OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 01:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know what makes me really sad?  (Read 4281 times) Average Rating: 0
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »

THere is a video of Benny Hinn doing the "Fus Ro Dah!!!!" from Skyrim.....absolutely hilarious.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »

So does the movie take place at a Michael W. Smith concert or at a Benny Hinn revival?  That would be terrifying.
To my eternal shame, I did go to a Benny Hinn revival at the age of 18 (to impress a girl of course). It truly was terrifying.

How did things turn out with the girl?

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »

There is a video of Benny Hinn doing the "Fus Ro Dah!!!!" from Skyrim.....absolutely hilarious.

PP

And here it is.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »

Lol, that's pretty funny and I don't even play Skyrim.

Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »

So does the movie take place at a Michael W. Smith concert or at a Benny Hinn revival?  That would be terrifying.
To my eternal shame, I did go to a Benny Hinn revival at the age of 18 (to impress a girl of course). It truly was terrifying.

Why would you want to impress a girl that's obsessed with Benny Hinn?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:50:54 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »

The heck with being obsessed with Hinn, I'd be concerned as a parent if she had ever even heard of the guy.
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »

People mocking other people...

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »

It happens.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »

And loving it.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »

Haha! Good point. I was into that weird Charismatic Catholic movement at the time (keep in mind that this was like 14 years ago), and I was dating a Pentecostal gal.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

Haha! Good point. I was into that weird Charismatic Catholic movement at the time (keep in mind that this was like 14 years ago), and I was dating a Pentecostal gal.
So.....does that mean you would backflip up to the Eucharist?

PP

Gregory the Great

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

A charasmastic Catholic...
Let me YouTube this.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »

They were real.  Do they still exist?

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »

Uh...yes. Sad Sad

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »

Not as prevalent now, but yes, this movement still exists.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »

PP
Ha! From what I can remember there was a lot of falling on the ground during Eucharistic adoration, crying, and speaking in tongues. Weird stuff.

Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »

They run Radio Maria. You can't listen for an hour without hearing someone use the phrase "Catholic renewal."

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »

PP
Ha! From what I can remember there was a lot of falling on the ground during Eucharistic adoration, crying, and speaking in tongues. Weird stuff.

Oh, hey, they still got that stuf in pentecostal churches too!  Minus the Eucharist.  But lots of loud music.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2013, 02:19:37 PM »

PP

Oh, hey, they still got that stuf in pentecostal churches too!  Minus the Eucharist.  But lots of loud music.
And generally a basket full of nonsense. My mother goes to one of these "churches"....here's to validating stereotypes......

PP

Gregory the Great

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »

I went to those churches for the majority of my life.  The stereotypes are actual truth.  Funny thing is, I would get mad when people would make fun of "talking in tongues" or "dancing in the spirit."

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »

I went to those churches for the majority of my life.  The stereotypes are actual truth.  Funny thing is, I would get mad when people would make fun of "talking in tongues" or "dancing in the spirit."
Makes me remember the I watched some news agency do a special on speaking in tongues. They had 5 different "translators" who heard one person speaking. They all had radically different translations. It was funny listening to them legitimize the different translations.....

PP

Gregory the Great

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: