OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 08:42:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Retreive and Save Removed Web Pages  (Read 1642 times) Average Rating: 0
Heracleides
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarch of Jerusalem

Kona-Kai

« on: November 17, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »

For those wanting to recover & save their postings on CAF using Google, I thought I'd give an example of what to type into the Google search box... for instance:

site:forums.catholic.com fr ambrose

Doing this brings up 5,550 hits (one can of course narrow the search by typing in additional terms).  Once you find whatever it is you're wanting to save, click on "cached" and once the cached page comes up, save it (I prefer saving such pages as single file *.mht pages). Hope this helps those seeking to recover some of the more recent gems from CAF before they vanish completely.

"And having found Heracleides there again, we instructed him to proclaim the Gospel of God..."  ~Acts of Barnabas
paradoxy
Married Hermit

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

"Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 01:35:11 PM »

THIS IS NOT WORKING ANY MORE!

They're now restricted.

And when He knew for certain
Only drowning men could see Him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"

Leonard Cohen
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »

Restricted how? Can you not still view the cached page?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »

The cached pages work fine for me.  I just tried a couple from each of the pages of results and all worked.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
paradoxy
Married Hermit

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

"Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »

Restricted how? Can you not still view the cached page?

The cached pages work fine for me.  I just tried a couple from each of the pages of results and all worked.

Embarrassed You're right, the cached pages are, of course, still there. In the first post-exile days, it was possible to get them by clicking on the title, and now it isn't, so I was confused...

But I do have a real problem. When I try to access results from page 12 or later, Google tells me this:

We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

EVERY TIME. Why?

And when He knew for certain
Only drowning men could see Him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"

Leonard Cohen
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 02:50:24 PM »

But I do have a real problem. When I try to access results from page 12 or later, Google tells me this:

EVERY TIME. Why?

I get the same issues when I use FireFox and IE sometimes, usually it goes away after a while if you keep trying.  Opera has not given me the error message... yet.  Tongue

It is at least better than the old message of "A company virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected".   police

It is a problem with the way google functions now, not on your end.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:05:44 PM by Friul » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Tags: CAF Archives CAF Reunion CAF Catholic Answers Forum 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: