Author Topic: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • A well-sexed theologian
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
Re: One for the anti-vaxxer crowd
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »
Yeah, because let's not try to govern treatable diseases, and let's let everybody catch polio again, and let's let everybody's children die in iron lungs.

Abortion is not communicable.

Measles, mumps, and rubella, as well as many other diseases, are.

You can be mandated to buy car insurance.

We should mandate vaccinations.

The only doctor on this board, Mina, doesn't come around anymore, which is why you get away with your dangerous, smarmy garbage.

Kids are already dying from outbreaks of very old diseases.

They don't have to.

I find it funny how people like you dont see the irony in forcing people to be vaccinated. When you scream and yell that its a womens right to kill her baby, and we cant tell her what to do with HER body.

If people want to get vaccinated, thats their choice.

You are right abortions arent communicable, but it is murder. And if you cant see that a human being in a mothers stomach is a baby, you have no moral ground to stand on.

It’s easier to care about thousands of people than to care about one.

Thousands of unvaxxinated kids vs. one aborted fetus and/or zygote and/or blastocyst and/or baby; or thousands of aborted babies vs. one unvaxxinated child? It can be looked at either way.

Sure, it could, but that doesn’t mean it must.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »
And this thread has mostly turned into a conversation between two anti-science people.

:o

Who is anti-science here?  I’m not anti-science.  I’m anti-simplistic-platitudes-covering-the-nakedness-of-agendas.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Merarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2019, 06:47:57 PM »
Vaccination and abortion are completely different beasts, so keep the false equivalences out of the thread. Perhaps go read the OP, if you need a reminder.

Science and state initiative offer everyone the opportunity to protect themselves, their children, other people's children and vulnerable adults from contagious diseases that have already claimed millions of lives and ruined countless others. Refusing to do so for no other reason than 'no gummint gunna tell me what to do' is irresponsible, and potentially criminal.

My mother and her generation would be aghast at the idea of people refusing vaccinations, because they grew up at a time when those didn't exist and saw the fallout firsthand. People don't fear what they can't see. Thank goodness, though, once they see, they tend to do the right thing.

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaccinations-boom-by-500-percent-in-us-county-where-measles-is-out-of-control
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Midwest
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2019, 08:34:02 PM »
Vaccination and abortion are completely different beasts, so keep the false equivalences out of the thread. Perhaps go read the OP, if you need a reminder.

Science and state initiative offer everyone the opportunity to protect themselves, their children, other people's children and vulnerable adults from contagious diseases that have already claimed millions of lives and ruined countless others. Refusing to do so for no other reason than 'no gummint gunna tell me what to do' is irresponsible, and potentially criminal.

My mother and her generation would be aghast at the idea of people refusing vaccinations, because they grew up at a time when those didn't exist and saw the fallout firsthand. People don't fear what they can't see. Thank goodness, though, once they see, they tend to do the right thing.

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaccinations-boom-by-500-percent-in-us-county-where-measles-is-out-of-control

Me pointing out hypocrisy isnt a false equivalence. If your going to claim millions of people are dying from unvaccinated people, im going to ask you for evidence, and not some hypothetical scenario.

Bringingup your mother is meaningless, as i know whole families in a 3rd world countries who've had the measles and all are alive and well today.

Most of these "deadly diseases" are in fact not so deadly. They have a high survivability rate, and if you wanted to help them not get such 3rd world diseases we could help them with clean water, plumbing, sewage treatment, education of hygiene, instead of simply shooting them with a cocktail of harmful chemicals.

In America the government isnt allowed to circumvent peoples religious customs, and like it or not some people dont want vaccines. You want the government interfering with religion, which is not freedom, its state sponsored religious allowance. We have rights, and when i see people fighting to strip us of them, i start to wonder why?

Ive included a picture of a vaccine insert with side effects and other information.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2019, 08:36:25 PM »
You realize there are still preventable diseases that kill children?

But you don't want medicine, because doctors are bad and major drug companies are bad.

Glad you're not afraid to lose your children.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works

Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

If it's not love, then it's the bomb that will bring us together

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2019, 08:51:31 PM »
Get a grip.  Get two.

