Author Topic: Hell eternal?  (Read 4127 times)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Übermensch
  • Jurisdiction: Nietzsche
Re: Hell eternal?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2017, 03:34:22 AM »
People who believe and support this, these losers, half men half monkeys, these sadistic criminals and ungifted failures are certainly the ones who truly deserve to suffer forever and ever.
You realize that, according to you, this statement makes you a loser, half man, half monkey, sadistic criminal against life and humanity and ungifted failure, don't you?
No because I dont believe and support it
'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil' (Exodus 23:2)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 03:36:27 AM »
Beebs,

I hope that you look back on your contribution to this forum--in the not too distant future--and gain an appreciation for how ridiculous most of it has been. Believe what you want, an evangelist I am not, but your pubescent ranting is pretty annoying and utterly unconvincing.

You don't offend me, scare me, or teach me. And that's not because I'm righteous or strong in faith. It's because your posts are dross. They're mostly weak regurgitations of stuff we've all heard before, or maybe even spouted in the past.

It's doubtful that you'll heed our wish that you leave these threads alone, but just imagine how silly it appears for you to project your so-called Nietzschean "strength" and "wisdom" in the form of shrill, witless tirades. There are better (or different) outlets/forums to direct your whining--please use them.

But again, I hope you come to see this. In the meantime, will you take your foot off the gas a bit and quit derailing threads? They get derailed enough as is. I hope you waste your time reading this, as you waste ours quite frequently.

He's a nihilist.  He believes in nothing:

(Another snippet from the Big Lebowski)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5J_kao6mwA
Everything That doesnt affirm or adapt to your sadistic ideology is nihilistic. It is one of the favorite Words you Christians use; but I am sure, you guys are more nihilistic than I am

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »
Beneath the noise you're still a Calvinist.
Don John pounding from the slaughter-painted poop
- GK Chesteron, "Lepanto"

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 07:30:36 AM »
And beneath the noise of all talk about turning the other cheek and loving your neighbour the majority of you guys are great haters
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:30:57 AM by beebert »

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Hatred is learned behaviour.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 08:06:23 AM »
It is one of the favorite Words you Christians use; but I am sure, you guys are more nihilistic than I am

We believe in plenty of things, thanks.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »
You’ll never be accidentally heterodox if you simply take no views on the matter, and concentrate on your own personal journey to the Kingdom as well as the journey of those beloved around you.

Isn't learning about the Faith part of the personal journey to the Kingdom? Obviously not all of it (can't forget the prayer, fasting, and charity!), but an important part nonetheless?

I just want to be clarified that I hold the Orthodox understanding of the Afterlife.
You can't know everything perfectly, but i believe humility and love for Christ overcome all wrong opinions, as long as you are in the Church.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »
It is one of the favorite Words you Christians use; but I am sure, you guys are more nihilistic than I am

Can't you say "I" instead of "we" in a case like this for a change?

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »

Can't you say "I" instead of "we" in a case like this for a change?

If you expect the other Orthodox on here to say something different, you'll be waiting a long time. This is not a matter of opinion.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »

And true nihilism is a state of mind or heart, not what kind of things you "believe" in. Most of you are the ones who need to believe in all those weird things in order to feel that life has a "purpose", in order for life not to be completely rotten, meaningless or evil. Hence, the majority of you are beneath the surface the true nihilists. Because most of you need something beyond what you experience in everyday life in order to feel that life has a meaning.
Dostoevsky was it who said that everything is permitted without a God huh? A typical christian would say something like that. What it really means is that the one who thinks a God is needed for there to be any meaning to anything is the true nihilist. Anyone who searches for a beyond, for signs and wonders...

