OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 07:04:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moratorium on Discussing Homosexual Conduct  (Read 2920 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« on: January 13, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »

Based on the sudden rash of discussing topics relating to homosexuality with these discussions resulting in a cascade of urgent activity by the Moderatorial staff, I am forced to impose a moratorium on discussing topics revolving around homosexuality here on OC.net until a point after Pentecost.

During this moratorium any posts discussing homosexuality will have their contents edited or deleted, and disciplinary action will be meted out. Any existing threads discussing homosexuality will be locked.

Moderators: Generally we do not take an action without building a consensus of the Moderatorial Staff. However, in this regard you are authorized to act without hesitation. Just make note of the actions taken as we usually do.

This directive will take effect immediately.

+FrChris
Forum Administrator

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »

For the record, this moratorium is still in force for the time being. No one lifted it, yet some posters decided on their own that it had expired because Pentecost was over (even though the exact expiration date was not specified).

Fr Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »

bump for reminder
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »

It's still in use.
Tags: homosexuality 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: