OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:06:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions from the New Members, and especially former CAF folks!  (Read 7734 times) Average Rating: 0
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« on: November 17, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »

Blessings of the Lord to all who read this post!

Let me start by saying how pleased we, the contributors at OC.net that were here prior to your arrival, that you found us! It makes me wonder if this is how families on one side of the Iron Curtain felt when they were finally reunited with their loved ones, separated by the actions of certain regimes.

In order to help serve you, and through these actions build for our future, I would like to ask folks who have just discovered our community the following:

1. What would you like to see on OC.net that would be helpful or interesting for you?

2. For those who have come from different fora...what kept you there,and why didn't you come here sooner (or more often)? What can we do to help others like you find us?

Thank you for your time in this matter. I can't promise that we'll do everything, but at least your ideas could form a starting point for us to work from.

+Fr Chris
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:16:08 AM by FrChris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
maqhth

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

"Be not troubling of you the heart..."

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »

Thank-you Father Chris...

Let me start by saying how pleased we, the contributors at OC.net that were here prior to your arrival, that you found us! It makes me wonder if this is how families on one side of the Iron Curtain felt when they were finally reunited with their loved ones, separated by the actions of certain regimes.

I, like quite a few others, had signed up on this list long ago and forgotten...  I had never posted much on it, and it was so long ago that I have forgotten why...

In order to help serve you, and through these actions build for our future, I would like to ask folks who have just discovered our community the following:

1. What would you like to see on OC.net that would be helpful or interesting for you?

I would like to see a section of pictures of Orthodox settings of all sorts - Churches, Icon Corners, Outdoor Baptisms [I remember one in Valaam in the lake through a hole cut in the ice in winter that was a great tool in discussions with Catholics on matters of piety and askesis... Roll Eyes]

2. For those who have come from different fora...what kept you there,and why didn't you come here sooner (or more often)? What can we do to help others like you find us?

I had been on Theologyweb.com, and migrated over to CAF on the trail of an "almost" Orthodox convert who joined Rome - To see what had lured him from the Holy Orthodox Church...  What kept me at both was the conversion of readers to Orthodoxy...  On a forum such as this, we are preaching to the choir, whereas on those, we are in the world inviting folks out of it...  And suffering the lumps that go with that process - Joyously...  I have a missionizing heart, and so do not go to websites to confirm my Orthodoxy, but to spread it abroad...  I love seeing people with integrity encounter the Truth in Orthodoxy, and the struggles that they pass through in embracing it...  There is a wonderful challenge for those souls - They don't need much - They are ready, and have a feel for what Truth smells like, and often there is just some particular item that they are struggling with that will get addressed by "accident" in postings with them, and when that happens, it is the matter-of-fact Orthodox way of handling things, that are outside of the faith considered monumental, that often turns the trick...  They are looking to be bowled over, and the Orthodox pretty much LIVE bowled over...  We are used to it...

So it is the challenges of introducing Orthodoxy to the world that keeps me on non-Orthodox Fora...

Arsenios

[/size]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:10:19 PM by maqhth » Logged

Reader Arsenios

Watch what you do...
You may be the only Bible...
That some will ever read...
wynd
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »

The main thing for me is the number of posts per page, if the forum software allows a choice. At other forums I have it set to the highest it can go, which is usually 40 but ranges up to 100, and it's weird here with the limit of 10 or whatever it is. I prefer the minimum number of clicks necessary to read a thread  Grin

I lurked here for a while a year or two ago, but I recall being turned off by a number of posters who seemed to have very extreme views on everything, e.g., the New Calendar is from Satan, the EP is a heretic, sex is for procreation only, and God help you if you cook with oil on a fast day. Needless to say, Roman Catholics were hopelessly damned.

What kept me at other forums was the people who posted there. But now that most or all of them are here, I plan on spending a lot more time here. (Indeed, I already have!)

Thank you for your time in this matter. I can't promise that we'll do everything, but at least your ideas could form a starting point for us to work from.

Smiley
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:12:21 AM »

Let me interject a preemptive note here, for the longtime members of OC.net:

Let's not begin attempting to "defend" the forum or the members in this thread.  I know most are not inclined to do so, but let's be clear: this thread is only for suggestions and observations as defined in FrChris' opening post.  If anyone feels the need to respond to a post in this thread, or to begin a dialogue based on what is posted here, then feel free to begin a new and cross-linked thread elsewhere on the site.

This thread is to be a "safe" place for folks to make suggestions and critiques of the site, as per FrChris' request.

- Cleveland, Global Moderator
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:13:25 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »

this thread is only for suggestions and observations as defined in FrChris' opening post.  If anyone feels the need to respond to a post in this thread, or to begin a dialogue based on what is posted here, then feel free to begin a new and cross-linked thread elsewhere on the site.

This thread is to be a "safe" place for folks to make suggestions and critiques of the site, as per FrChris' request.

- Cleveland, Global Moderator
Dear Cleveland.

Not sure if you have Wynd's post in mind, probably not since he was definitely on topic and answering Fr Chris' questions.

Fr Chris wrote:
For those who have come from different fora...what kept you there,and why didn't you come here sooner (or more often)?
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »

Dear Cleveland.

Not sure if you have Wynd's post in mind, probably not since he was definitely on topic and answering Fr Chris' questions.

Fr Chris wrote:

I wasn't responding to wynd's post... As I stated, I was interjecting a "preemptive" note - i.e. before it became necessary.  It has nothing to do with Wynd's post, and was not directed towards Wynd.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 12:41:51 AM »

Father, Guys,
Really, cleveland is trying to keep this thread a safe place for you guys. Honest to goodness!
We can understand that you guys are jumpy and suspicious of moderators given what has happened on CAF, and I guess only time will establish any sort of trusting relationship between us, but I encourage you all to feel free to speak in this thread!
George
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:47:30 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »

The photogallery is something we have been working on. Does anyone reading this thread have any photo galleries they would like to submit?

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 01:05:44 AM »

I didn't know that this site was in existance until there was a link to it placed in a thread on CAF. When I searched in the past for Eastern Orthodox bulliten boards all I found was Monachos. And while that is a nice site, it is rather slow.

So far I really like the site. The only thing I have trouble with is that there is so much space Grin I am used to only having the one section to post on. And now with so many choices I feel sort a of cyber agoraphobia. But I think that is a change I can adapt to quite well on my own.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 01:08:26 AM by Quinault » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 01:11:14 AM »

I wasn't responding to wynd's post... As I stated, I was interjecting a "preemptive" note - i.e. before it became necessary.  It has nothing to do with Wynd's post, and was not directed towards Wynd.
My apologies.  As OzGeorge's following post says we are a bit jumpy after CAF sent us into exile by restructuring the Forum so that it is now difficult to see where we have a legitimate place left for our contributions (apart from the Non-Catholic Forum with the Muslims and JWs.)
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 01:22:41 AM »

II am used to only having the one section to post on. And now with so many choices I feel sort a of cyber agoraphobia.
Yes, you've put your finger on it!  Smiley

We were used to being in close up and dirty (in the apologetical sense) contact with a dozen or more Catholics and we had to stretch our brains to the limit to conduct the research in Patristics and Councils to make our points cogently.  It was hard work on CAF and we were corralled into one sub-forum (and that suited us fine.)

So, Father Chris, what we need is a group of Catholics who are happy to debate with us.  Some of the Catholics have written to me saying that they too crave the intellectual stimulation which we used to enjoy on CAF under Joe Monahan's kind moderation.  Could I tell them to pop in here and have a look?
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »

So, Father Chris, what we need is a group of Catholics who are happy to debate with us.  Some of the Catholics have written to me saying that they too crave the intellectual stimulation which we used to enjoy on CAF under Joe Monahan's kind moderation.  Could I tell them to pop in here and have a look?

Certainly! We have a board set up specifically for this type of discussion (i.e., Orthodox-Catholic Discussion, which has as its purpose in the header for this section "Discussion of issues which unite and divide the Orthodox Church and the Roman/Eastern Catholic churches (in Communion with Rome)" , and as a perusal of the 'longest threads' of this site shows....we also have fought this battle.

It seems, though, that many of the Catholic posters that frequented here to pose these questions would become frustrated over being the minority opinion...they are used to having 'home field advantage', so to speak. We would enjoy having fresh meat to play with, like a cat....

However, trolling to specifically start an argument is boorish behavior, regardless of the troll's religious background. As long as the discussion is devoted to sincerely discussing something, bring 'em on!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
paradoxy
Married Hermit

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox

"Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 09:56:36 AM »

So far, I really love it here! I love the relaxed, personal moderating! I just hadn't come across this forum before - I think all it takes for a much more active membership is for it to be more easily found by Google. It's unbelievable how many CAF members ended up there because they were using Google to look up a theological issue - somehow CAF is the first thing to pop up.

I'd also like more Catholics here - not necessarily as sparring partners.  Grin I admiy I genuinely enjoy Catholic company.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 09:57:40 AM by paradoxy » Logged

And when He knew for certain
Only drowning men could see Him
He said "All men will be sailors then
Until the sea shall free them"

Leonard Cohen
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »

The main thing for me is the number of posts per page, if the forum software allows a choice. At other forums I have it set to the highest it can go, which is usually 40 but ranges up to 100, and it's weird here with the limit of 10 or whatever it is. I prefer the minimum number of clicks necessary to read a thread  Grin
I lurked here for a while a year or two ago, but I recall being turned off by a number of posters who seemed to have very extreme views on everything, e.g., the New Calendar is from Satan, the EP is a heretic, sex is for procreation only, and God help you if you cook with oil on a fast day. Needless to say, Roman Catholics were hopelessly damned.

What kept me at other forums was the people who posted there. But now that most or all of them are here, I plan on spending a lot more time here. (Indeed, I already have!)

Smiley

Hi Wynd,

Per your request, I've increased the number of posts per page to a higher number.  Hopefully this works out better for you.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

We're also always looking for help on the site, so if you have any areas you'd like to assist with, we'd be really appreciative!

Right now I'm trying to find someone to help out with some graphics.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 02:25:28 PM »

Hi Wynd,

Per your request, I've increased the number of posts per page to a higher number.  Hopefully this works out better for you.

Thanks,
Robert

Wow - going from 15 posts per page to 45 is a big leap... You've just reduced by 67% the number of pages in the record-holding Random Postings thread (and all threads, for that matter).

---------------------
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 02:50:04 PM »

Wow - going from 15 posts per page to 45 is a big leap... You've just reduced by 67% the number of pages in the record-holding Random Postings thread (and all threads, for that matter).

It's my secret attempt to increase posting volume! Smiley

wynd
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

Transfiguration

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »

Hi Wynd,

Thanks,
Robert
Wow, thanks!  Smiley
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 06:19:38 AM »

So far, I really love it here! I love the relaxed, personal moderating! I just hadn't come across this forum before - I think all it takes for a much more active membership is for it to be more easily found by Google.

Robert,

As a lot of us know, this forum and ByzCath are probably the 2 most referenced Eastern sites on the web, and both are often referred to in shorthand - OC.net and ByzCath. For the latter, that works; for here, it doesn't.

Altho I know better, a few days ago I typed OC.net in an address line - and, of course, didn't end up here - duh. I wonder how many see that shorthanded reference and search only to be frustrated.

I just searched both Yahoo and Google, using OC.net as the search term. This site did appear as #6 on the Yahoo search results; Google returned it as #13. Not sure there's a solution - or at least no easy one, but thought I'd mention it.

Many years,

Neil

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 06:37:21 AM »

OC.net was a BBS-style Orthodox forum originating in South Africa back when this board was formed. Ceased operations a couple of years ago. Shame.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »

Yea, unfortunately oc.net is shorthand and we do not have it currently registered as a domain belonging to us. 

One can access this site by using the official address: http://orthodoxchristianity.net
or http://orthodox.ws (unofficial).

Maybe in time we'll be able to acquire oc.net!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »

Is it available?  Maybe we should add a bit to the fundraising drive, and acquire it as a domain for this site.

---------------------
Athanasios
Latin Rite Catholic faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Church Diocese of Youngstown

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »

Hello,

Robert,

As a lot of us know, this forum and ByzCath are probably the 2 most referenced Eastern sites on the web, and both are often referred to in shorthand - OC.net and ByzCath. For the latter, that works; for here, it doesn't.

Altho I know better, a few days ago I typed OC.net in an address line - and, of course, didn't end up here - duh. I wonder how many see that shorthanded reference and search only to be frustrated.

I just searched both Yahoo and Google, using OC.net as the search term. This site did appear as #6 on the Yahoo search results; Google returned it as #13. Not sure there's a solution - or at least no easy one, but thought I'd mention it.

Many years,

Neil
If you type in OrthodoxChristianity (no spaces) into Google, this site comes up #1. Of course, add a space and it drops down in the rankings quick.

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

Pray that we may be one, as Christ and His Father are one. (John 17:20ff)

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

Hello,

One thing I think would be nice - when I go to my profile to look at my subscribed threads, to have the threads with the newests posts at top.

Through the intercession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, may Jesus Christ bless you abundantly.

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »

Hello,

You know, I really miss the large selection of smilies.

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be a way to indent text while posting.

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »

I'll look into the above requests.

Thanks,
Robert
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »

Reply #8 of this thread had plenty of indentations:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13463.0.html

paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »

Hello,

Yes! Me too! I especially miss something for 'very happy', 'laughing hysterically',, and 'shrug'
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:00:44 PM by paradoxy » Logged

Leonard Cohen
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 04:16:40 PM »

Yes! Me too! I especially miss something for 'very happy', 'laughing hysterically',, and 'shrug'

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »

The URLs for those are

http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/ani/extra_happy.gif
http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

To insert them here you have to enclose the URLs in

[.....img]  ###############   [......../img]

Take out the dots.
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »

Hello,

Reply #8 of this thread had plenty of indentations:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13463.0.html
O.K. then I guess someone needs to teach me how.

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »

Hello,

Does anyone know if the CAF smilies are copyright or are allowed to be used elsewhere?

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 10:07:55 PM »

Does anyone know if the CAF smilies are copyright or are allowed to be used elsewhere?
CAF has taken their smilies from other sites where they are offered for free.

Coder, I was locked out of CAF today, forever.  And that is after not posting one single message since the day of the Great Change two weeks ago.

I just sent a message about it.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13287.msg186470.html#msg186470
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »

Yea, unfortunately oc.net is shorthand and we do not have it currently registered as a domain belonging to us. 

One can access this site by using the official address: http://orthodoxchristianity.net
or http://orthodox.ws (unofficial).

Maybe in time we'll be able to acquire oc.net!

What's .ws?

Is their some button I can click that will take me to the first unread post on a thread?  It's tedious having to find where I left off myself.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2007, 11:31:49 PM »

Hello,

Yes, just a little thing, but they were a nice touch (and also a way of cooling things down at times).

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Athanasios
OC.net guru

The Divine Mercy

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »

Hello,

What's .ws?
That's actually the international domain extension for Samoa.

Is their some button I can click that will take me to the first unread post on a thread?  It's tedious having to find where I left off myself.
If there are new posts, indicated by a new symbol, then clicking on new will take you to the first unread post.

A.K.A. - JMJ_coder
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 08:07:49 AM »

If there are new posts, indicated by a new symbol, then clicking on new will take you to the first unread post.

There's actually an easier way.
In your screen, next to your avatar and under your name at the top you will see two links:
"Show unread posts since last visit."
and
"Show new replies to your posts."
Clicking on each of these does exactly what the link says!

If you get a message saying that there are no unread messages, that means you have either viewed them all, or marked them all as read, or have already already called the list up once before on your current log in. If this happens, just click the link which says: "click here to view all unread posts" and you will get a list of them starting from the most current.

George

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »

If someone can send me a link to the smilies, I can upload them.
THanks,
Robert
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

If someone can send me a link to the smilies, I can upload them.
THanks,
Robert

http://forums.catholic.com/images/smilies/ is the folder.  I don't know all the names, but Father listed a few:

---------------------
paradoxy
Married Hermit

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »

There was one handy feature at CAF that's great for us who still have slow Internet access: by 'pointing', not clicking, at a topic title, you could see the first sentence or so and decide if you're interested enough to actually click & open the topic. Smiley

Leonard Cohen
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »

There was one handy feature at CAF that's great for us who still have slow Internet access: by 'pointing', not clicking, at a topic title, you could see the first sentence or so and decide if you're interested enough to actually click & open the topic. Smiley

We had that feature for awhile, but some folks got annoyed by it.  Any objectors please weigh in, else I can add it back.

Robert
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »

I wasn't here when it was around, so I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. Why not try it and see what people think? If it's possible to disable it in your personal settings, I don't see why we shouldn't have it.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Joab Anias

Jurisdiction: Rome

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »

+Fr Chris

The last two icons in the row of smilies seem to be broken ever since I got here. I get two square boxes/place holders, one says pumkin  :pumpkin: and the other says sleepy  :sleepy: in it. Does anyone else see this?

Peace.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »

The last two icons in the row of smilies seem to be broken ever since I got here. I get two square boxes/place holders, one says pumkin  :pumpkin: and the other says sleepy  :sleepy: in it. Does anyone else see this?

Peace.

Yes, I get that too.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
Tags: CAF CAF Archives CAF Reunion Catholic Answers Forum 
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: