Delete
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:00:49 PM »
May be too personal here
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:05:54 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: Delete
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:27:42 PM »
Actually I am willing to keep it if you think it is not bad for others to hear it. I think I need help here if you will allow me to rather than getting opinion of random and few priests which maybe all I pick are untrustworthy. In multitude of counsellors there is safety

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM »
 Is intermarriage of other denominations safe ?

Do you think only those who convert first and really love our church should marry or they will be too demanding and not able to bear with differences and failed expectations ?

I believe maybe we must  insist on orthodoxy and it maybe best to marry only orthodox
We must not judge other denominations but it may not be for us to approve of them for marriage either if  we don’t know if it will destroy our witness to some as we seem less caring to those in each other’s tradition and we may struggle to deal with differences of tradition.

Do you think only those who convert first and really love our church should marry or they will be too demanding and not able to bear with differences and failed expectations ?

The problem is I have a date for coffee with a beautiful baptist girl soon.  The date was initially to discuss religious ideas since I watched the movie another perfect stranger which you can see in the link below. And I said to her I want to be convinced by her but she said she is religious too. I said I am interested to meet to chat as I believe maybe she knows how to practice religion less destructively

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0902253/

She is middle eastern. I was looking forward. She wants no kids but I was going to try to convince her. After she is going to the cinema with her girlfriends to watch a Christian movie called indivisible.
I don’t want to meet her friends to be honest I believe they will just mock me. Also I expect someone from church to be there somehow because I don’t know if everything is ever private or kept secret

I think marriage may not be for me as I neglect the poor and it may be because I disrespect single people and all the sinners who must repent (especially homosexuals who feel more heavily judged) though they can’t find another to marry or better not to. If I can’t look after my soul how can I look after others soul and my children. Though my dad says they are all responsible for themselves. I agree but that is only true if I am not a stumbling block and it is better if you can to also be a great leader to your children

In saying the below note I do not judge her I have no doubt she can be saved marrying another baptist

The bible says as it was in the days of Noah so it will be when the son of man comes back

They married they bought and sold until the flood took them all away

It is said in genesis in Noah time the sons of God saw the daughters of men they were beautiful and took wives of all whom they chose

My parents say they love me but maybe they can’t with the love of Christ if they don’t see or care to think on my ways if it is dangerous.In that case Jesus said a mans enemies are those of his house. If they seperate one from God’s will

Lot chose the wide place being friendly with society I guess like the wide gate and Abraham chose to dwell as a stranger

Lots wifes affections were still to sodom maybe she was from sodom

I am thinking of these verses. You can read the fathers interpretation in the file I shared

I thought adultery may be also marrying outside the grace of the church or not completely

What is your advice to people who already married outside the church if their partner is not seeking to join the life of the church. That is they did not convert already and love the church with devotion ?
If the church says you can marry if they chose the church themselves. How long must they have chosen the church ? I was going to say in following our church are they supposed to judge other denominations ? I thought if so I don’t know if you will find many honest doing so and if they do it seems odd to me but I guess you don’t have to judge other denominations but I worry the parents feel judged but they won’t be if you say you accept them

Are they on the verge of total ruin in the congregation ?
What would Christ say to such people if they are like the Samaritan woman ?
There is no power to witness to the whole family anymore like in that time

Virginity of faith (I am not saying leaving the orthodox strictness is wrong

and body is a great blessing to the spiritual life I don’t know if I can comfortably give it up

Paul said the act of marriage is not a sin but it may not be advantageous spiritually as he says such will have trouble in the flesh and if that trouble in the flesh can be a stumbling block spiritually it is also not good. Paul says I want you to be without care for the form of this world is passing
don’t be caught up in the world

But Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage having their heads seared with an iron and hypocrites. Maybe because they are married. It is not absolutely forbidden but it may not be advantageous for some to marry outside the only concern I see is the wife or husband leaving you because they don’t respect you like they respect other spiritual warriors in the faith or you are not respected among their friends. Or they try to make you less religious not respecting your overzealousness to some devotions
God said that He hates divorce because He seeks godly offspring. It may stumble some weak people but they still have to choose God as Lot and his wife and children did. You may find only yourself saved. Not beneficial it seems 

Proverbs 4:14-27
14 Do not enter the path of the wicked,
And do not walk in the way of evil.
15 Avoid it, do not travel on it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
16 For they do not sleep unless they have done evil;
And their sleep is taken away unless they make someone fall.
17 For they eat the bread of wickedness,
And drink the wine of violence.
18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.
19 The way of the wicked is like darkness;
They do not know what makes them stumble.
20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them,
And health to all their flesh.
23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
24 Put away from you a deceitful mouth,
And put perverse lips far from you.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
26 Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
Remove your foot from evil.

Proverbs 5:1-23
The Peril of Adultery
1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
Lend your ear to my understanding,
2 That you may preserve discretion,
And your lips may keep knowledge.
3 For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey,
And her mouth is smoother than oil;
4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death,
Her steps lay hold of hell.
6 Lest you ponder her path of life—
Her ways are unstable;
You do not know them.
7 Therefore hear me now, my children,
And do not depart from the words of my mouth.
8 Remove your way far from her,
And do not go near the door of her house,
9 Lest you give your honor to others,
And your years to the cruel one;
10 Lest aliens be filled with your wealth,
And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;
11 And you mourn at last,
When your flesh and your body are consumed,
12 And say:
“How I have hated instruction,
And my heart despised correction!
13 I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers,
Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!
14 I was on the verge of total ruin,
In the midst of the assembly and congregation.”
15 Drink water from your own cistern,
And running water from your own well.
16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,
Streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.
20 For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman,
And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?
21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord,
And He ponders all his paths.
22 His own iniquities entrap the wicked man,
And he is caught in the cords of his sin.
23 He shall die for lack of instruction,
And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

Someone posted this on LinkedIn

I feel my family encourages a life of materialism which it is important to be productive but first you must make sure your soul is prospering so that your riches won’t take you away from heaven

Sometimes it’s good for everyone including myself to get a reality check.
You are dust and to dust you shall return. One day very soon Your body which you take really good care after and all your material possessions will mean NOTHING to you.
You will be stripped of everything standing alone in front of The just Judge, your Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ making to Him an account of all your sins in your life time. What are you doing in your life today for you to merit heaven.
Most people take care of their body while neglecting their true self; their SPIRIT. Live in the Spirit, live with God; only then will you have true peace and joy.
You will die; maybe tonight; maybe tomorrow or maybe 20 years from today, but death is guaranteed.
The question you all need to ask yourselves today is;
Am I prepared to face the JUST justice of Jesus Christ shall tonight be my last night ?

I am still going to go through with the date as it is rude to cancel and see if my thinking is changed if I could believe I could raise children because I do not know if I have a spiritual life myself nor can look after my soul.I was worried if I don’t have children it is harder to offer anything to God and I am disrespected as a single person as weak. But  Jesus said woe to those with child at that time
 and I am finally understanding my friend on facebooks views whether right or not of thinking it is better not to have children. Also I have to be convinced I am not stumbling those who can not get married who could repent by not being alone in their struggles
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:35:12 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »
Forgot to share file. I meant this one it is commentary on proverbs 4 and proverbs 5

https://blog12781113175.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/the-straight-path-of-the-righteous.pdf

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
I saw this on Facebook and I was worried

Our soul is simple, as the image and likeness of God; therefore, when it is well-regulated and is living in accordance with the will of God, then it is peaceful, easy, and joyous; whilst, on the contrary, when it consents to sin, commits sin, or is forced into sin by the Enemy, then it becomes disturbed, darkened, and heavy. Thus, always do the will of God, and you will be simple and quiet; but if you sin you will have no peace.

+ St. John of Kronstadt

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
Please I beg you to delete it is too personal
Many people will stumble hearing me put a stranger on display

I will sort it myself and try to ask others privately
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:37:51 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 12:49:19 AM »
mikeforjesus, How was your date?  You didn't scare her away with religious talk?

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 02:16:08 AM »
I haven’t gone yet. I will soon. I said too many details I am ashamed. The date I believe involves to discuss religion if not all that is what the date involves
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:23:32 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:07:37 AM »
I am afraid it is going to turn out bad because of this post. I guess I was afraid I would be a bad husband and myself be lost. Perhaps I will be a good husband and I should marry her to prevent someone else marrying her. Because some people say God does not believe in dating or multiple relationships.

It is a sin to bury my talent from laziness. I can work. Even if she divorces me from laziness I may be saved if I am trying. My worry is that she follow sin and my son stumbles. But I want to give love just as God who gives love and why He created the world. God rejoices in hope they are godly and follow Him but He have people free choice. I wouldn’t normally care to marry if person is sinner or not but God may care because they might take advantage of kindness and do many sins and they may have dumped their previous partner and hide their past. I may incur the wrath of God. It seems it is not right for a person who had no relationship to do so. I am not sure however and willing to change my mind. I can see why people think a virgin should find many others who are virgin otherwise they feel bad for saving themselves. But I don’t think it is accurate. They can hope others are virgin but they have to serve the world for God’s sake however it turns out. They can pray and hope for a virgin but it may be God’s will or they may have to marry a non virgin
People are not to sin only for fear of God’s wrath and they may die without chance to marry or repent
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:13:19 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »
Church is important to me so I don’t see how it can not be religious. I need her to let me participate in it while I can. Or change my understanding. I initially said I wanted to meet to see if she can make me less religious. Now I see why dating is wrong.
Because being baptist I don’t know if she will let me go to church. I am willing to go to her church also. Perhaps there are good pastors also among the baptist. I am willing to concede maybe they are elders too. But if I am not comfortable she should let us go to my church or change my understanding .My dad told me before I only need to listen to Jesus. However God gave us the church to help us. As Paul said all are yours and  you are Christ’s and Christ is God’s

If I am making a mistake I don’t see why the church wouldn’t correct it. But I will give them more  time.

1 Peter 5:1-11
Shepherd the Flock
1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; 3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; 4 and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.
Submit to God, Resist the Devil
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for
“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:15:39 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 08:22:08 AM »
However I doubt the importance of church if there are no labourers and if all the priests agree with the pope if they must for him to teach what he teaches. I don’t know what the pope teaches now so I can’t judge. Then the church is all in error and proved it is not trustworthy. I don’t know if there was a few labourers if that would be sufficient if the church is not acting in power. Jesus said there will be no more prophets after Him in a certain sense

1 Samuel 3:1
(1) Now the boy Samuel ministered to the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation.

Precious (KJV) is used in the sense of "rare." Rare things are usually precious or valuable.
The sense of this is that the priesthood at that time spoke without inspiration; there was "no open vision." Their messages carried no moral authority because God was not with them. Obviously, Eli was not a very good priest, and his sons were even worse. They did not make the truth open or clear to the people; they were not hearing the inspired Word of God. The people were no longer positively affected by the ceremonies being performed by a decadent priesthood, so through Samuel, God raised up a new moral power to correct the situation.
There does not seem to be a systemized process of succession from one prophet to another. Each prophet received his office directly from God by appointment. This is another distinction between a true prophet of God and a priest, even if a priest speaks under the inspiration of God. A prophet was directly appointed by God, whereas a priest received his office simply because he was a descendant of Aaron.
The classic prophet was a man who preached the way of God to the Israelites yet tended to be outside the established system. This becomes clear from Samuel on.

— John W. Ritenbaugh
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:22:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 08:31:55 AM »
I am comfortable to go to both churches. And maybe one day I will be comfortable with just the bible and any other teacher where God is as helper. Because I think we may try to put too much emphasis in others saving us then a personal relationship with God. It is okay to do so but it may not be necessary
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:33:07 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:49 AM »
To marry her I believe I may have to not insist on the Eucharist which though some believe in and take seriously should stay orthodox. I may be willing to believe in the future we all commune with God when we practice the commandments of God and have saving relationship and knowledge with Christ. I said in the future but now I need her to be willing to let me keep my beliefs and go to church

I made this post in August

https://christianpost.createaforum.com/general-discussion/jesus-is-bread-of-life-but-we-must-labor-for-that-bread/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:52:33 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
If I find the Eucharist is the stumbling block for any to come to Christ I don’t believe in it anymore as given solely to those in Orthodox and Catholic Churche but Christ gives it personally to all when they commune with Him. It is a cause for great division and stumbling block to world which if it is true I only believe it is necessary once they have been witnessed with power supposing everyone will before they die as it is orthodox job to convince
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:06:27 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »
I haven’t gone yet. I will soon. I said too many details I am ashamed.

