Author Topic: Translation abstract of my paper into Russian - help  (Read 555 times)

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Translation abstract of my paper into Russian - help
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:09 AM »
I need these things to be translated into Russian; unfortunately, as fast as it's possible. Can anybody help with this?

Orthodox Palestinians – between Muslims, Jews and Greeks
Palestinians are not a homogeneous group. One of the minority groups are Christians, the majority of whom is Orthodox. Although relatively few have stayed in their homeland, they still play an important role. The Orthodox Palestinians have a strong feeling of identity, both ethnically, as Arabs, and religiously as Orthodox Christians. They have to face problems in a few domains. First, they are exposed to the same forms of discrimination from the Israeli regime as the rest of Palestinians - they are deprived of the opportunity to create and be part of their own, fully independent state. Second, they are a minority living among the Sunni majority nation. Thirdly, despite being a majority in their Church – Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem – they are under Greek domination in various areas. All these factors render the situation of Orthodox Palestinians very complex. The aim of this article is to show this situation and its potential influence on the Palestinian question and the Orthodox Church issues.

Key words: Palestine, Israel, Orthodox Church. minorities, Jerusalem, conflict
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
Re: Translation abstract of my paper into Russian - help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:05:36 AM »
OK, I've got help from one of my parishioners.
Maybe that's a sign that I should start study Russian ;)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • OC.net guru
  • 1539: Seal of Ivan IV
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:53:17 PM »
OK, I've got help from one of my parishioners.
Maybe that's a sign that I should start study Russian ;)

Indeed .
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."-Philotheus of Pskov

Christ is risen from the dead,
Trampling down death by death,
And upon those in the tombs
Bestowing life!- Paschal troparion

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Lutheran
  • Jurisdiction: Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
Takes a few months to get started in learning language
For questions about the history of the Lutheran faith see the Book of Concord available from Pastor's office.

Formula of Concord 1577

A restatement of some teachings in the Augsburg Confession over which Lutherans had become divided. The Solid Declaration is the unabridged version. The Epitome is an abridged version intended for congregations to study. Over 8,100 pastors and theologians signed it, as well as over 50 government leaders.

WELS/ELCA/LCMS Church Pastor's Word

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 05:55:14 PM »
Takes a few months to get started in learning language

Or even years. Or the whole life.