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
You realize there are still preventable diseases that kill children?

But you don't want medicine, because doctors are bad and major drug companies are bad.

Glad you're not afraid to lose your children.

Dont put words in my mouth.

How can your morally cry out for vaccines when you want babies to be murdered in their mothers womb, answer that hypocrite.

Knock off the personal attacks.~Arachne
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:31:02 AM by Arachne »

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
Get a grip.  Get two.

Grips here!,  who wants a grip!,  hot off the grill!,  2 grips for $5.  Best grips in the whole state

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2019, 12:57:25 AM »

Me pointing out hypocrisy isnt a false equivalence. If your going to claim millions of people are dying from unvaccinated people, im going to ask you for evidence, and not some hypothetical scenario.

Bringingup your mother is meaningless, as i know whole families in a 3rd world countries who've had the measles and all are alive and well today.

Most of these "deadly diseases" are in fact not so deadly. They have a high survivability rate, and if you wanted to help them not get such 3rd world diseases we could help them with clean water, plumbing, sewage treatment, education of hygiene, instead of simply shooting them with a cocktail of harmful chemicals.

In America the government isnt allowed to circumvent peoples religious customs, and like it or not some people dont want vaccines. You want the government interfering with religion, which is not freedom, its state sponsored religious allowance. We have rights, and when i see people fighting to strip us of them, i start to wonder why?

Ive included a picture of a vaccine insert with side effects and other information.

Even in America there are generally recognized limits on religious exemptions. The Mormons were forced to give up polygamy. If Aztec paganism still existed in its medieval form, they wouldn't be allowed to do human sacrifices.

It's true that medical treatments usually get the religious exemption, but let polio start coming back and that might just change.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2019, 04:26:05 AM »

I'm not claiming 'millions of people are dying from unvaccinated people'. I'm stating the facts that vaccination has greatly reduced the death toll from a lot of transmissible diseases, and that unvaccinated people are still at risk of dying from them.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/articles

The 'Vaccine-Preventable Diseases' section has numbers and all.

That is equally meaningless.

There are numbers for that, and it's not up to you to decide if something is 'not so deadly' that people don't need to be protected from. Advances in hygiene certainly help, but not nearly enough (and it seems it's not just third-world people who need coaching on that).

As for the harmful chemicals, I don't see you making a ruckus over how many of those are in the food you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe, without even the benefit of stopping you getting sick.

You're the only one who has mentioned mandatory vaccinations here, and I don't even wonder why.

Still haven't learned to embed images in the body of the post instead of clogging up the attachment folder.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 04:26:41 AM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »

I'm not claiming 'millions of people are dying from unvaccinated people'. I'm stating the facts that vaccination has greatly reduced the death toll from a lot of transmissible diseases, and that unvaccinated people are still at risk of dying from them.

There are numbers for that, and it's not up to you to decide if something is 'not so deadly' that people don't need to be protected from. Advances in hygiene certainly help, but not nearly enough (and it seems it's not just third-world people who need coaching on that).

As for the harmful chemicals, I don't see you making a ruckus over how many of those are in the food you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe, without even the benefit of stopping you getting sick.

You're the only one who has mentioned mandatory vaccinations here, and I don't even wonder why.

Still haven't learned to embed images in the body of the post instead of clogging up the attachment folder.

I see above you've become triggered and told me to knock off personal attacks when clearly all i called them was a hypocrite (he is btw) but saying anything about my children is ok to do (guess thats not personal huh?)

Yes disease kills people, we all know it happens. If you cant tie unvaccinated people to them directly its meanigless to bring it up, as if vaccines prevent all diseases (which we all know it doesnt)

Offline Rohzek

• OC.net guru
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2019, 10:33:33 AM »
Man, all this thread needs now is for Charles Martel to come back.
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »

I see above you've become triggered and told me to knock off personal attacks when clearly all i called them was a hypocrite (he is btw) but saying anything about my children is ok to do (guess thats not personal huh?)

Calling someone a hypocrite is a personal attack not allowed on this side of the forum, and arguing with moderation is also against the rules. You've done this before, you should know. Another 10% warning.

