Author Topic: Something for the children to watch ```I fired up the Incubator  (Read 90 times)

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
I fired up the bator haven't hatched out chicks for years ``` I've forgotten a lot ~ if not for the record sheets I'd be up a creek ```
Chicks pecking their way out of the egg is something every child loves to see ``` Inside the egg is a chicken even when its two cells ~ it's chicken ```

The Turner will hold 28 eggs ~ I've just placed 4 ~ to Zero in the bater ~ been a while ```

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
Re: Something for the children to watch ```I fired up the Incubator
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:31:29 PM »
These are record sheets ~ daily log of : time checked, temperature and humidity ``` One for the 4 lonely eggs in the bater for a test run and the other for a test run done a few years back ~ showing 11 out of 11 hatched ~ 100% is a good score ```

This batch is 4 day at the mountain spread and 3 days on the high desert ~ we'll see how it goes ```

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
Re: Something for the children to watch ```I fired up the Incubator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:35:20 PM »
I made this incubator some years back ~ the girls use to love watching the chicken from ~ Fetus to Chick ~ after a couple days the eggs can be candled and the chick can be seen ~ heart beating ~ very like Human ```