And what does your cross really mean? I tell you; most of you have despaired over the fact that you can not will back in time; what has happened has happened. You can't accept your past, you can't move forward, so you need something that eliminates the past, something that eliminates you feeling of "hopelessness", in other words, something that helps you in you pathetic weakness. And what is the solution? A cross! A cross over your past, a miracle to believe in, and suddenly, the future is possible, you can finally will forward instead of backwards.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2017, 08:44:20 AM »

And true nihilism is a state of mind or heart, not what kind of things you "believe" in. Most of you are the ones who need to believe in all those weird things in order to feel that life has a "purpose", in order for life not to be completely rotten, meaningless or evil. Hence, the majority of you are beneath the surface the true nihilists. Because most of you need something beyond what you experience in everyday life in order to feel that life has a meaning.
Dostoevsky was it who said that everything is permitted without a God huh? A typical christian would say something like that. What it really means is that the one who thinks a God is needed for there to be any meaning to anything is the true nihilist. Anyone who searches for a beyond, for signs and wonders...

And what does your cross really mean? I tell you; most of you have despaired over the fact that you can not will back in time; what has happened has happened. You can't accept your past, you can't move forward, so you need something that eliminates the past, something that eliminates you feeling of "hopelessness", in other words, something that helps you in you pathetic weakness. And what is the solution? A cross! A cross over your past, a miracle to believe in, and suddenly, the future is possible, you can finally will forward instead of backwards.

You sound like a five-year-old having a tantrum over a house rule. Pipe down, breathe, and then we might talk, if you are ever willing to listen. We've wasted enough time on your rants already.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

Dr.  Jung called,  he said he wanted his psychology book back by Tuesday.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
And beneath the noise of all talk about turning the other cheek and loving your neighbour the majority of you guys are great haters

Sometimes love requires administering beatings. 

I am full of love.
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »

What are you even talking about?
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »

If you dont understand, then it is certainly your problem

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »

Expressing yourself coherently, also known as 'making sense', is your responsibility.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
The expectation of"coherence" and  "making sense" is a clear mark of the enduring Western Captivity.

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »
The expectation of"coherence" and  "making sense" is a clear mark of the enduring Western Captivity.

We are hopelessly modernised, aren't we?

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
You’ll never be accidentally heterodox if you simply take no views on the matter, and concentrate on your own personal journey to the Kingdom as well as the journey of those beloved around you.

Isn't learning about the Faith part of the personal journey to the Kingdom? Obviously not all of it (can't forget the prayer, fasting, and charity!), but an important part nonetheless?

I just want to be clarified that I hold the Orthodox understanding of the Afterlife.

The Orthodox understanding of the afterlife is that if you build up the Kingdom of heaven in your heart, you will be in the Kingdom of Heaven after you depart.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Sharbel

• Glory to God in all things!
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »
People who believe and support this, these losers, half men half monkeys, these sadistic criminals and ungifted failures are certainly the ones who truly deserve to suffer forever and ever.
You realize that, according to you, this statement makes you a loser, half man, half monkey, sadistic criminal against life and humanity and ungifted failure, don't you?
Yes, because you believe and condemn others to suffer forever and ever.
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »

The Orthodox understanding of the afterlife is that if you build up the Kingdom of heaven in your heart, you will be in the Kingdom of Heaven after you depart.
Witty indeed!
There's also "If you die before you die, then when you die you won't die".
Quote from: Nun M.
The dread Pantocrator...is also "Christouli mou", (my little Christ), who really listens when you run in to your neighborhood church on the way to work to cry and light a candle because your daughter is in trouble at school. The untouchable and all-holy Mother of God is also "Panayitsa mou", who really will take your part before the court of heaven because, just like your own mom, she’ll always stick up for her children, no matter how badly they’ve behaved.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:36 PM »
 :)

I don't mean to be witty, but these discussions of the afterlife, will benefit no one really.  The main issue is to be vigilant in your faith.  Believe there's an afterlife, believe that there is spiritual growth now that affects what will happen in the afterlife, but other than that, "neither eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor heart can contemplate"...so why both contemplate?
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2017, 03:01:43 AM »
No that is what you guys and your God, his son and his greedy apostles are experts on. Not to speak about failed men like John Chrysostom, Tertullian etc.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2017, 03:03:28 AM »

Talk about being selfish

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 03:04:20 AM »

Expressing yourself coherently, also known as 'making sense', is your responsibility.
Your unintelligence and lack of ability to understand is not my problem.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:04:38 AM by beebert »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:37 AM »

If you can't explain it to a six-year-old, then you don't understand it either. Go! :)

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2017, 06:24:55 AM »

If you can't explain it to a six-year-old, then you don't understand it either. Go! :)
Are you six?

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2017, 06:26:21 AM »

Are you six?

Can you?

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2017, 06:37:20 AM »

Are you six?

Can you?
With most six-year-olds I would have to really explain what nihilism is. The Chance they would understand might be greater than with you guys Though, since you have a completely wrong understanding of nihilism to begin with. Regarding mentioning christianity and the cross to a Child; I am not sure I would be willing to commit such a crime and speak about such a dangerous ideology.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:37:54 AM by beebert »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:26 AM »

Are you six?

Can you?
With most six-year-olds I would have to really explain what nihilism is. The Chance they would understand might be greater than with you guys Though, since you have a completely wrong understanding of nihilism to begin with. Regarding mentioning christianity and the cross to a Child; I am not sure I would be willing to commit such a crime and speak about such a dangerous ideology.

In short, and unsurprisingly, you can't.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:40 AM »
No that is what you guys and your God, his son and his greedy apostles are experts on. Not to speak about failed men like John Chrysostom, Tertullian etc.

How was St. John failed?

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »

How was St. John failed?
From what I have read by him he was sadistic and therefore evil

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »

How was St. John failed?

Prove it. That's a pretty serious accusation.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2017, 08:12:56 AM »

How was St. John failed?

Prove it. That's a pretty serious accusation.
An accusation he loved to give to the jews. Anyway:

“(Hell) It is a sea of fire—not a sea of the kind or dimensions we know here, but much larger and fiercer, with waves made of fire, fire of a strange and fearsome kind. There is a great abyss there, in fact, of terrible flames, and one can see fire rushing about on all sides like some wild animal. … There will be no one who can resist, no one who can escape: Christ’s gentle, peaceful face will be nowhere to be seen. But as those sentenced to work the mines are give over to rough men and see no more of their families, but only their taskmasters, so it will be there—or not simply so, but much worse. For here on can appeal to the Emperor for clemency, and have the prisoner released—but there, never. They will not be released, but will remain roasting and in such agony as cannot be expressed.”
 (Homilies on Matthew 43[44].4)

“For when you hear of fire, do not suppose the fire in that world to be like this: for fire in this world burns up and makes away with anything which it takes hold of; but that fire is continually burning those who have once been seized by it, and never ceases: therefore also is it called unquenchable. For those also who have sinned must put on immortality, not for honor, but to have a constant supply of material for that punishment to work upon; and how terrible this is, speech could never depict, but from the experience of little things it is possible to form some slight notion of these great ones. For if you should ever be in a bath which has been heated more than it ought to be, think then, I pray you, on the fire of hell: or again if you are ever inflamed by some severe fever transfer your thoughts to that flame, and then you will be able clearly to discern the difference. For if a bath and a fever so afflict and distress us, what will our condition be when we have fallen into that river of fire which winds in front of the terrible judgment-seat. Then we shall gnash our teeth under the suffering of our labors and intolerable pains: but there will be no one to succor us: yea we shall groan mightily, as the flame is applied more severely to us, but we shall see no one save those who are being punished with us, and great desolation. And how should any one describe the terrors arising to our souls from the darkness? For just as that fire has no consuming power so neither has it any power of giving light: for otherwise there would not be darkness. The dismay produced in us then by this, and the trembling and the great astonishment can be sufficiently realized in that day only. For in that world many and various kinds of torment and torrents of punishment are poured in upon the soul from every side. And if any one should ask, and how can the soul bear up against such a multitude of punishments and continue being chastised through interminable ages, let him consider what happens in this world, how many have often borne up against a long and severe disease. And if they have died, this has happened not because the soul was consumed but because the body was exhausted, so that had the latter not broken down, the soul would not have ceased being tormented. When then we have received an incorruptible and inconsumable body there is nothing to prevent the punishment being indefinitely extended. For here indeed it is impossible that the two things should coexist. I mean severity of punishment and permanence of being, but the one contends with the other, because the nature of the body is perishable and cannot bear the concurrence of both: but when the imperishable state has supervened, there would be an end of this strife, and both these terrible things will keep their hold upon us for infinite time with much force. Let us not then so dispose ourselves now as if the excessive power of the tortures were destructive of the soul: for even the body will not be able to experience this at that time, but will abide together with the soul, in a state of eternal punishment, and there will not be any end to look to beyond this. How much luxury then, and how much time will you weigh in the balance against this punishment and vengeance? Do you propose a period of a hundred years or twice as long? And what is this compared with the endless ages? For what the dream of a single day is in the midst of a whole lifetime, that the enjoyment of things here is as contrasted with the state of things to come. Is there then any one who, for the sake of seeing a good dream, would elect to be perpetually punished? Who is so senseless as to have recourse to this kind of retribution?” (Ad Theod. 1.10)

What a sick bastard. He should have been locked up.

About jews. He was almost in the League of the nazis. It wouldnt surprise me if he would have been a nazi if he had lived in that time.

"How dare Christians have the slightest intercourse with Jews! They are lustful, rapacious, greedy, perfidious bandits: pests of the universe! Indeed, an entire day would not suffice to tell of all their rapine, their avarice, their deception of the poor, their thievery, and their huckstering.

Are they not inveterate murderers, destroyers, men possessed by the devil? Jews are impure and impious, and their synagogue is a house of prostitution, a lair of beasts, a place of shame and ridicule, the domicile of the devil, as is the soul of the Jew. As a matter of fact, Jews worship the devil; their rites are criminal and unchaste; their religion a disease; their synagogue an assembly of crooks, a den of thieves, a cavern of devils, an abyss of perdition!

Why are the Jews degenerate? Because of their hateful assassination of Christ. This supreme crime lies at the root of their degradation and woes. The rejection and dispersion of the Jews was done by the wrath of God because of His absolute abandonment of the Jews. Thus, the Jew will live under the yoke of slavery without end.

God hates the Jews, and on Judgment Day will say to those who sympathize with them: “Depart from Me, for you have had intercourse with My murderers!” Flee, then, from their assemblies, fly from their houses, and hold their synagogue in hatred and aversion.”

Offline byhisgrace

• AOCB
  • Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Memory Eternal to my Younger Brother
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »
Hoist by his own petard!

Beebs,

I hope that you look back on your contribution to this forum--in the not too distant future--and gain an appreciation for how ridiculous most of it has been. Believe what you want, an evangelist I am not, but your pubescent ranting is pretty annoying and utterly unconvincing.

You don't offend me, scare me, or teach me. And that's not because I'm righteous or strong in faith. It's because your posts are dross. They're mostly weak regurgitations of stuff we've all heard before, or maybe even spouted in the past.

It's doubtful that you'll heed our wish that you leave these threads alone, but just imagine how silly it appears for you to project your so-called Nietzschean "strength" and "wisdom" in the form of shrill, witless tirades. There are better (or different) outlets/forums to direct your whining--please use them.

But again, I hope you come to see this. In the meantime, will you take your foot off the gas a bit and quit derailing threads? They get derailed enough as is. I hope you waste your time reading this, as you waste ours quite frequently.
+1
Oh Holy Apostle, St. John, pray for us

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
Beebert, if you're atheist, what do you care about Jewish people?

Also, you don't believe in Hell.

Also, you're obsessed with it.

If you're not Orthodox, what is St. John to you?

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »

To play the pop psychology game with beerbert here are my guesses:

1: he is acting as a scorned lover.  This is the most interesting,  but least plausible answer

2. He is acting like a teenager who messes up the bedroom because his parents couldn't answer his "deep philosophical" question about why to keep his room clean, do his homework,  and take a bath (and what's a clean room or bath matter with all the starving kids in China and my own authentic morals)

3.  He's acting line a teenager on this forum because he needs attention and doesn't care how counter productive his methods are.  He is impervious to all feedback as he is the true Christian,  true humanist,  and true Scotsman.

Anyway I have no idea how a forum can deal with teenage angst,  alienation,  drama and things like that... especially when it's couched in religion or philosophy.   Really he ought be ignored.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:10:04 AM by William T »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2017, 11:10:29 AM »
Tell us about your mother, Beebert.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
Tell us about your mother, Beebert.

"I was raised a poor black child"

Steve Martin (don't know why that made me think of  that)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:15:52 AM by William T »

Offline Cognomen

• Ungrateful Biped
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Wanderer, but Antioch and All the East
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »

He's a nihilist.  He believes in nothing:

(Another snippet from the Big Lebowski)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5J_kao6mwA

Say what you will about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude. At least its an ethos.
If anything I have posted has been illuminating, please remember that I merely reflect the light of others...but also it's me.

Offline Cognomen

• Ungrateful Biped
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Wanderer, but Antioch and All the East
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

To play the pop psychology game with beerbert here are my guesses:

1: he is acting as a scorned lover.  This is the most interesting,  but least plausible answer

2. He is acting like a teenager who messes up the bedroom because his parents couldn't answer his "deep philosophical" question about why to keep his room clean, do his homework,  and take a bath (and what's a clean room or bath matter with all the starving kids in China and my own authentic morals)

3.  He's acting like a teenager on this forum because he needs attention and doesn't care how counter productive his methods are.  He is impervious to all feedback as he is the true Christian,  true humanist,  and true Scotsman.

Anyway I have no idea how a forum can deal with teenage angst,  alienation,  drama and things like that... especially when it's couched in religion or philosophy.   Really he ought be ignored.

Agreed in full, and I similarly have no idea how a forum deals with the angst. Let's just try to ignore him and let him grow up a bit. I suspect he'll hold his breath and stomp his feet for awhile, but perhaps that ends at some point.

Sorry, OP (if you're still around). You asked an interesting question, but this happened instead.
If anything I have posted has been illuminating, please remember that I merely reflect the light of others...but also it's me.

Offline beebert

• OC.net guru
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 04:27:20 AM »

He is an evil monster who has affected history in a negative way. And I care because I am not a nihilist.
The psychological reason for the early growth of christianity and why maniacs like Paul etc could get power is similar as with extreme feminism today. It starts with one who feeks a man is evil and suddenly all men are evil. Same with christianity. Just because you are a weak and pathetic sinner, everyone suddenly deserves to burn forever. Most Christians belong in mental asylums.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:58 AM »

He is an evil monster who has affected history in a negative way. And I care because I am not a nihilist.
The psychological reason for the early growth of christianity and why maniacs like Paul etc could get power is similar as with extreme feminism today. It starts with one who feeks a man is evil and suddenly all men are evil. Same with christianity. Just because you are a weak and pathetic sinner, everyone suddenly deserves to burn forever. Most Christians belong in mental asylums.

None of what you said here is correct.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 06:07:18 AM »
I changed my mind about hell. I am still somewhat hesitant to think of it as eternal, but I understand the reason why it exists. It's just cosmic justice. You puff yourself up, and the universe, God, nature, reality, whatever placeholder word you want to insert, will push you back down.

That's how the natural world works, it's how God works. I find nothing fundamentally problematic about it anymore.

"God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." (St. James 4:6)
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 06:13:55 AM »

Are you saying people don't have responsibilities? That's all Christ said. "Be holy as I am holy." The whole sermon on the mount, and his excoriation of the Pharisees in Matthew 23 all stem from the assumption that human beings have responsibilities toward God and toward the world. Hell is just the logical consequence of understanding responsibility. If you don't believe in responsibility, you'll end up in hell. Doing drugs, needless, self-inflicted suffering, pain, hatred and contempt. Hell is of your design, as St. Isaac of Syria says, and it's your choice whether you want to make the right choices in life or not. Nobody is forcing you.

That's what hell effectively is. It's not about psychological scarring, and it never was. Read St. Clement's letter to the Corinthians and you'll see that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:14:40 AM by xOrthodox4Christx »
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline Vanhyo

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Layman in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »
If you ever manage to shake off this diabolical delusion of yours, remember to add this idiotic comment to your confession list.

My advice for you is to restrain yourself from posting as you are unable to discern the truth, your ability to reason is distorted by extreme pride, self-love and egotism.

Posting on theological matters in your condition is more dangerious than drinking and driving.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:52:59 AM by Vanhyo »