Stating that your children, like all unvaccinated children, are in danger from transmissible diseases, on the other hand, is not an attack. You're just triggered.

Yes disease kills people, we all know it happens. If you cant tie unvaccinated people to them directly its meanigless to bring it up, as if vaccines prevent all diseases (which we all know it doesnt)

'Unvaccinated people' are not a disease, so no one dies from them. ::) Unvaccinated people, however, become vectors of disease, breaking the herd immunity that protects everyone. Willfully unvaccinated people are directly responsible for exposing people who cannot be vaccinated to potentially fatal infections. Scientists determined that directly decades ago. No, we can't prevent all diseases, but that doesn't mean it's not worth preventing those we can.

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »

Calling someone a hypocrite is a personal attack not allowed on this side of the forum, and arguing with moderation is also against the rules. You've done this before, you should know. Another 10% warning.

Stating that your children, like all unvaccinated children, are in danger from transmissible diseases, on the other hand, is not an attack. You're just triggered.

'Unvaccinated people' are not a disease, so no one dies from them. ::) Unvaccinated people, however, become vectors of disease, breaking the herd immunity that protects everyone. Willfully unvaccinated people are directly responsible for exposing people who cannot be vaccinated to potentially fatal infections. Scientists determined that directly decades ago. No, we can't prevent all diseases, but that doesn't mean it's not worth preventing those we can.

Children who arent vaccinated are ok to discuss? So the opposite is ok as well? I can talk about a members children getting paralysis, blindness, or say "glad you're taking a chance at hurting your children"?
I dont talk about people children, because its uncalled for, but if you are saying its ok, thats sad and will only lead to more people doing it.

Unvaccinated people' are not a disease, so no one dies from them. ::) Unvaccinated people, however, become vectors of disease, breaking the herd immunity that protects everyone. Willfully unvaccinated people are directly responsible for exposing people who cannot be vaccinated to potentially fatal infections. Scientists determined that directly decades ago. No, we can't prevent all diseases, but that doesn't mean it's not worth preventing those we can.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2017/05/herd-immunity-theory-has-been-repeatedly-disproven/

You are simply "appealing to authority" on your claim that "scientists" claim something, so it must be true.
Herd immunity has been debunked already.

Yes we all dont want disease, but i dont want the government having the ability to decide what goes in my body, or my children.  As many above have stated, pro vaxxers want mandatory vaccines, i do not.
I can link all day about sanitation, clean water, bringing down disease numbers, just as you can link vaccine pusher claims.

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »

Children who arent vaccinated are ok to discuss? So the opposite is ok as well? I can talk about a members children getting paralysis, blindness, or say "glad you're taking a chance at hurting your children"?
I dont talk about people children, because its uncalled for, but if you are saying its ok, thats sad and will only lead to more people doing it.

Discussing or not discussing children is up to you. As long as you comply with board rules. HERE, if you need a refresher.

Unvaccinated people' are not a disease, so no one dies from them. ::) Unvaccinated people, however, become vectors of disease, breaking the herd immunity that protects everyone. Willfully unvaccinated people are directly responsible for exposing people who cannot be vaccinated to potentially fatal infections. Scientists determined that directly decades ago. No, we can't prevent all diseases, but that doesn't mean it's not worth preventing those we can.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2017/05/herd-immunity-theory-has-been-repeatedly-disproven/

You are simply "appealing to authority" on your claim that "scientists" claim something, so it must be true.

You're appealing to authority as well, only your 'authorities' tend to be conspiracy theorists hawking their own writings. I'll take the awesome resource the College of Physicians of Philadelphia put together (linked above), or the CDC, or the NHS (which provides all the necessary immunisations for free) any day, and twice on Sunday.

I can link all day about sanitation, clean water, bringing down disease numbers, just as you can link vaccine pusher claims.

Cool story, mate. Direct those links to the Hegseth prat.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2019, 01:39:10 PM »
Pseudoscience is not science. Just because a link or video uses big words and has diagrams in it, doesn't make it real.

Read an actual biology book or scholarly magazine. Popular Science doesn't count.

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2019, 10:42:11 PM »

Discussing or not discussing children is up to you. As long as you comply with board rules. HERE, if you need a refresher.

You're appealing to authority as well, only your 'authorities' tend to be conspiracy theorists hawking their own writings. I'll take the awesome resource the College of Physicians of Philadelphia put together (linked above), or the CDC, or the NHS (which provides all the necessary immunisations for free) any day, and twice on Sunday.

only the ignorant vaccinate their kids...watch this vid and tell me there's no link to autism with a straight face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLD841087C099E5B90&time_continue=8&v=GPHZFQFpZrY

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »

only the ignorant vaccinate their kids...watch this vid and tell me there's no link to autism with a straight face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLD841087C099E5B90&time_continue=8&v=GPHZFQFpZrY

Can you do me a favor? Would you mind simplifying things and just listing off all the nuttery that you don't subscribe to?
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2019, 10:50:41 PM »
Funny coincidence, I actually got my annual dose of anti-flu blood of the innocent today lol. Feelin good.

Nigel, I can't speak for biro, but I didn't bring up your kids to insult you. I brought them up because I'm honestly worried about them. I worry about all the kids of anti-vaxxers.

Sorry for bringing up mandatory vaxx if you didn't want it in this thread, Arachne.

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:30 PM »

Can you do me a favor? Would you mind simplifying things and just listing off all the nuttery that you don't subscribe to?
ahh I love receiving insults from the sheeple, did you even see the video testimony ?  can you tell me if the parents are being truthful, is there a link between autism and vaccines...a simple yes or no...then I promise I'll give you my list of truths that the majority sheeple like yourself are ignorant of

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2019, 11:09:33 PM »
Not an insult. Just calling insane and harmful beliefs what they are. Doesn't mean I'm calling you insane.

1. Andrew Wakefield is a proven fraud. I don't trust these people not to be manipulated somehow or else lying. Given how they act like their kids are now dead just because they're autistic, at the very least I have a hard time finding them objective (which obviously they couldn't be given what they're going through, if they are).
2. An "educational audiologist" is not a specialist in anything to do with vaccines.
3. Correlation is not causation. Even if the kids had an adverse reaction to the shot, they would have manifested autistic eventually anyway because it is genetic. She either misunderstood what that geneticist told her or she's been lied to.
4. Anecdotes are not data. Plenty of vaccinated kids didn't turn out autistic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:11:01 PM by Volnutt »

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »
Not an insult. Just calling insane and harmful beliefs what they are. Doesn't mean I'm calling you insane.

1. Andrew Wakefield is a proven fraud. I don't trust these people not to be manipulated somehow or else lying. Given how they act like their kids are now dead just because they're autistic, at the very least I have a hard time finding them objective (which obviously they couldn't be given what they're going through, if they are).
2. An "educational audiologist" is not a specialist in anything to do with vaccines.
3. Correlation is not causation. Even if the kids had an adverse reaction to the shot, they would have manifested autistic eventually anyway because it is genetic. She either misunderstood what that geneticist told her or she's been lied to.
1. false
2.why are you bringing that up?
3.genetic? so it's because of the kids faulty genes that are the problem, nothingto do with the vaccines..is this what you are saying?
4. obviously there are plenty of kids vaccinated that are not autistic, watch the film vaxxed wher eyou can learn something..like the following

A 2017 study, which examined health outcomes among 3- to 5-month-old infants following the introduction of DTP and oral polio vaccine in Guinea-Bissau, found that DTP vaccination was associated with fivefold higher mortality from all causes than being unvaccinated

William Thompson, Ph.D., a (now former) senior scientist at the CDC’s National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, confessed that he conspired to cover up links found between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism

The original MMR vaccine was found to cause meningitis, and the younger the patient at time of vaccination, the higher the risk of developing meningitis. CDC-funded research suggested there’s a heightened risk for autism in some children when the first MMR dose is given at an earlier age

CDC whistleblower Thompson stated that a 2004 CDC study was manipulated to erase a link between MMR vaccine and autism in African-American boys who received their first MMR vaccine before the age of 36 months, which resulted in a 3.36 times greater risk of developing autism compared to those who received the vaccine after the age of 36 months

my list of truths that the sheeple like you are ignorant of

1. man made global warming is a scam
2. vaccines aren't beneficial but  harmful
3. 9/11 was an inside job
4. the modern "Catholic " Church of today was infiltrated by freemasons decades before vatican 2
5. O.J didn't do it

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: TUOCOUIA
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2019, 11:26:01 PM »
Were the Freemason infiltrators homosexual?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Rohzek

• OC.net guru
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2019, 11:26:49 PM »

1. false
3.genetic? so it's because of the kids faulty genes that are the problem, nothingto do with the vaccines..is this what you are saying?
4. obviously there are plenty of kids vaccinated that are not autistic, watch the film vaxxed wher eyou can learn something..like the following

A 2017 study, which examined health outcomes among 3- to 5-month-old infants following the introduction of DTP and oral polio vaccine in Guinea-Bissau, found that DTP vaccination was associated with fivefold higher mortality from all causes than being unvaccinated

William Thompson, Ph.D., a (now former) senior scientist at the CDC’s National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, confessed that he conspired to cover up links found between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism

The original MMR vaccine was found to cause meningitis, and the younger the patient at time of vaccination, the higher the risk of developing meningitis. CDC-funded research suggested there’s a heightened risk for autism in some children when the first MMR dose is given at an earlier age

CDC whistleblower Thompson stated that a 2004 CDC study was manipulated to erase a link between MMR vaccine and autism in African-American boys who received their first MMR vaccine before the age of 36 months, which resulted in a 3.36 times greater risk of developing autism compared to those who received the vaccine after the age of 36 months

4. the modern "Catholic " Church of today was infiltrated by freemasons decades before vatican 2
5. O.J didn't do it

This post gave me autism.
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2019, 12:09:23 AM »

1. false

From le wiki:

On 28 January 2010, a five-member statutory tribunal of the GMC found three dozen charges proved, including four counts of dishonesty and 12 counts involving the abuse of developmentally delayed children.[14] The panel ruled that Wakefield had "failed in his duties as a responsible consultant", acted both against the interests of his patients, and "dishonestly and irresponsibly" in his published research.[15][16][17] The Lancet fully retracted the 1998 publication on the basis of the GMC's findings, noting that elements of the manuscript had been falsified.[18] The Lancet's editor-in-chief Richard Horton said the paper was "utterly false" and that the journal had been "deceived".[19] Three months following The Lancet's retraction, Wakefield was struck off the UK medical register, with a statement identifying deliberate falsification in the research published in The Lancet,[20] and was thereby barred from practising medicine in the UK.[21]

Just in case you were going to claim she's some kind of medical authority. She's a laywoman in this context.

I don't necessarily consider autism a fault. Autistic kids are great, just different from neurotypical kids, and I'm kind of sad that those parents don't seem to agree (for one thing, if they aren't faking then they're obviously overwhelmed, if only this country had a sane healthcare system that could help them...). But, yes, autism is genetic.

Then why are you acting like vaccines cause autism? Were the majority of kids just shielded by gaylluminati magic?

If you say so, Jan. Did you also get this from Wakefield's people?

5. O.J didn't do it

I thought you said you were a Holocaust denier too, lol. Either way, good to know.

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2019, 04:27:12 AM »

5. O.J didn't do it

We have a thread for those: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,74952.0.html

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2019, 05:16:30 AM »
Why do I feel the left,  and right both has interjected the cultures war on topics like this into American Orthodoxy.  Lord have mercy.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »
And this thread has mostly turned into a conversation between two anti-science people.

:o

Indeed, I despair of it.
“Moreover, Carthage must be destroyed.”
-Cato the Elder

“Sometimes reality is too complex for oral communication. But legend embodies it in a form which enables it to spread all over the world.”
- The computer Alpha 60, from the film Alphaville.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »
Why do I feel the left,  and right both has interjected the cultures war on topics like this into American Orthodoxy.  Lord have mercy.

Indeed, not vaccinating children or vaccinating them or the relative safety of vaccinations is not per se a topic of Orthodox doctrine, except to the extent that Orthodoxy does seek to worship our Lord in spirit and in truth, and vaccinations that are safe for children should therefore be promoted.

I am aware of two vaccines that are potentially dangerous vis a vis giving you the disease they are supposed to inoculate against, yellow fever vaccine and smallpox vaccine.  Smallpox is dead, as far as we know, except for two cultures held in the CDC and the Russian Biopreparat and subject to joint monitoring under the biological weapons ban.  From these cultures vaccines can be produced, and in the wake of 9/11, there were credible fears of a smallpox attack, thus prompting many healthcare workers to be innoculated.  But this vaccine is not needed by children and given the pure horror of small pox, should not be administered to them unless, God forbid, there is another outbreak of small pox (there is a rumor that smallpox originated from bestiality, which is why the fact that some European countries like Finland and some US states, and Canada IIRC, have not criminalized it, horrifies me).

Now, the other vaccine I am personally aware of, aside from Rabies vaccination, which for humans is an extremely painful and probably dangerous set of 30 injections into the abdomen made post exposure, also to be made if you ever wake up with a bat in your bedroom, is the Yellow Fever innoculation, as this carries a slight risk of yellow fever injection.  This should be administered only to children travelling into areas like West Africa where yellow fever is pandemic.  And frankly I wouldn’t take a kid to West Africa.  Since there is no vaccine against bilharzia, river blindness, or falaria, and the prophylaxis against malaria only works for, at most, two months, levoquin, and this particular Quinine derivative is notorious for causing bizarre dreams and light psychosis.  Indeed among the community of people who work in West Africa everyone has heard of cases where someone after returning to Europe or the US unexpectedly killed themselves.

So that anti-malarial prophylactic, required because malaria in West Africa has developed an immunity to Quinine, hence dangerous synthetic quinine derivatives, is another drug I would not want to give to children.  And the safest way to take care of children regarding West Africa is not to take children to West Africa; in this manner you spare them a trip into a land blighted by some of the worst diseases known to man, a land where the tap water is contaminated utterly and where ordering ice in your soft drink can give you Montezuma’s revenge, and a land in which walking on a river bed or being in a river at sunset will expose you to bilharzia and river blindness respectively (in Ghana, oceanfront and riverfront property is dirt cheap, whereas houses in central Accra go for at least $400,000, probably a million and up in the Cantonments neighborhood).
“Moreover, Carthage must be destroyed.”
-Cato the Elder

“Sometimes reality is too complex for oral communication. But legend embodies it in a form which enables it to spread all over the world.”
- The computer Alpha 60, from the film Alphaville.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2019, 12:59:58 PM »
Get a grip.  Get two.
Made me chuckle since "grip" is how "flu" sounds in Portuguese. I think Rubricnigel is trying to get one.  :P
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »

Indeed, not vaccinating children or vaccinating them or the relative safety of vaccinations is not per se a topic of Orthodox doctrine, except to the extent that Orthodoxy does seek to worship our Lord in spirit and in truth, and vaccinations that are safe for children should therefore be promoted.

I am aware of two vaccines that are potentially dangerous vis a vis giving you the disease they are supposed to inoculate against, yellow fever vaccine and smallpox vaccine.  Smallpox is dead, as far as we know, except for two cultures held in the CDC and the Russian Biopreparat and subject to joint monitoring under the biological weapons ban.  From these cultures vaccines can be produced, and in the wake of 9/11, there were credible fears of a smallpox attack, thus prompting many healthcare workers to be innoculated.  But this vaccine is not needed by children and given the pure horror of small pox, should not be administered to them unless, God forbid, there is another outbreak of small pox (there is a rumor that smallpox originated from bestiality, which is why the fact that some European countries like Finland and some US states, and Canada IIRC, have not criminalized it, horrifies me).

Now, the other vaccine I am personally aware of, aside from Rabies vaccination, which for humans is an extremely painful and probably dangerous set of 30 injections into the abdomen made post exposure, also to be made if you ever wake up with a bat in your bedroom, is the Yellow Fever innoculation, as this carries a slight risk of yellow fever injection.  This should be administered only to children travelling into areas like West Africa where yellow fever is pandemic.  And frankly I wouldn’t take a kid to West Africa.  Since there is no vaccine against bilharzia, river blindness, or falaria, and the prophylaxis against malaria only works for, at most, two months, levoquin, and this particular Quinine derivative is notorious for causing bizarre dreams and light psychosis.  Indeed among the community of people who work in West Africa everyone has heard of cases where someone after returning to Europe or the US unexpectedly killed themselves.

So that anti-malarial prophylactic, required because malaria in West Africa has developed an immunity to Quinine, hence dangerous synthetic quinine derivatives, is another drug I would not want to give to children.  And the safest way to take care of children regarding West Africa is not to take children to West Africa; in this manner you spare them a trip into a land blighted by some of the worst diseases known to man, a land where the tap water is contaminated utterly and where ordering ice in your soft drink can give you Montezuma’s revenge, and a land in which walking on a river bed or being in a river at sunset will expose you to bilharzia and river blindness respectively (in Ghana, oceanfront and riverfront property is dirt cheap, whereas houses in central Accra go for at least $400,000, probably a million and up in the Cantonments neighborhood).
Rio was like that until the early 20th century, and there were bizarre widespread rumours about vaccination, so it only got worse, with citizens dying like dogs from every disease imaginable. It was horrible. If you ever have the chance of visiting the city and go through an old building, take a look at how huge windows and doors are. This was an attempt of preventing disease through "fresh air", which obviously didn't work. Good job for old school tropical anti-vaxxers.

Well, people didn't care that much about liberty back then, so the mayor just ordered the police to give the enraged population forced vaccines. There was a major revolt incited by anti-vaxxer intellectuals (I'm coincidentally sitting right where it started right now), leading the city to a small civil war. Some died in confrontation with the police, some were arrested, some were deported to the Amazon. In the end, it worked out pretty well. I bet the US could pull that off.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:13:17 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2019, 01:11:09 PM »
Get a grip.  Get two.
Made me chuckle since "grip" is how "flu" sounds in Portuguese. I think Rubricnigel is trying to get one.  :P

In English "the grippe" is a synonym for the flu, though it's considered archaic now.
Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline sedevacantist

• High Elder
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »
yes

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: TUOCOUIA
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
yes

At least they weren't lebians, just gay guys.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Alxandra

• OC.net guru
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
Yeah, because let's not try to govern treatable diseases, and let's let everybody catch polio again, and let's let everybody's children die in iron lungs.

Abortion is not communicable.

Measles, mumps, and rubella, as well as many other diseases, are.

You can be mandated to buy car insurance.

We should mandate vaccinations.

The only doctor on this board, Mina, doesn't come around anymore, which is why you get away with your dangerous, smarmy garbage.

Kids are already dying from outbreaks of very old diseases.

They don't have to.

Definitely should not be mandated. I can't express enough that, although most vaccines are very valuable, the industry itself is very very far from perfect and there is business and intentions involved that do not have your best interest at heart. I wouldn't give so much power to any profit industry over personal decisions in the family, especially over your children. What if the Gardisil vaccine was forced? It was strongly marketed by its company but is now shown to not be as effective as thought and harmful to women's fertility.

Surely, just because one supports vaccines in general (which I do as well) doesn't mean you are unable to be critical of them at all? Why have people gone to extremes to pretend it is some perfect industry without any fault?
"And if the man is the head of the family then the woman is the heart, and this heart is made by God that He may find rest in it”
+Elder Arsenie Papacioc

Blog http://the-woman-is-the-heart.tumblr.com/

Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/thewomanistheheart/

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
You're willing to risk your kids.

Many of these diseases are highly contagious.

They cause infertility or death.

My Mom and Dad almost got to find out what BURYING AN EIGHT-YEAR-OLD IS LIKE.

Herd immunity takes a lot of injections to provide.

You should not be able to opt out of it.

You're going to get someone killed.

TALK TO ONE OF THE OLDER MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD, WHO SAW OTHER KIDS DIE FROM POLIO. KIDS IN IRON LUNGS.

Look up "iron lungs."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4I-8Xn2E7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4JWTEHlyR/

Not all parents take good care of their children. That is why they sometimes have to take people's kids away.

You are so embarrassed to have a child who develops autism, that you would let everybody else die.

You are a risk to the public, and they DON'T WANT TO TAKE THAT RISK.

Mumps is agonizing. It's probably what made me infertile.

The public has a right to protect itself against people like you.

You don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, if you don't want me to respond to you, don't quote my post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:34:10 PM by biro »

Offline Sethrak

• Archon
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »
Some vaccinations are linked to down syndrome and people are hesitant to immune there children because of it.

I think you mean Autism ```

Offline Briven

• Pray for me, please! Baseball loving Old Believer.
  • High Elder
  • Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй мѧ!
    • Pustozersk
  • Faith: Old Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Belokrinitskaya Hierarchy
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2019, 05:33:43 PM »
You're willing to risk your kids.

Many of these diseases are highly contagious.

They cause infertility or death.

My Mom and Dad almost got to find out what burying an eight-year-old is like.

Herd immunity takes a lot of injections to provide.

You should not be able to opt out of it.

You're going to get someone killed.

TALK TO ONE OF THE OLDER MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD, WHO SAW OTHER KIDS DIE FROM POLIO. KIDS IN IRON LUNGS.

Look up "iron lungs."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4I-8Xn2E7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt4JWTEHlyR/

Not all parents take good care of their children. That is why they sometimes have to take people's kids away.

You are so embarrassed to have a child who develops autism, that you would let everybody else die.

You are a risk to the public, and they DON'T WANT TO TAKE THAT RISK.

Mumps is agonizing. It's probably what made me infertile.

The public has a right to protect itself against people like you.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Bravo, biro.
“God,”
The words rumbled:
“There is much suffering,
But the church is alive. "

“How long, Archpriest, are we to suffer thus?” I answered: “Until our very death, Markovna!” And she replied, with a sigh: “So be it, Petrovich, let us plod on.” - Life of Avvakum by Himself

Nastasya, Nastasya, be
patient and do not cry:
Not every happiness
Comes in the clothing of fortune.

St. Avvakum, pray for us!

St. Ambrose, pray for us!

My blog: http://pustozersk.blogspot.com

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »
What if the Gardisil vaccine was forced? It was strongly marketed by its company but is now shown to not be as effective as thought and harmful to women's fertility.

Is it?

Vaccination shouldn't be mandatory (except in cases of outbreaks), but parents need to be properly informed by their healthcare providers (as opposed to unqualified randos). Being part of a society comes with responsibilities towards other members as well.

Offline Arachne

• Merarches
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
Some vaccinations are linked to down syndrome and people are hesitant to immune there children because of it.

Both utter hogwash.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2019, 05:40:42 PM »
If the Gardasil vaccine were mandated, many lives would be saved.

You're scared of the vaccine because you think it will make your daughter have sex.

You can't make anyone do anything, and it's usually MEN who transmit it to WOMEN.

Men are the dormant carriers, they catch it and transmit it. It's women who actually develop the disease.

HPV is CERVICAL CANCER.

But you don't care.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:42:18 PM by biro »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »

You don’t read anything you respond to, do you?

Offline Alxandra

• OC.net guru
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2019, 05:56:33 PM »
What if the Gardisil vaccine was forced? It was strongly marketed by its company but is now shown to not be as effective as thought and harmful to women's fertility.

Is it?

Vaccination shouldn't be mandatory (except in cases of outbreaks), but parents need to be properly informed by their healthcare providers (as opposed to unqualified randos). Being part of a society comes with responsibilities towards other members as well.

I agree :)
"And if the man is the head of the family then the woman is the heart, and this heart is made by God that He may find rest in it”
+Elder Arsenie Papacioc

Blog http://the-woman-is-the-heart.tumblr.com/

Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/thewomanistheheart/

Offline Rubricnigel

• High Elder
  • Vini vidi vici
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2019, 06:31:14 PM »

Is it?

I agree :)

I posted in a new theead about HPV being cured.
If you think the government wont simply declare an outbreak to push vaccines, your wrong.

Tuskegee syphilis experiment is proof enough the government isnt to be trusted.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,75621.msg1559406.html#msg1559406

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:32 PM »

Both utter hogwash.
I think acquired chromosomal trissomy is hogwasher though.