Author Topic: Share your liturgical mishap stories here!  (Read 74768 times)

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Share your liturgical mishap stories here!
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2016, 12:47:02 AM »
What is the name of this platform in the middle of the nave where the bishop will stand sometimes? I kicked it very hard last Wednesday and tripped on the carpet with a burning candle in my hand while the lights were off.

The Bema?
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2016, 12:57:27 AM »
What is the name of this platform in the middle of the nave where the bishop will stand sometimes? I kicked it very hard last Wednesday and tripped on the carpet with a burning candle in my hand while the lights were off.

The Bema?

Probably, this thing with an eagle rug. I think our nun fixed it while I was getting up and checking if nothing was on fire.

Edit: It seems it's simply called an "eagle rug".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:05:26 AM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #407 on: April 02, 2016, 05:30:27 AM »
The calendar disputes are really serious in Poland...
:laugh:
And what's more, I'm usually one of the main participants in such disputes :P

The Bema?

Probably, this thing with an eagle rug. I think our nun fixed it while I was getting up and checking if nothing was on fire.

Edit: It seems it's simply called an "eagle rug".

In Slavonic tradition it's called orlec (from the world "eagle").
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline ilyazhito

• OC.net guru
« Reply #408 on: April 06, 2016, 09:17:52 PM »
Indeed, but it should be irrelevant for this example. Both the Julian and Revised Julian parishes use the same Paschalion, and thus the weeks of Lent would be the same, as the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts texts are  predominantly Triodion based, with some Oktoechos content. Unless there was a polyeleos-class feast (The 40 martyrs of Sebaste, or the Finding of the Forerunner's Head) or a parish feast, Menaion content (which is governed by the calendar), would be almost non-existent, and thus irrelevant.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #409 on: April 06, 2016, 09:37:23 PM »
:laugh: And what's more, I'm usually one of the main participants in such disputes :P
The Bema?
Probably, this thing with an eagle rug. I think our nun fixed it while I was getting up and checking if nothing was on fire.Edit: It seems it's simply called an "eagle rug".
In Slavonic tradition it's called orlec (from the world "eagle").

Today the presbytera told me not to kick the escabelo. The only other time I came across this word was in the Bible, and all English translations get it as footstool, which doesn't make any sense in English.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:38:56 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #410 on: April 07, 2016, 03:54:48 AM »
I once waited three hours for confession in a church in a long line and when I got to the front there were only about three people left and the priest said that those who hadn't been involved in the pre-confession prayers earlier before the line formed didn't get to confess.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:55:24 AM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2016, 10:01:34 AM »
My priest started chanting the Trisagion hymn instead of the Anti-Trisagion hymn "Before Thy Cross" this past Sunday during the Liturgy.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #412 on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
My priest started chanting the Trisagion hymn instead of the Anti-Trisagion hymn "Before Thy Cross" this past Sunday during the Liturgy.

How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline scamandrius

• Merarches
« Reply #413 on: April 07, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »

YOur image didn't display, Mor. Something you wanted to discuss? 

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #414 on: April 07, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
Indeed, but it should be irrelevant for this example. Both the Julian and Revised Julian parishes use the same Paschalion, and thus the weeks of Lent would be the same, as the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts texts are  predominantly Triodion based, with some Oktoechos content. Unless there was a polyeleos-class feast (The 40 martyrs of Sebaste, or the Finding of the Forerunner's Head) or a parish feast, Menaion content (which is governed by the calendar), would be almost non-existent, and thus irrelevant.
You didn't understand that it was Mor's joke ;)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #415 on: April 07, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

Nah.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline scamandrius

• Merarches
« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »

So, it's rude to point out when someone, even a priest, does not abide by the Typikon?  Will wonders never cease?

Nah.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #417 on: April 07, 2016, 06:08:43 PM »
So, it's rude to point out when someone, even a priest, does not abide by the Typikon?  Will wonders never cease?

Well, either

a) it's a "liturgical mishap", which means it was unintentional (as I suggested in my lengthy response in the other thread where you brought this up) and you would do well not to make it more than it is; or

b) your priest really is refusing to abide by the regulations in the Typikon out of some kind of rebelliousness, in which case it's not a "liturgical mishap", but something you should try to address through the proper channels (of which OCNet is certainly not one). 

My money is on a). 

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #418 on: April 07, 2016, 06:34:24 PM »
Sometimes I see grammar mistakes in some texts, almost always related to second-person pronouns. Out of curiosity, do you think it would it be rude if the reader just read it correctly instead? I think most texts are translated by people who are always present.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
Something relatively tiny.
Today we had our parishional feast (st. John the Ladder), the head of Polish Church - metropolitan Sava - was presiding.
During the sermon he claimed our parish is celebrating now the 150th anniversary. The problem is that last October he was presiding the solemnities of the 110th anniversary of our parish.

But, probably fortunately for him, most of the people haven't noticed this mistake, as he was speaking in Russian (instead of Polish), and I was told about this mistake by one of very few parishioners that really knows Russian and noticed the mistake.

This parishioner said also another mishap of our metropolitan, it was 10 years ago: he was giving orders to a few important people, saying their names, and when he was supposed to give the order to a parish rector (not our) he said "This order is for.. I don't remember the name, let it be given" - he waved his hand and have the order.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »
This parishioner said also another mishap of our metropolitan, it was 10 years ago: he was giving orders to a few important people, saying their names, and when he was supposed to give the order to a parish rector (not our) he said "This order is for.. I don't remember the name, let it be given" - he waved his hand and have the order.

I think I would like your Metropolitan.  :)

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

I think I would like your Metropolitan.  :)

He is very straightforward and likes starting conversation (but he's not talented in languages, so I rememer him once starting talking in Russian with 2 Japanese guys; the additional problem is that he doesn't know Russian very good, he uses Polish words with Russian endings, so nobody understands him sometimes and that's problem for people writing relations from some events for various websites), so when he saw you, for sure he would start a joyous talk. He also doesn't hide emotions, that sometimes is not good, I mean especially tv broadcasts, they're full of metropolitan Sava's mishaps ;)

Edit: every time people notice if metropolitan is in a good mood or not, and today they said he was, espeically that he "granted" us a very long sermon (normally he's in rush during our parishional feast, as at 5 PM he must be at the cathedra to serve Vespers) and added 40 years to our parish, that's a prestigious thing. And believe me, it's not ironical statement.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:54:12 PM by Dominika »

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2016, 02:09:27 AM »
I almost started a fire last Wednesday... I irresponsibly left a lit up candle on a paper support on the side chair while doing my prostrations. It was all under control, but suddenly the candle just consumed so fast and the support was all on fire. I managed to get it out of the nave and nothing happened. Thanks God, it was right one of the few unupholstered chairs in the church, otherwise it could have been a lot worst..

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »
I almost started a fire last Wednesday... I irresponsibly left a lit up candle on a paper support on the side chair while doing my prostrations. It was all under control, but suddenly the candle just consumed so fast and the support was all on fire. I managed to get it out of the nave and nothing happened. Thanks God, it was right one of the few unupholstered chairs in the church, otherwise it could have been a lot worst..

No wonder you asked about arson...

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »

No wonder you asked about arson...

Yeah, we had this conversation after this little fire. But I suppose this should be deliberate arson. But I guess my case would be arson and desecration altogether.  :police:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:16:18 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
From this Saturday:

We have a very young 89-year-old deacon who is otherwise in better physical shape (and spiritual as well) than I am, except in one particular way: his hearing.

So, he wears hearing aids, which normally function rather well when he wears them.  Except this Saturday, when they seemed to bother him.  So he took them off.  At the beginning of the sermon.

Suddenly, the church sound system was emitting a high-pitched squeal which made all thought impossible.  I tried to shuffle on, and I knew it had to be a hearing aid, but I figured it was coming from the people in the pews and they would eventually mob-shoulder-tap the culprit as they usually do.

After the first minute, they all shifted about nervously.  None of the usual suspects.

So, we shut off the sound system.  Still, the air was filled with that painful screech that seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time.  It set off my tinnitus, and that's when I left the Royal Gates in search of the sound.  Finally, I located it.  Next to the deacon.  It was his hearing aid, sitting on the seat next to him in the Altar.

"It is bothering me, so I took it off."

"Yes, but it is loud.  Please turn it off."

"What?"

"Your hearing aid.  Turn it off."

"Yes, that's why I took it off.  It was loud."

"PLEASE TAKE THE BATTERY OUT."

"I will fix it after the service."

"PLEASE TAKE THE BATTERY OUT NOW."

He looked puzzled, so I can only imagine that my ample mustache was interfering with his lip reading.  So, I reached for the hearing aid.  I guess that was enough sign language for him to get the point, and he quickly snapped it up and pulled the battery out.

I would have called it 'blessed silence', except that my ears were now ringing with tinnitus (the same note I get with my headaches).  Somehow I rambled through the last of my sermon and finished the liturgy.  While everyone else went to the pancake breakfast, I found a place in the Sunday school to lie down and wait for the ringing to go away.

You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline Keble

• All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2016, 12:31:06 PM »
One incident most of you Orthodox don't have to worry about, at any rate: we had a communion hymn, antiphon with verses in parts, sung by all. Second verse, the organist skipped ahead a line of music. Result: awesome cacophony. Amazingly, the choir managed doggedly to keep singing while the organist got back on track.

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »

Several years ago, I visited another parish in the diocese for Sunday Liturgy.  At some point in the second half (after the Sermon), I observed an altar server hand the censer to a (sub)deacon (through one of the open royal/deacon doors).  As the handing off happened, for some weird reason, both taking part kind of looked away after their hands grasped it.  At this moment, the charcoal puck leaped out on to the floor.  I seemed to be the only person who immediately noticed, but since I was only visiting and was only acquainted with a few people, I just watched, hoping someone would notice.  After about 30 sec with no one noticing, I quickly walk up to the deacon door and point it out whereupon they freak out and pick it up.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
In my parish, for Palm Sunday, we always put a row of palm fronds up and down the center aisle.

Several times, yesterday, the ushers had to help people get the palms out of their way because the fronds were very thick and leaned over too far.  :laugh:
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
This year I've put on fire by paschal basket on Great Saturday; this blessing of the baskets in Poland is done over the whole Saturday, famileis come church when it's suitable for them, and this year we came a bit later than usually, and the whole group was waiitng quite a long (more than 30 minutes) for the priest, so the candles became realtivley short when the ceremony started and then ended; instead of taking my basketr directly after the ceremony, I decided firstly to kiss the epitaphios (like my parents, that were waiting in the background) as the rest of the people were taking their baskets from the table and there was a chaos. So I took the basket lately, and noticed that somebody put off the fire and that a part of the basket's hoder doesn't exist anymore. The problem is that I had borrowed this basket from my mum.

I should have put the candle into the cake or in a more straight way, or just firstly take the basket.

My basket just before this accedent (with wine),

Offline Indocern

• BANNED for rules violations
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #430 on: May 03, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »
When I was standing in the church, the bishop come to me and catch my hand and give me advice.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #431 on: May 03, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
This year I've put on fire by paschal basket on Great Saturday; this blessing of the baskets in Poland is done over the whole Saturday, famileis come church when it's suitable for them, and this year we came a bit later than usually, and the whole group was waiitng quite a long (more than 30 minutes) for the priest, so the candles became realtivley short when the ceremony started and then ended; instead of taking my basketr directly after the ceremony, I decided firstly to kiss the epitaphios (like my parents, that were waiting in the background) as the rest of the people were taking their baskets from the table and there was a chaos. So I took the basket lately, and noticed that somebody put off the fire and that a part of the basket's hoder doesn't exist anymore. The problem is that I had borrowed this basket from my mum.

I should have put the candle into the cake or in a more straight way, or just firstly take the basket.

Kinder egg? Modernism!  :laugh:

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #432 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:34 PM »

In the lower right-hand corner... is that a glass of salt?
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #433 on: May 03, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »
When I was standing in the church, the bishop come to me and catch my hand and give me advice.

Now there's a mishap!

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #434 on: May 03, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

If the ending was: When I was standing in the church, the bishop come to me and catch my hand and give me a kiss/a bite it would be a mishap. Or at least something unusual.

Anyway, I'm wondering what a kind of advice it was.

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #435 on: May 03, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

If the ending was: When I was standing in the church, the bishop come to me and catch my hand and give me a kiss/a bite it would be a mishap. Or at least something unusual.

He was seen how I get holy communion from the priest and come to me and give me advice how to correctly get it. He also asked me how Adam was sinned. And tell me to read one book, that I already have, from one Bulgarian Archimandrite. He was with him monastic clothes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:46:55 PM by Indocern »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #436 on: May 03, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

He was seen how I get holy communion from the priest and come to me and give me advice how to correctly get it. He also asked me how Adam was sinned. And tell me to read one book, that I already have, from one Bulgarian Archimandrite. He was with him monastic clothes.

So nothing surpsing. I thought at least it was "You would be a good monk, you should try it." or "You would be a good priest. I can present you to an ideal candidate for matushka/popadija"

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #437 on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

So nothing surpsing. I thought at least it was "You would be a good monk, you should try it." or "You would be a good priest. I can present you to an ideal candidate for matushka/popadija"

This he told me before 2-3 years. Now he is metropolitan.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:57:19 PM by Indocern »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

There must be a shortage of grandmothers in your parish.
Don John pounding from the slaughter-painted poop
- GK Chesteron, "Lepanto"

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »
Yes.

Now there's a mishap!

There must be a shortage of grandmothers in your parish.

Why?

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
Because they're usually the ones in charge of telling people that they're not taking communion correctly or not dressed properly, and also propagating weird theological opinions. If there aren't enough grandmothers to do this then the burden falls on the clergy.
Don John pounding from the slaughter-painted poop
- GK Chesteron, "Lepanto"

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #441 on: May 03, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
The old lady who working there and selling candles once said to girls with short skirts to wear the long skirts from the church and enter the church, but they deny and she say that she will call the police and the girls exited the church.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #442 on: May 04, 2016, 01:51:52 AM »
Sometimes I see grammar mistakes in some texts, almost always related to second-person pronouns. Out of curiosity, do you think it would it be rude if the reader just read it correctly instead? I think most texts are translated by people who are always present.

In our parish's copy of the horologion, the readers have marked out mistakes. 
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #443 on: May 15, 2016, 01:00:52 PM »
During the hymns before the Epistle today, one of the candle stands fell over. Someone picked it up right away. No harm done. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #444 on: May 20, 2016, 02:49:54 PM »
When I was getting Holy Communion, because I was disgusted by the other men that get Holy Communion before me I don't stick my lips on the spoon and part of the Holy Communion go on the cloth that priest give to you when you receive Holy Communion and the priest told to me: look what happened :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:50:28 PM by Indocern »

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #445 on: May 20, 2016, 05:41:24 PM »
When I was getting Holy Communion, because I was disgusted by the other men that get Holy Communion before me I don't stick my lips on the spoon and part of the Holy Communion go on the cloth that priest give to you when you receive Holy Communion and the priest told to me: look what happened :laugh:
Be really careful with that, dude! Canons are very harsh towards the holy species falling on the floor!

In our cathedral in particular, the spoon doesn't touch our mouths, we open our mouths wide, the celebrant puts the spoon there and drops it in our tongues. I heard this practice is widespread among Ukrainian Greek-Catholics.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:42:48 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2016, 03:09:42 AM »
Be really careful with that, dude! Canons are very harsh towards the holy species falling on the floor!

In our cathedral in particular, the spoon doesn't touch our mouths, we open our mouths wide, the celebrant puts the spoon there and drops it in our tongues. I heard this practice is widespread among Ukrainian Greek-Catholics.

Yes I will be more careful.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2016, 03:48:31 AM »

Why were you disgusted with the men in front of you in the Communion line?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:48:51 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Indocern

• OC.net guru
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2016, 04:53:29 AM »

In principle I'm such I can't eat something that is eaten by other people, other time I was getting Holy Communion more successfully.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:05 AM »

In principle I'm such I can't eat something that is eaten by other people, other time I was getting Holy Communion more successfully.

It's not like they're chewing up Christ and spitting Him back into the chalice for the priest to serve to you.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"