Author Topic: I'm leaving the board.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline LivenotoneviL

• Done
  • OC.net guru
  • Intercede for my wretched soul, Saint Alban.
  • Faith: Outside the Church
  • Jurisdiction: Lost for now.
I'm leaving the board.
« on: July 27, 2018, 01:48:51 AM »
As much as I appreciate the help and the resources here, I feel like the more I engage in theological discussion, being the Neophyte that I am, the more I realize how much I don't even understand, and I want to apologize for all the errors I've made and ignorance that I have portrayed. With my unholy and disgusting hands, I have tried to grasp something holy, and I may be condemned for it - how can I even tackle something like the theology of Orthodoxy, when I am but a schismatic with no theological training?

Moreover, this board is an idol in my life that I need to pluck out and replace it with a greater sense of reading the Bible, studying the Church Fathers, and praying. I thank everyone for putting up with me, despite how evil and selfish I can be, and I could seriously use your prayers. This isn't me trying to put on some "holier than thou art" persona, I seriously need your prayers. As you can tell from my posts, which go from atheism and blasphemy to "defending Orthodoxy," there are some serious spiritual problems in my life.

It's just that this whole journey is frustrating and annoying, and it doesn't help me that I'm Sacramentless, so I'm in a very stupid situation, a situation where my whole being is dominated by sin.

I don't know. Pray for me. I at least want a better chance of getting into Heaven by being in the Correct Church.

I think for now, I'm gonna follow Mor's advice and probably stick with Eastern Orthodoxy for now - although I will still attend a Coptic Liturgy and talk with a priest there. However, if God truly wants me to become Oriental at some point, I hope that He makes it clear to me that it's the True Church.

I think Mor was wise when he said that I should probably become Eastern Orthodox first and deal with the Oriental controversy later - and it's clear why.

I'm sorry to all those whom I've offended, I'm sorry to all those whom I've heart. I'm sorry to God, and I'm sorry for being a sophist.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:49:23 AM by LivenotoneviL »
I'm done.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: I'm leaving the board.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 01:51:59 AM »
I'll miss your participation here. I'm sending you my Facebook profile and e-mail inbox, if you want to contact me. I'd be glad to keep contact. Prayers.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline NJC

• Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church - Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:59:40 AM »
As much as I appreciate the help and the resources here, I feel like the more I engage in theological discussion, being the Neophyte that I am, the more I realize how much I don't even understand, and I want to apologize for all the errors I've made and ignorance that I have portrayed. With my unholy and disgusting hands, I have tried to grasp something holy, and I may be condemned for it - how can I even tackle something like the theology of Orthodoxy, when I am but a schismatic with no theological training?

Moreover, this board is an idol in my life that I need to pluck out and replace it with a greater sense of reading the Bible, studying the Church Fathers, and praying. I thank everyone for putting up with me, despite how evil and selfish I can be, and I could seriously use your prayers. This isn't me trying to put on some "holier than thou art" persona, I seriously need your prayers. As you can tell from my posts, which go from atheism and blasphemy to "defending Orthodoxy," there are some serious spiritual problems in my life.

It's just that this whole journey is frustrating and annoying, and it doesn't help me that I'm Sacramentless, so I'm in a very stupid situation, a situation where my whole being is dominated by sin.

I don't know. Pray for me. I at least want a better chance of getting into Heaven by being in the Correct Church.

I think for now, I'm gonna follow Mor's advice and probably stick with Eastern Orthodoxy for now - although I will still attend a Coptic Liturgy and talk with a priest there. However, if God truly wants me to become Oriental at some point, I hope that He makes it clear to me that it's the True Church.

I think Mor was wise when he said that I should probably become Eastern Orthodox first and deal with the Oriental controversy later - and it's clear why.

I'm sorry to all those whom I've offended, I'm sorry to all those whom I've heart. I'm sorry to God, and I'm sorry for being a sophist.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Yes, follow Mor's advice, and do whatever you need to do to become Eastern Orthodox at the parish you mentioned, and as soon as you can. Once you start having Holy Communion, Confession, (not to mention your Baptism), everything else will fall in to place. I think you are making the right decision to get off this board, it seems to affect you too much.

God bless.

Offline Brilko

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 02:04:20 AM »
Fear not. Go in peace. Trust in God.

Offline Orthodox_Slav

• A sinful servant of God.
  • OC.net guru
  • 1539: Seal of Ivan IV
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow Patriarchate
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 09:10:41 AM »
Bye you will be missed!
"Two Romes fell, a third stands, and there will not be a fourth one."-Philotheus of Pskov

Christ is risen from the dead,
Trampling down death by death,
And upon those in the tombs
Bestowing life!- Paschal troparion

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
Go with God.
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »
Goodbye.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »
Well darn ~ I don't like you taking off ~ even for a while ~ I could see who you were in your writing ~ you give as much as you received ```

I need another cup O coffee ~ but it will not make it lighter to think you'll be talking here less ~ I want to say " Don't go " but I know you'll be here ~ just less for a while ```

Maybe I'll see you around brother ```

God Love and be with you ```

seth

Offline Sethrak

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
Hold on ~ let me gather my things ```

Offline Rohzek

• OC.net guru
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
Godspeed. Breaks are always nice.
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline arnI

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOA Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 08:24:34 AM »
Prayers for you and all on this journey we endeavor to undertake.
Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: without works is dead.
  • Jurisdiction: Foolishness to the Greeks
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 07:27:53 PM »
I at least want a better chance of getting into Heaven by being in the Correct Church.

You will never be saved this way. The Church was made for man, not man for the Church.

Put your trust in Christ.

He has given us the Church, through which the Sacraments serve as conduits of grace. But they are not the only conduits of grace. If you fall down, get up again and keep running at the gates of Heaven. Charge as hard as you can, even -- especially -- when you stumble. Do this until you get there, and at the last moment you will find you have fallen through an open door and into the full presence of God. And if you find yourself in the ditch, look for Christ to pull you out. All you have to do is ask.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Take a breath, read Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Offline JTLoganville

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GO Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
Yes, follow Mor's advice, and do whatever you need to do to become Eastern Orthodox at the parish you mentioned, and as soon as you can. Once you start having Holy Communion, Confession, (not to mention your Baptism), everything else will fall in to place. I think you are making the right decision to get off this board, it seems to affect you too much.

God bless.

Absolutely.

Right now you are attempting to fight spiritual battles naked and unarmed.

Online Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • If you die before you die, then you will not die
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
I think you were doing pretty good. There are people out there that dont even come close to how far you have come. Do what you feel will benefit you right now. Ultimately its gods grace that gives us true theological knowledge.  Until he intervenes. Everything is cloudy.

Offline adecarion

• Faith: n/a
  • Jurisdiction: n/a
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 02:48:13 PM »
Based on some of the things you have posted on the board, I think you and I have the same tendency to over think these things and get yourself into panic mode where you are obsessed with figuring out how to get to heaven. I don't know if you are from a Protestant background, but I can see how being brought up, let's say Baptist, can do this to your head. The picture of God handed to you was probably way off target and needs time to heal.

Anyway, this podcast by Fr. Hopko hits the nail on the head. I would strongly encourage you to listen. He starts discussing these things around the 24-minute mark. Whatever your opinion of Fr. Hopko, I think that this is a good antidote to this way of thinking.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/namesofjesus/jesus_the_savior