Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 7609967 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #28530 on: May 16, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
Thanks.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• Goths and rivetheads are entering the Kingdom of God before me
  • OC.net guru
  • Screwing up the Church since 2017
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #28531 on: May 16, 2018, 10:26:57 PM »
Raise your hand if you can remember when GameStop was EB Games. Raises hand

I remember shopping at it when it was named Electronics Boutique  :police:

I didn't even know they were the same company til just now lol! I remember the Electronics Boutique days, yeah.
Electronics Boutique was the WaldenSoftware competitor (first-born of WaldenBooks) back in my day  ;D
Also, before there was NewEgg...there was Egghead Software. No relation despite the implied one :P
Too many theologists, not enough theologians.

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #28532 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:44 PM »
Today I had a cleaning at the dentist.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #28533 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
Today I had a cleaning at the dentist.

I need to go do that again soon.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #28534 on: May 17, 2018, 07:35:42 AM »
We have something like 20 dozen eggs in our refrigerator right now.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #28535 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »
We have something like 20 dozen eggs in our refrigerator right now.

You could make so many omelets!  ;D

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
  • Faith: Genuine Orthodox Church
  • Jurisdiction: Inquiring
« Reply #28536 on: May 17, 2018, 12:13:28 PM »
Taylor Swift ate my grandma at the Mcdonalds drive through.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:14:28 PM by Jackson02 »

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #28537 on: May 17, 2018, 02:30:34 PM »

???
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28538 on: May 17, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »

???

Hey, the title is Random Postings.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:59:05 PM by Jackson02 »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28539 on: May 17, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
"We are all human beans. What is left now is for each of us to grow to our full potential in Christ." - Abba Hezekiah

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #28540 on: May 17, 2018, 04:35:36 PM »

???

That's one heck of a random post...that frankly i wonder if you recognize the various ways it could be (mis)taken.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28541 on: May 17, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »

???

That's one heck of a random post...that frankly i wonder if you recognize the various ways it could be (mis)taken.

Actually, my mind just went to the surface reading. Either my mind is ruined by too much childish rano humor... or you're the pervert here lol.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28542 on: May 17, 2018, 05:04:20 PM »

I was listening to Lucretia My Reflection by Sisters of Mercy when I first saw that. It synced up disturbingly well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:04:34 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28543 on: May 17, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »
Actually, my mind just went to the surface reading. Either my mind is ruined by too much childish rano humor... or you're the pervert here lol.

"We are all human beans. What is left now is for each of us to grow to our full potential in Christ." - Abba Hezekiah

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28544 on: May 17, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
Google: collects every bit of data on me they can get; now knows me better than my mother does; chases me across the entire internet with ads that I don't want to see. Also Google: can't communicate to me in a consistent and timely manner when a youtuber I'm subscribed to uploads a video.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28545 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
Google: collects every bit of data on me they can get; now knows me better than my mother does; chases me across the entire internet with ads that I don't want to see. Also Google: can't communicate to me in a consistent and timely manner when a youtuber I'm subscribed to uploads a video.

Can, but are too lazy/greedy to hire more people to check up on these things. They'd rather leave everything they possibly can to dodgy algorithms- since they know that you and I don't really have anywhere else to go for videos. Like Jim Sterling once said, if Valve had an algorithm to make games for it, we'd already have Half-Life 3.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:52:04 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28546 on: May 17, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »

Can, but are too lazy/greedy to hire more people to check up on these things. They'd rather leave everything they possibly can to dodgy algorithms- since they know that you and I don't really have anywhere else to go for videos. Like Jim Sterling once said, if Valve had an algorithm to make games for it, we'd already have Half-Life 3.

We'd have Half life 3, but the franchise would go on until it suffers a slow and painful death.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:16:43 PM by Jackson02 »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28547 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:14 PM »

We'd have Half life 3, but the franchise would go on until it suffers a slow and painful death.

It already kind of is if you consider Portal to be part of the same family.

But I agree, there's too many franchise zombies about.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #28548 on: May 17, 2018, 11:44:19 PM »

???

Well, if a child said this, I’d smile and think of the surface reading. If an adult said the same thing, I’d be weirded out by it.

Online Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #28549 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:06 PM »
Can't be serious here. Its a random post.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28550 on: May 18, 2018, 12:02:08 AM »
In History Channel’s Vikings, I noticed 3 fatal flaws with their depiction of Lindisfarne.

1. The monks were using Gregorian chant which didn’t exist yet. (atleast not in its final form)
2. the monks were dressed as Dominicans instead of Benedictines.
3. The monks crossed themselves from left to right with their hand open.

Seriously History Channel?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:04:13 AM by Jackson02 »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28551 on: May 18, 2018, 12:20:31 AM »
In History Channel’s Vikings, I noticed 3 fatal flaws with their depiction of Lindisfarne.

1. The monks were using Gregorian chant which didn’t exist yet. (atleast not in its final form)

I sincerely hope this is tongue in cheek, but on this website :p...

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #28552 on: May 18, 2018, 02:39:04 AM »
Like Jim Sterling once said, if Valve had an algorithm to make games for it, we'd already have Half-Life 3.

Half-Life 3 was completed years ago. Gabe Newell only allowed the gold master to be made. He had it locked inside his tomb along with the developement team. When Gabe dies, he will be play it in the afterlife.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #28553 on: May 18, 2018, 02:45:21 AM »
Gregorian chant did exist, although it had some further historical development...
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28554 on: May 18, 2018, 03:18:19 AM »
Like Jim Sterling once said, if Valve had an algorithm to make games for it, we'd already have Half-Life 3.

Half-Life 3 was completed years ago. Gabe Newell only allowed the gold master to be made. He had it locked inside his tomb along with the developement team. When Gabe dies, he will be play it in the afterlife.

Was that Jack Thompson's master plan?

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #28555 on: May 18, 2018, 04:42:37 AM »

Jack Thompson is the grandson of John T. Thompson (developer of the famous submachine gun). Nolan Bushnell’s father helped steal the Tommy Gun fortune from the Thompson family. When Nolan founded Atari, Jack declared undying war against video games. No connection with Half-Life specifically.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28556 on: May 18, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
Gregorian chant did exist, although it had some further historical development...
That’s what I said.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28557 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »

Jack Thompson is the grandson of John T. Thompson (developer of the famous submachine gun). Nolan Bushnell’s father helped steal the Tommy Gun fortune from the Thompson family. When Nolan founded Atari, Jack declared undying war against video games. No connection with Half-Life specifically.
Interesting history.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #28558 on: May 18, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »

Enjoyable show nonetheless! 

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #28559 on: May 18, 2018, 04:43:49 PM »
For the last few days the weather has gotten rainy.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28560 on: May 18, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »

Yeah, same here.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28561 on: May 18, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »

Yeah, same here.
It’s hot and humid where I am.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:17:27 PM by Jackson02 »

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #28562 on: May 18, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »
We've had a couple of trees that were growing too close to our house (like, way, way too close) removed. I feel much better about sleeping in my bed now knowing that a giant oak is not going to come through the wall, but man is that room bright now.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28563 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:07 PM »
We've had a couple of trees that were growing too close to our house (like, way, way too close) removed. I feel much better about sleeping in my bed now knowing that a giant oak is not going to come through the wall, but man is that room bright now.

We've lost or are in the process of losing most of the trees in our yard due to wind storms.

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28564 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »

Enjoyable show nonetheless!
True.

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #28565 on: May 18, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
Concert in Warsaw (in Luteran church) of the Theotokos Orthodox Choir from Beirut, Lebanon

I was so glad to hear them live, being in this church. And I miss so much no-synodal chanting in Polish Churches and some other things...
The first chant is paraliturgical song "Rejoice o Bethany", they've made very interesting arrangement.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28566 on: May 18, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
I just realized that living Lego people would be anatomically forced to goose step everywhere they go.

....kind of puts the movie in a new light(?)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28567 on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:01 PM »
lol

fwiw it could be worse, as with some of the female lower bodies:

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28568 on: May 18, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
Watcha gonna do with all that... hollow space and load baring flat pieces of plastic?

Offline Jackson02

• High Elder
« Reply #28569 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »
Congratulations to Volnutt for 11,000 posts.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28570 on: May 18, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »

Ah, dangit. I didn't even notice. I should have "celebrated" somehow.

Thanks, though!

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #28571 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »

Thanks, though!

I guess 11,000 isn't usually seen as a milestone, as opposed to 15,000 or 20,000. Unless every 1,000 is a milestone, to each their own I guess. For me, 100 posts is a milestone.  ;D

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28572 on: May 18, 2018, 10:53:38 PM »

Thanks, though!

I guess 11,000 isn't usually seen as a milestone, as opposed to 15,000 or 20,000. Unless every 1,000 is a milestone, to each their own I guess. For me, 100 posts is a milestone.  ;D

You don't wanna be high like me.

A good 75% (at least) of my posts have been nothing but wasted time that I'll answer for on Judgment Day.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:55:24 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #28573 on: May 18, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »

Thanks, though!

You don't wanna be high like me.

A good 75% (at least) of my posts have been nothing but wasted time that I'll answer for on Judgment Day.

I suppose you can use the, "Imagine what sins I could have been doing instead!" argument.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline BrotherInChrist

« Reply #28574 on: May 19, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:45:15 AM by BrotherInChrist »