Author Topic: CRISPR/Embryo editing  (Read 848 times)

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
Re: CRISPR/Embryo editing
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 03:17:46 PM »
So, the argument biro and opus are making, as I understand it: I like ladies with wavy hair = let's send our zygotes to the lab to be designed.
Its more about defects. If a person has a large nose for example.  They will seek a partner with a small nose in order to manufacturer a regular nose in there offspring. This offers parents an alternative. If they both have big noses. They can buy a regular nose for their offspring.  Along with a 150 IQ, blue eyes, taller exc. Its a marketing thing and you know how girls love shopping.

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »
It's true, whether you like it or not. At least for some people.
Oh for some people, I agree.  I just don't think they are very happy or successful. 

Its more about defects. If a person has a large nose for example.  They will seek a partner with a small nose in order to manufacturer a regular nose in there offspring. This offers parents an alternative. If they both have big noses. They can buy a regular nose for their offspring.  Along with a 150 IQ, blue eyes, taller exc. Its a marketing thing and you know how girls love shopping.
I wish I didn't think you were serious.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »
So, the argument biro and opus are making, as I understand it: I like ladies with wavy hair = let's send our zygotes to the lab to be designed.

I like ladies, therefore I am Josef Mengele, MD, PhD.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2018, 04:43:20 PM »
I give up.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2018, 05:52:11 PM »
Oh for some people, I agree.  I just don't think they are very happy or successful. 

I'll let you know when im serious.  Lol

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »

I'll let you know when im serious.  Lol

And still no one will believe it.
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2018, 02:29:00 AM »
But who knew that everyone who gets married is essentially interested in developing a master race and eliminating all competition?
This is getting ridiculous Mor. Even though Biro put eugenics in quotes: 'eugenics', which in my mind implies similarity rather than identity, I do not see the necessity, it is fine without the quotation marks.

You seem to be extrapolating in order to be hurtful. I do not know why, but I think you should stop. It should be clear to others what you are doing.
 I would love to have a discussion about why people become initially attracted to someone else, if that is what you are interested in.

I didn’t start the ridiculousness, I’m just shining a mirror on it.  You’re the sun.

Deflection is unbecoming Mor. If you want to have a straightforward conversation about this, I would like to know why you made this statement. If not, that is OK, the emptiness of your statement is quite evident.

In particular, what did I miss that was ridiculous?

I am not Aton, I am only human and all that is inherent in that basic fact.

If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2018, 03:01:30 AM »
Honestly, my interpretation was that physical features alone are sufficient grounds for a life of marriage and prolific procreation.  And not only that, but that physical attraction is always the first and strongest alluring force in a relationship.  I understand men are typically very visual, but good grief.  I'd like to give y'all a little more credit, generally speaking.  And for most women that premise is just all sorts of hell no.  If it's not, we've fallen far indeed.

Are you Holly or Audrey? I am just curious.  I have always been an admirer of the latter.
It's complicated.  And you forgot Jo.  :)
I did not get the meaning of Jo.

In regard to your comment. I think I need to clarify what I am talking about and from my point of view. I do not think what I am going to state is specific to males. From my point of view what can initiate attraction is not limited to physical attributes like her eyes or having long red hair, but also mannerisms, how she walks, how her voice sounds, her facial expressions when she is talking to someone, etc. The point is that any one of these things can initiate a chain of events that are ultimately dependent on more meaningful and important aspects of the woman in question. If one percent of these initial events leads to fruition, it is a genetically significant event because other women with the same or greater meaningful and important aspects may not be noticed prior to communication. I hope this is clear, but I will try again if it is not.
If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2018, 03:04:41 AM »
Your understanding is incorrect.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
Just because people are chemically attracted to each other doesn't mean they should breed.  So, not eugenics.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"