Author Topic: The Things that Cheer You Up  (Read 26072 times)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
Re: The Things that Cheer You Up
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2018, 07:29:39 AM »
With blessing of my priest to celebrate on the new calendar, I've been to the vigil and Liturgy of the Nativity of the Theotokos feast :) Took  Holy Communion, chanted a lof of stuff at the vigil and the Epistle at the Liturgy without any mishups :)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »
An unexpected (and fun!) source of French practice.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
With blessing of my priest to celebrate on the new calendar, I've been to the vigil and Liturgy of the Nativity of the Theotokos feast :) Took  Holy Communion, chanted a lof of stuff at the vigil and the Epistle at the Liturgy without any mishups :)

Good!

I'm going to liturgy now.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »
The 12-year-old teaching the 8-year-old how to prepare slides.  :D
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2018, 08:25:32 AM »

Actually the same, as it goes for today's feast of the Holy Cross :) Well, I've chanted a bit less at the vigil, but today I chanted therd hour and the Epistle.

I'm just wondering if there come such one beautiful day, that I'll be informed about me reading the Epistle (both in Church Slavonic or Polish) lety's say.. if not the day before, so, maybe before the Liturgy? I'm asked to do it usually after the beginning of Liturgy, the books is given to me and I have fastly see what's going on in the text and how to do it regading the content and melody, and of course, the prokimenon(s)  :laugh:
There were only 3 situations, that I'd been informed some time before, but taking into account that were so unusual and important (especially chanting the Epistle in Arabic at Liturgy with patriarchat of Antioch and metropolitan of Poland with direct TV broadcast in the national tv, with crowds of thousands believers), it may would have been a bt earlier than an evening before.

Well, maybe if I - if it's God's Will - become tonsured reader, such situations should be considered pretty normal...
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Ainnir

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »
I think it's great you can even jump in on short notice like that!  Advance warning is nice, though.  :)
Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »
The Readercoin app.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~