Author Topic: Syriac, Slavonic, and Arabic Liturgical Books  (Read 159 times)

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Syriac, Slavonic, and Arabic Liturgical Books
« on: October 31, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
Looking for liturgical books in the above languages. For personal use, since I love chanting in other languages, but also for others, as a record for anyone who's looking for them.

Specifically, of the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. I'm not particularly against people who want to post the various Syriac anaphorae of the Syriac Orthodox Church etc. either, but I'm looking for the Rite of Constantinople here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:00:36 PM by xOrthodox4Christx »
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: Syriac, Slavonic, and Arabic Liturgical Books
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
As for the Liturgy, see the thread in this section: Divine Liturgy of St. John the Goldenmouth in every language - resource topic ;)

For Arabic liturgical texts plus some Aramaic insertions in the old manuscripts, see this

Arabic menaion (manuscript)

Liturgical texts in Church Slavonic

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)