It's not necessary to share every thought you have with the forum.

The date I believe involves to discuss religion if not all that is what the date involves

I wouldn't delve into deep religious topics on the first date.  Get to know each other.  Have fun.  Try for a second date.   :)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 03:37:31 AM »
I haven’t gone yet. I will soon. I said too many details I am ashamed.

It's not necessary to share every thought you have with the forum.

The date I believe involves to discuss religion if not all that is what the date involves

I wouldn't delve into deep religious topics on the first date.  Get to know each other.  Have fun.  Try for a second date.   :)

Thanks I know I shouldn’t have shared too much and I don’t want her to see this so I would like the first post edited out in the part where I mention she is middle eastern and she is going to watch indivisible and I don’t want to see her friends

I ended up not talking about religion at all. The date went good. I liked her but I felt unworthy of her and I won’t be the best person she could end up with from the Christian dating site. She was nice to me but I felt maybe she might desire more from me only because she deserves it so I told her I understand if you don’t want to be with me. Don’t feel obliged. I don’t want to put you on a leash. So I think she thought I made my decision and the time was over for the date. I said where did I go wrong. She said you shouldn’t say you are lazy. Anyway her dad is Armenian orthodox. I think her mum is baptist. I kind of thought maybe I should let it go if I can't give my best to her because I am worried maybe I would like to be more free to be able to go to our church more since it seems unfair to her if I still feel like I may need the church. I pressed her maybe to say atleast maybe we can be friends. I don't know if a second date is possible. I am happy because I am more free but I think I would prefer to be with her if I can be a good husband because though I am worried I may not be able to go to church more I still think overall I don't have to be too religious.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:48:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:39:04 PM »
Thanks I know I shouldn’t have shared too much and I don’t want her to see this so I would like the first post edited out in the part where I mention she is middle eastern and she is going to watch indivisible and I don’t want to see her friends

I ended up not talking about religion at all. The date went good. I liked her but I felt unworthy of her and I won’t be the best person she could end up with from the Christian dating site. She was nice to me but I felt maybe she might desire more from me only because she deserves it so I told her I understand if you don’t want to be with me. Don’t feel obliged. I don’t want to put you on a leash. So I think she thought I made my decision and the time was over for the date. I said where did I go wrong. She said you shouldn’t say you are lazy. Anyway her dad is Armenian orthodox. I think her mum is baptist. I kind of thought maybe I should let it go if I can't give my best to her because I am worried maybe I would like to be more free to be able to go to our church more since it seems unfair to her if I still feel like I may need the church. I pressed her maybe to say atleast maybe we can be friends. I don't know if a second date is possible. I am happy because I am more free but I think I would prefer to be with her if I can be a good husband because though I am worried I may not be able to go to church more I still think overall I don't have to be too religious.

Where did you 2 meet for the date?  I'm sorry the date ended early.   :(

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 12:27:10 AM »
We met for coffee in shopping centre. I sent message yesterday to ask for another chance
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:32:40 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:54:06 AM »
I would like this thread deleted. I can now deal with this on my own and it may stumble many people to see it. Also it may be why she is not replying to my message. Nothing wrong to share concerns and others can do so but don’t share specific details. If you can’t delete it make it inaccessible or edit it out to a random topic please.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:59:14 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Αριστοτελης

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #19 on: Today at 09:20:06 AM »
If I find the Eucharist is the stumbling block for any to come to Christ I don’t believe in it anymore as given solely to those in Orthodox and Catholic Churche but Christ gives it personally to all when they commune with Him. It is a cause for great division and stumbling block to world which if it is true I only believe it is necessary once they have been witnessed with power supposing everyone will before they die as it is orthodox job to convince

If it is a stumbling to those who reject it, blame is not put on the Eucharist, neither on Christ Who said: “Blessed are they who are not scandalised because of Me.”  You know how even many of His disciples left because of His speech on the Eucharist. Was the Eucharist at fault, or those “who have not believed our report” as Isaiah says
Arguing for the primacy of the Pope while he is in heresy is like saying to someone who wants to retain their health, "Go to the hospital even though the hospital no longer functions".

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #20 on: Today at 09:49:42 AM »
That is your view. I differ. I can not judge you as I said God alone can judge a person knowing if because of deficiency or other reason he is excused. But some perhaps many could know better therefore they may not be excused

To insist on the need to have the Eucharist in our church and preach that instead of the gospel first is wrong. Let them seek it after if they want.
It is only God who can judge if it is necessary at all now or how many.  We do truly take His body and blood in the church but God can choose to give to any now if He wills. Maybe it was wrong if I denied the Eucharist but I only meant to deny to know if it is definitely only in our church. My dad does not deny the Eucharist but believes it is truly His body and blood and he also takes it and always wishes to. Jesus had the right to teach the Eucharist because He did many signs. The church is not one now. He wills all believers to be one one day but it is up to Him when.

And I will add it was Melchizedek who offered the communion to Abraham so no one can prevent a man from taking it. There will always be a priest willing to give the communion to those who believe sincerely and if not God may still accept the person
« Last Edit: Today at 10:02:27 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:10:25 AM »
I know from your personal messages that it disturbs you those who deny the Eucharist. I am not trying to persuade you it is not important but if you don’t believe me you I am not forcing you to follow me or judging you only God can judge according to the grace given to each. You can continue in the church because you think it right. If one has doubts he shouldn’t have to pretend
he doesn’t have doubts but admit at the moment he does not know and always seek the truth. Try to believe the church but you are free to admit you don’t know. The communion may remove your doubts they say.

« Last Edit: Today at 10:18:51 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:14:41 AM »
People will guide you according to how they see it. I do not judge them they may not have rejected to desire to know the truth. Only God can judge them. They may have been deficient and not able to see better or God did not require it then as there was not great need for change then. Even if they don’t have to it may have been better if they did. But only God knows if he required it from them.

This comes from experiences in life book by pope shenouda   

Even at the Hour of Death!!

... [45] There was a very devout woman who was ill with cancer. She turned to God with prayers, and Communion and fasts were held for her. The cancer entered a very critical stage and when her final hour approached she called for me. At that time I was a bishop, and was able to visit people more than I can now, so I went to her and stood beside her bed listening to her complaints.

She told me, “I am very sad because many doubts are going round in my thoughts about whether prayer, fasting and Communion are of any value, and where is God’s mercy and response?! So often I have prayed for these thoughts to leave me but they persist and I get anxious and say, ‘Shall I lose my life now, and lose my chance of eternal life too, because of these doubts?... So I said to her, “Do not be anxious, for they are not your thoughts. They are just doubts which the Devil casts into your mind. Your prayers prove that you do not accept them and that these thoughts are not from you. God will not allow a good woman like you to suffer here and in eternity as well. You are like Lazarus who received his full share of misfortunes on earth, but was deemed worthy to go to the arms of Abraham on his way to a happy eternity with God... If God wants to take you to Him, this is not against His mercy nor against prayer, for eternity is a delight which the Saints eagerly desire.” Then I read an absolution for her and she relaxed and departed, to the amazement of the devils who fight the Saints even at the hour of death!!
« Last Edit: Today at 10:20:56 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:23:32 AM »
Please split this discussion to another thread because I want this thread still deleted

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #24 on: Today at 10:27:46 AM »
communion may make you not doubt the church but for me I wish to take it to see clearly what the church actually taught as I also believe it is the body and blood and it may help me too. I may also be convinced of the church. However maybe communion can help but not fully persuade
« Last Edit: Today at 10:30:32 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Αριστοτελης

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:32:12 AM »
Just want to clarify that my comment was not some hidden attempt to express any doubt or anything I have (?). I was just giving you a simple answer to your many seeming back and forth doubts and questions. So I thought to give a simple solution since it is in line with the teaching of scripture. I thought it would maybe be solution but doesn’t look like it was for you. God bless
Arguing for the primacy of the Pope while he is in heresy is like saying to someone who wants to retain their health, "Go to the hospital even though the hospital no longer functions".