Author Topic: Orthodox Miracles in our everdaylife  (Read 449 times)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • High Elder
  • Господи Иисусе Христе, Сыне Божий, помилуй мя
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
Orthodox Miracles in our everdaylife
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
could you please post any miracles or similar that you have experienced  here

i shall start:

1) once i was praying to the Most Holy Theotokos and i for a second a smelt a sweet smell similar to incense (might of been my imagination)

2) there is this video from MOUNT ATHOS of angels chanting (basically a monk heard it coming form the church and filmed it ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mfSMb9dJ4&list=PLQ4yf8IfnfsGLpddQ-b8s9ln_Z8-hojo6&index=28&t=0s
When i first heard it it sounded horrible and screeching apparently it sounds like that to those who are sinful or far from God since i started praying more and observing the fasts it sounds beautiful to me!

3) it was praying the Supplicatory canon to our Lord Jesus Christ and when i looked at my ikon of Jesus Christ his usually calm face looked really happy (it might of just been a trick of the mind)

"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."—Philotheus of Pskov

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Toumarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Orthodox Miracles in our everdaylife
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »
Pretty sure the second one is just an audio distortion of a recording.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »
I cannot, of course, verify that this qualifies as a miracle, but after a car accident I had back in 2005, I could have sworn I saw St. Michael standing over the wreckage.

Could have been just a hallucination. For which God forgive me. But I thought I saw him, for a few seconds.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:55:17 PM »
I've been buying lottery tickets in the hope of the saints intervening. At this point all im hoping for is that there will be a resurrection. Lottery won.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
Let's see ~ this may not qualify as a miracle ~ Some years ago myself and a girl friend ~ in a Volkswagon van on the road going up the east side of Lake Tahoe ~ it was snowing ~ big flakes ~ no one else on the road ~ then it happened ~ the van slid to a stop across the road ~ like magic cars show up from both directions ~ I had snow tires but needed to put on chains ~ no one honked as I installed the chains ~ there were many cars now on each side of me ~ putting on the last chain ~ the girl was out with me for support ~ I could not push the tab down to lock the chain in ~ my hand were frozen ~ over my shoulder came a helping hand ~ with one finger ~ he ~ who ever he was ~ pushed the tab down ~ saying " you should have had these on long ago ~ kneeling in the snow I turned to thank him ~ there was no one there ~ maybe he hurried back to his car or truck ~ but I don't remember seeing foot prints ~ we got in and as we were driving ~ I mentioned to Kathleen Columbia Benedict Rogan ~ she was from Ulster ~ how strange it was ~ did you see him ~ she hadn't ~ she said: " I think it was an Angle "  I think it may have been ```

Offline JTLoganville

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GO Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
1) once i was praying to the Most Holy Theotokos and i for a second a smelt a sweet smell similar to incense (might of been my imagination)

Last October I was praying at the grave of Metropolitan PHILIP (Saliba) and experienced an enduring odor of spikenard (sweeter than incense).   As this was the day before the burial of Bishop ANTOUIN I prayed that others might receive the same blessing.   The next day--the day of his Grace's burial--the smell returned during the burial.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 11:49:23 PM »
good

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 11:58:16 PM »
I ate Christ's Body and drank His Blood.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:46 AM »
Pretty sure the second one is just an audio distortion of a recording.

And I've read somewhere confirming that.

Such miracles happen, ineed, every day, but we don't notice them, I think. Some "strong" examples I remember:
1. When my mum was attacked in the street, the thief didn't manage to take out from her hands her bag (with a lot of money - as it was 2 or days before Christmas, id card, keys etc.). My mother in the momnet of attack "shoudted "God, help me" plus the fact that she caries in her bag a lot of icons (some of them were tocuhed to some holy relics)

2. When my motehr and i were run out of money and my father left us for 2 years and I wasn't able tog et into university, God helped us a lot of time, e.g my mother found some money i the street, pack of fresh salmon in trash bin n the place she wwas working additionaly, in the same place before Pascha she found agian in the bin chocolate bunny of Lindt (that's good and quite expensive chocolate) etc.

3. From the foot pilgrimage from Warsaw to the Holy Mount Grabarka of this year: on the second day we were scaerd of a storm that was approaching to us. But in the end.. We were following the road, adn the storm was on the left and on teh right, but not on the road. We were going like Isrealis passing through the Red Sea.

4. The Epistle of Transfiguration I was elected to chant at the main Liturgy with patriarch of Atniocha and Polish metropolitan was very prophetic to me and strehnging up.

5. I didn't went to funeral of one of the most imporatnt people to me because he died quite unexpectedly and an intevriew with the Antiochian patriarch had been planned. It was in another city than I live. Two days after the burial i visited the grave of my friend, as I don't smoke I had to ask the seller of cemetary candles for matches. On the pack of these matches there was presented the city i had to go to make the inteveiw with the patraiarch and a car was shown on it.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 09:31:52 AM »
Amazing stuff, Dominika. And everyone else too.

I probably have witnessed a lot of miracles that I am too dull to realize. The one that I do recall is that I had a very bad shoulder pain, lasting about a month, until after Nocturnes at church, the priest anointed my shoulder with oil and the pain was gone the next day.
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »
Thanks be to God.

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:38 PM »
Years ago I was preparing to move to the mountains ~ I'd purchased a papered Saanen Goat ~ I had a bales of hay to move ~ Father had gone to walk with the Lord not long ago ~ I said to papa: Chem kedar ouneik ( what do we have ) I went into the workshop ~ we had worked together in that shop for years ~ I knew every thing that was there every tool ~ every piece of scrap material ~ I stood in front of the work bench ~ and asked : Show me Father what can I use ~ I turned to my right as I was told ~ and there hanging just behind me over my right shoulder was an hand made hay hook ~ hanging on the shelf ~ I had put things on that shelf ~ taken things from that shelf for years ~ here it was ~ it had a welded T handle ~ and looked like it had been made not long ago ~ there was no rust ```

I've never told anyone of this ~ I'm sure Father sent it or brought it ~ for me

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:17 PM »
This passed spring. A tornado came within 80 yards of my house. Knocking down every tree in its path for miles. About 100 yards wide.  There was no damage to the house. Not even a scratch. I had a glass table on the back deck that flipped upside down with its leggs up and didnt break. I couldn't imagine how it didnt break.
The path of the tornado was heading right for the house until it veered away. I have an Icon of the virgin marry that was facing in the direction of the tornado.  Thank god we weren't home at the time.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 07:38:31 PM »
some more miracles I have remembered.

1) not much of a miracle one time on a feast day (i believe it was the nativity of the Theotokos) I was gifted tears of repentance I had lied on that day and when I remembered that sin and began repenting I began to cry that I had sinned on a feat day.

2) when I was praying for a second I saw a figure it looked like a small dog or cat but was pitch black (the experience was terrifying)
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."—Philotheus of Pskov

Online Briven

• Pray for me, please! Baseball loving Old Believer.
  • Elder
  • Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй мѧ!
  • Faith: Old Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Belokrinitskaya Hierarchy
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »
I was about to sin and opened up my browser. I had forgotten the last thing I searched was a Pantocrator icon. It filled the entire screen.

Also when I converted I cried and there was a double rainbow outside, the first one I'd ever seen in the sky. Ever.

Also, when I converted to Catholicism prior to finding Orthodoxy I prayed for a Saint to pray to and I looked up and saw a bear-patch in my room I had from before. I looked up "bear saint" and found Saint Corbinian (760 AD so is an Orthodox saint as well).

None of these are true miracles but I am blessed to have experienced these things.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:44:32 PM by Briven »
“God,”
The words rumbled:
“There is much suffering,
But the church is alive. "

“How long, Archpriest, are we to suffer thus?” I answered: “Until our very death, Markovna!” And she replied, with a sigh: “So be it, Petrovich, let us plod on.” - Life of Avvakum by Himself

Nastasya, Nastasya, be
patient and do not cry:
Not every happiness
Comes in the clothing of fortune.

St. Avvakum, pray for us!

St. Ambrose, pray for us!

I change my picture daily to reflect feast days. Ask me!

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• Goths and rivetheads are entering the Kingdom of God before me
  • OC.net guru
  • Screwing up the Church since 2017
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »
This one's a bit silly.
I had some equipment break down at work. Out of all the saints, I somehow was compelled to pray to St. John Koukouzelis the Psalti knowing that it made no sense whatsoever?
Well, it seems he fixed the equipment overnight, long enough for me to finish that part of the project, then it promptly broke down again at a more convenient time to go in for repairs that wouldn't delay any work.
LOL, thanks St. John. God is wondrous in His saints!
Too many theologists, not enough theologians.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »
Good to hear! :)

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• High Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 05:55:35 AM »
Once i saw money on the ground next to someone who was kneeling and facing the other way I knew that it was their money but rather then picking it up and giving it to them I took and was planning of buying a drink with it but luckily I lost the coin even if it is not really miracle I believe it was God who made me lose it.

Glory to God!

Online Alpha60

• Pray without ceasing!
  • Archon
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 07:13:49 AM »
I keep a file on “incidents of confirmation” and some of them are extremely compelling.  Some of them are similiar to those reported here.  However I am of the opinion that faith should not be based on signs and wonders; rather these evente seem to occur to some of the faithful in several cases through he operation of our guardian angel and in other cases the sacraments, and in yet other cases they are even more unusual.  If they happen they happen, but if one has not experienced any of these incidents and believes, they are blessed with a faith more profound in a sense.

I only resolved to create the list a few years ago, and it is incomplete; the incidents recorded in it are extremely personal and I almost feel I have no right to divulge them, because of the
Pre-communion prayer “neither will I betray thy secrets to your enemies” and the fact there enemies of Chrisf on the Net.

I once disclosed information on, if memory serves, the Eucharist, to someone who later posted a disquieting remark making me (fortunately incorrectly) fear he was Satanic, which if he had been could possibly have enabled him to steal a portion of the consecrated gifts at an OO church or something along those lines; the details of the incident are known only to Mor, as I discussed it wifh with, since I have forgotten the details and changed OCNet accounts due to an unpleasant occurrence elsewhere sometime back.  Since the aforesaid bit of saying too much, I now prefer to rest on the side of caution.  So I have no qualms saying I have a list of incidents, but the specific contents of it I am not comfortable disclosing generally: some of them I might never disclose.   Because, God forbid, someone else might lose faith because they didn’t experience something like I experienced as a consolation or confirmation of faith.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 07:24:49 AM by Alpha60 »
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.