "the majority of Jews" in your kitchen over there with you do you?

Insinuations of mental illness again I see. Nice.

Couldn't someone just as easily accuse you of insanity because you don't believe it?

I'm pretty sure that neither you or Marc1152 are qualified to make diagnoses over the internet.

Let's be a little nicer to each other here OK? It's real easy!

The proper term is "Shared Psychotic Disorder" and folie à plusieurs is one of the many Shared Psychotic Disorders.

The types include (but are not limited to):

Folie à deux ("insanity of two"), where two people -usually a couple- are involved. The characters George & Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf would be an example of this.

Folie en famille ("insanity in the family"), where an entire family falls into the delusional beliefs of one of the members (Westboro Baptist Church is an example of this).

Folie à plusieurs ("insanity of many") where a delusional belief spreads through an entire group of people. The Salem Witch Trials would be an example of this.

What do you call shared denial?

You're not bad. You're mad. Smiley

You got that right. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE (Mild profanity)

Would you concur that it's possible to agree with a lie?

Would you agree that it's possible to think (or more appropriately to be convinced) something is a lie when it's actually true?

Many people say Jesus Christ is a lie. I could find you half a million links that would agree... But that don't make it true.

Here's a quote for you:

“Give me control of a nation’s money and I care not who makes the laws.”
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:17:18 AM by Philoumenos » Logged

“If my sons did not want war, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnapper, wife of Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:20 AM »

Ha!

All one has to do is look at the original source for the quote and the kind of people you examples of pious Orthodox Christianity believe:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,37755.msg598586.html#msg598586
Insisting on your delusions after they are patently proven false merely confirms my diagnosis of your folie à plusieurs.

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2011, 05:30:38 AM »

Oh? I guess you've got "the majority of Jews" in your kitchen over there with you do you?

It's well documented that even in Israel, the "Jewish state", 80% of people identifying as Jews are secular and generally do not care for the Talmud, the object of study of the disparaged Orthodox Jewish minority.

Again, even if this quote were authentic (and there's no primary sources for it -- The Creature from Jekyll Island is book from 1998 written by a conspiracy theorist and published by a non-academic press), how does it support the idea of a global conspiracy of "the Jews"?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:34:37 AM by CRCulver » Logged
Philoumenos

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2011, 06:05:35 AM »

Ha!

All one has to do is glance at the MODERATED site to see who runs it.
All one has to do is look at the original source for the quote and the kind of people you examples of pious Orthodox Christianity believe:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,37755.msg598586.html#msg598586
Insisting on your delusions after they are patently proven false merely confirms my diagnosis of your folie à plusieurs.

I don't have to look. I remember when it went up. That is not the original source for that quote. That's BS.

It was listed first (or before Marrs' post anyway) on Mike Rivero's site: LINK MODERATED What REALLY Happened... It's #28 on the list.

Mike Rivero is himself a Sephardic Jew. That's why they send you on a wild goose chase to a supposedly 'Christian' website. It's all so transparent and predictable as to be laughable... and yet there are no shortage of people who just refuse to believe that the sweet little Jews are lying through their teeth!

The ORIGINAL, original source for the quote though is listed at WRH:

- Israeli prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parliament] quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982

According to LINK MODERATED Franklin Lamb:
"It was Amnon Kapeliouk who courageously published in the New Statesmen of June 25 1982 the racist Zionist rant of Prime Minister Begin before the Knesset forty eight hours earlier. His report was to activate the Boston based McCarthyite Zionist hate group, CAMERA to hound him until his death.

So spoke Begin to his colleagues::

""Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as

different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our

race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered

as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly

kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our

feet and serve us as our slaves."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:57:48 PM by serb1389 » Logged

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2011, 06:19:24 AM »

Uh huh. So you are quoting something posted in 2009 to "prove" that it predates something posted in 2003......
And you are trying to prove to me how sane you are by quoting from well known conspiracy theory sites (one of which, by the way has a malicious virus which Norton picked up- or perhaps "they" just don't want you to visit it.......)

Ha!

I don't have to look. I remember when it went up. That is not the original source for that quote. That's BS.

It was listed first (or before Marrs' post anyway) on Mike Rivero's site: What REALLY Happened... It's #28 on the list.

Mike Rivero is himself a Sephardic Jew. That's why they send you on a wild goose chase to a supposedly 'Christian' website. It's all so transparent and predictable as to be laughable... and yet there are no shortage of people who just refuse to believe that the sweet little Jews are lying through their teeth!

The ORIGINAL, original source for the quote though is listed at WRH:

- Israeli prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parliament] quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982

According to Franklin Lamb:

"It was Amnon Kapeliouk who courageously published in the New Statesmen of June 25 1982 the racist Zionist rant of Prime Minister Begin before the Knesset forty eight hours earlier. His report was to activate the Boston based McCarthyite Zionist hate group, CAMERA to hound him until his death.

So spoke Begin to his colleagues::

""Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as

different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our

race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered

as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly

kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our

feet and serve us as our slaves."

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:20:33 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Philoumenos

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2011, 06:22:41 AM »

It's well documented that even in Israel, the "Jewish state", 80% of people identifying as Jews are secular and generally do not care for the Talmud, the object of study of the disparaged Orthodox Jewish minority.

Or at least that's what they want you to think. Regardless. It's a Talmudic culture; it's a worldview:

'Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem' by Max Blumenthal (PROFANITY)

Listen to the guy give out a fake Auschwitz number... Ha!

Again, even if this quote were authentic (and there's no primary sources for it -- The Creature from Jekyll Island is book from 1998 written by a conspiracy theorist and published by a non-academic press), how does it support the idea of a global conspiracy of "the Jews"?

Really?

Maybe you should look into the history of the Rothschilds (RedShields) and their ilk around the world in recent history a little first.

Yeah. I think so.

Philoumenos

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »

Uh huh. So you are quoting something posted in 2009 to "prove" that it predates something posted in 2003......
And you are trying to prove to me how sane you are by quoting from well known conspiracy theory sites (one of which, by the way has a malicious virus which Norton picked up- or perhaps "they" just don't want you to visit it.......)

LOL

Failure.

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2011, 06:26:11 AM »

LOL

Failure.

Really?
BINGO!:
Or at least that's what they want you to think.

In this thread, you have
1) Proven you're deluded.
2) Managed to get your computer hacked by visiting one of the many conspiracy sites you frequent.

I'd say that's a fail. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:31:52 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

CRCulver
OC.net guru

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2011, 06:33:35 AM »

Or at least that's what they want you to think. Regardless. It's a Talmudic culture; it's a worldview

Right, because the guy who considers himself Jewish because his Polish grandmother was and, after leaving religious observance behind, his family never adopted any other faith else is so steeped in the Talmud. The 30,000 Israelis a year who go to India and sit on the beach smoking hashish, praising Shiva and complaining that Abrahamic religion is BS are so steeped in rabbinical lore. The Russians who came to Israel because they could find better jobs than in the former USSR, and who are more sympathetic to Russian Orthodoxy than to Orthodox Judaism, are so bent on world domination.

'Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem' by Max Blumenthal (PROFANITY)

For about the dozenth time I'll ask, assuming that some calling themselves Jewish are obnoxious, how does that support the claim of a conspiracy of "the Jews"?

Maybe you should look into the history of the Rothschilds (RedShields) and their ilk around the world in recent history a little first.

Even if the Rothschilds are nefarious, how does this imply that Jews in general are in conspiracy?

Post modified to clean up profanity... -PtA
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:13:06 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags: Jews anti-Semitism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: