OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 08:31:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your favorite quotes!  (Read 4919 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »

Odo: "You'd shoot a man in the back?"
Garak: "Well, it's the safest way, isn't it?"

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »

"Amos Jones: [narrating] With Mr. Smithers comin' up to call at 8, the Kingfish didn't want to take no chances with his mother-in-law.
George 'Kingfish' Stevens: That's right, Madam Olga, I'm bringin' my mother-in-law into your beauty parlor here this afternoon for a complete overhaul job.
Madam Olga: Well, you make it sound like a big project.
George 'Kingfish' Stevens: Well, Madam Olga, I'm gonna give ya the problem with my mother-in-law. Have you ever been down to the beach and seen a grapefruit washed up on the sand, one that's been in the water for three or four weeks and then washed up and left to dry in the sun for a few days?
Madam Olga: Yes.
George 'Kingfish' Stevens: Well, if you can get her lookin' that good, I'll be satisfied."

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 12:17:14 AM »

"The gods know what shall happen, men know what has happened, the wise perceive what is about to happen"
-Philostratus the Athenian
what happened?
A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you.
Bert Leston Taylor

One's ignorance is one's chief asset.
Wallace Stevens

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:21:28 AM by Sinful Hypocrite » Logged

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
emilysmith

Faith: trust in a person
Jurisdiction: constitutional law

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:42:31 AM by emilysmith » Logged

Learn About Education | Watch Live TV
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »

I died for you, do you live for Me? ( Christ to each one of us)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:31:55 PM by Nikolaos Greek » Logged

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »

Can't remember where I came across this, but it's one of my favorites.

"Men must have something to blaspheme or life would be unliveable".
- St Gregory the Theologian

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »

"You quit your sassin, boy! I pulled you out of your mother and I'll shove yah right back in." - Pa Clemson

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »

"A man who doesn't moan isn't happy"

My old amourer sergeant's take on life.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »

"any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed."

Lt. Colonel "Mad" Jack Churchill (only British soldier known to have felled an enemy with a longbow in WWII)

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »

Was it Kirkagaard or Dick Van Patton who said "to label me is to negate me"?

– Wayne Campbell  Grin

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »

Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

He who keeps silent consents.

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

"A man can walk into heresy with both eyes open, yet remain blessedly ignorant of his sin. This is why no cry of innocence, no matter how heartfelt or genuine can ever be considered."
—Inquisitor Charon Donnallain

"Do not give me 'facts,' I have erased more facts from the sum of human knowledge than you've had hot dinners. I make them up when the need exists. Give me truth."
—Iquisitor Zachariah

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:13:11 PM by Punch » Logged

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush his achievement and remove all record of his very existence. From that defeat there is no recovery. That is the meaning of victory."

— Lord Commander Solar Macharius

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »

"Now, when I was a kid, I had my first taste of atom smashing because when I was a kid, I decided to do a Science Fair project. First of all, I was working with anti-matter in high school, photographing brilliant tracks of anti-matter inside my magnetic field that I built. Then one day, I wanted to create my own beam of anti-matter. Not just photograph it, but actually manipulate it. So, I went to my mom one day and I said, 'Mom, can I have permission to build a 2.3 million volt atom smasher betatronic accelerator in my garage?' And she kind of stared at me and said, 'An atom smasher in the garage? I mean, sure. Why not? And don't forget to take out the garbage.' So, I took out the garbage and I went to Westinghouse and I got 400 pounds of transformer steel, 22 miles of copper wire, and we wound a 6 kilowatt, 10,000 gauss magnetic field on the high school football field." - Michio Kaku

Not sure if it's apocryphal or not, and I don't think it is, but either way I like it.

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:29 AM »

From Lawrence of Arabia:

T.E. Lawrence: My lord, I think... I think your book is right. 'The desert is an ocean in which no oar is dipped' and on this ocean the Bedu go where they please and strike where they please. This is the way the Bedu have always fought. You're famed throughout the world for fighting in this way and this is the way you should fight now!
-----
Mr. Dryden: Big things have small beginnings, sir.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:18:19 AM by IoanC » Logged

Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »

Most loving quote that I've heard any time recently ...

"So, here I am, still his wife, and I'm going to remain his wife until the Lord calls me home." - Clara Gantt, 94, on greeting the flag-draped casket containing the recently recovered and identified remains of her husband, US Army SFC Joseph Gantt, who died 63 years ago while a North Korean POW.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:01:05 AM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

"“This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.”  - attributed to Sigmund Freud, speaking of the Irish

"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”  - J.M. Barrie

“It is a thing of no great difficulty to raise objections against another man's oration, it is a very easy matter; but to produce a better in it's place is a work extremely troublesome.” - Plutarch

"I have tried so hard to do the right." - Grover Cleveland's last words

“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”  - A.A.Milne

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2013, 04:12:04 AM »

"Tears are a waste of water". Heard this in a Romanian movie about one of the voivodes. What made me laugh was actually the serious tone in which it was said.

Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »

"For the life of all men must end in death, though a man shut himself in a chamber and keep watch; but brave men must ever set themselves to do that which is noble, with their joyful hope for their buckler, and whatsoever God gives, must bear it gallantly."

-Demosthenes, On the Crown §97
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:52:47 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »

From the late Fred Rogers, of blessed memory. These are but two among a whole host of wonderful quotes voiced by a deeply spiritual and inspirational man who brought a wealth of entertainment, mixed with wisdom, to the children who viewed his show over the decades:

“It's a mistake to think that we have to be lovely to be loved by human beings or by God”

“I believe that appreciation is a holy thing--that when we look for what's best in a person we happen to be with at the moment, we're doing what God does all the time. So in loving and appreciating our neighbor, we're participating in something sacred.”

Many years,

Neil

Jovan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Great Britain and Scandinavia

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there. Unlovely, I rushed heedlessly among the lovely things thou hast made. Thou wast with me, but I was not with thee. These things kept me far from thee; even though they were not at all unless they were in thee. Thou didst call and cry aloud, and didst force open my deafness. Thou didst gleam and shine, and didst chase away my blindness. Thou didst breathe fragrant odors and I drew in my breath; and now I pant for thee. I tasted, and now I hunger and thirst. Thou didst touch me, and I burned for thy peace.”

- St. Augustine of Hippo

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there."
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »

The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.

H.L. Mencken

I could fill a whole thread just with his quotes.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »

The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.

H.L. Mencken

It'd end up in the cess-pit "Politics", though  Wink.  I love his stuff!!!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »

“All right, let’s not panic. I’ll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”
Homer Simpson

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »

"Next, on what subjects and to what extent may we philosophize? On matters within our reach, and to such an extent as the mental power and grasp of our audience may extend." - St. Gregory the Theologian, Oration 27.4

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »

H.L. Mencken

It'd end up in the cess-pit "Politics", though  Wink.  I love his stuff!!!

Perhaps I could be corrected, but dated politics doesn't seem to be a problem.  He was probably complaining about President Taft.  I don't see a lot of flame wars arising of this! 

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2014, 06:14:17 PM »

"Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter,"-Friedrich Nietzsche.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »

"Behold a republic standing erect while empires all around are bowed beneath the weight of their own armaments--a republic whose flag is loved while other flags are only feared." - William Jennings Bryan  (the guy that lost to Taft)

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »

His live-for-the-moment attitude solidly intact, Lemmy shows few signs of human wear-and-tear. As one working-class cockney fan puts it: "If they drop a nuclear bomb, Lemmy and cockroaches is all that's gonna survive."

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »

You mentioned this in the other thread, and I didn't want to rain on the parade... but actually Lemmy is not doing so well as far as health these days.

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »

You mentioned this in the other thread, and I didn't want to rain on the parade... but actually Lemmy is not doing so well as far as health these days.

I know. He postponed the tour for the latest album. He has diabetes and heart problems I believe and some other stuff maybe. He gave up smoking, not sure if drinking as well. He says "he is paying the price" as he is just as always. I am praying for him these days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:17:28 PM by IoanC » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »

I know. He postponed the tour for the latest album. He has diabetes and heart problems I believe and some other stuff maybe. He gave up smoking, not sure if drinking as well. He says "he is paying the price" as he is just as always. I am praying for him these days.

He actually had a defibrillator inserted in his chest (so Lemmy). And suffered a hematoma. Had to cancel some shows, yet it's so amazing that he didn't stop altogether (again, so Lemmy). He quit smoking and drinks only wine.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:37:21 PM by IoanC » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:59 PM »

"We should have a world government, but only when the Messiah arrives. Any attempt to achieve world order before that time must be the work of the devil!" Pat Robertson
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:24:09 PM by IoanC » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »

Quotes from a dear friend:

"No, I don't have any regrets. I don't see the point of them."
"I don't think as far as the future."

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »

"Why"s are simultaneously the charm and the stoppage of the mind. They signal the innocent curiosity of a febrile species, in perpetual intellectual expansion, but also the paralyzing stupor of gratuitous interrogation. "Why" -- is asked both by smart people and stupid people. "Stupid people" produce what is called the castrating "why", meaning a question to which no answer can be given and which blocks any efficient production: there is no solution, but the smallest sign of a solution prior to the question is also suspended. It's as if you are saying: I am not going into the elevator until I understand how it works. You might spend your whole life climbing stairs... By Andrei Plesu. Source, my blog: http://romanianorthodoxyinenglish.blogspot.ro/2014/02/about-angels-book-quotes.html

We no longer define ourselves by what we are, but by what we reject. By Andrei Plesu. Source, my blog: http://romanianorthodoxyinenglish.blogspot.ro/2014/02/about-forgotten-beauty-of-living-book.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:34:33 AM by IoanC » Logged

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »

"All the important parts in your life are accidents. Everything that you plan isn't ...."(removed bad word) Lemmy Killmister

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »

My favorite funny quotes:

"It's not about how smart you are (insert my real name), it's about how dumb everyone else is"

-My friend, to me

"(insert my real name), you are a lazy piece of s***"

-The very same friend, to me

"(Insert my real name), you have your own gravitational force"

-My physics/chemistry teacher, to me

"Shut up, (insert my real name)"

-My physics/chemistry teacher, to me, after I said absolutely nothing

"Life s**ks and then you die"

-my physics/chemistry teacher, on life in general

"Listen kid, I still think you're a jerk"

-OC.net poster, to me

Cheesy

My favorite serious quotes include:

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me."

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

"Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Our Lord's words, especially those in St. John's Gospel, are such an inspiration for me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:49:16 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »

"I'll tell you what it was that drove us on. The certainty that we were right and the enemy was wrong." Motorhead

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »

The Lacedaemonians fought a memorable battle; they made it quite clear that they were the experts, and that they were fighting against amateurs.  -Herodotus

It is the right of the conqueror to impose any condition on the defeated.  -Julius Caesar

Silent are laws in times of war.  -Cicero

Aemilianus, you'll always be poor if you're poor.
These days, they only give wealth to the rich.
-Martial

It is convenient that there be gods.  As it is convenient, let us believe that there are.  -Ovid

I do not know whether there are gods, but there ought to be.  -Diogenes of Sinope

It was said of Diogenes: He once begged alms of a statue, and, when asked why he did so, replied, "To get practice in being refused."

Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy, the mad daughter of a wise mother.  These daughters have too long dominated the Earth.  - Voltaire

To-day a democrat of the old school would demand, not freedom for the press, but freedom from the press; but mean-time the leaders have changed themselves into parvenus who have to secure their position vis-a-vis the masses.  -Spengler (1928)

More on the press from Spengler:

The press to-day is an army with carefully organized arms and branches, with journalists as officers, and readers as soldiers. But here, as in every army, the soldier obeys blindly, and war-aims and operation-plans change without his knowledge. The reader neither knows, nor is allowed to know, the purposes for which he is used, nor even the role that he is to play. A more appalling caricature of freedom of thought cannot be imagined. Formerly a man did not dare to think freely. Now he dares, but cannot; his will to think is only a willingness to think to order, and this is what he feels as his liberty.

Another from H.L. Mencken, because on some level I am in love with him:

The only good bureaucrat is one with a pistol at his head. Put it in his hand and it's good-bye to the Bill of Rights.

And another:

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2014, 07:22:28 AM »

"Only God exists; the rest is all hypothesis. " monk Nicolae Steinhardt

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2014, 04:37:54 AM »

"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon." - Susan Ertz

"Good taste is the worst vice ever invented." - Dame Edith Sitwell

katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »

"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid."
My dad

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2014, 02:36:15 AM »

"That priest," she muttered and was silent for a minute. Then she said, "In Europe they probably got some different ways to make liquor but I reckon they know all the ways. They're full of crooked ways. They never have advanced or reformed. They got the same religion as a thousand years ago. It could only be the devil responsible for that."

From The Displaced Person by Flannery O'Connor

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »

"You can't really dust for vomit." - Spinal Tap

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2014, 03:08:17 AM »

"That idea has sunk very deep into your unconscious – that you are not deserving, that you are utterly worthless. Naturally, the best way is to get away from yourself. Everybody is doing it in different ways: somebody is running for money, somebody is running for power, somebody is running for respectability, somebody is running for virtue, saintliness." - Osho

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2014, 03:27:06 AM »

Mahoney: 'I'm trapped here?'
Lassard: 'Yes, we all are.'

Police Academy. I tried to find a video of this scene, but no dice.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: