Author Topic: Two hundred churches coming to Moscow  (Read 1818 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
Two hundred churches coming to Moscow
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:11:59 PM »
Acting mayor of Moscow, Vladimir Resin, announced plans for the construction of two hundred Orthodox churches throughout the city.

From the article:
"He noted that it is planned to build most of these Orthodox churches in Moscow bedroom districts and building options are worked out and approved by the Patriarchate.

:angel: 
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mark 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

Offline rakovsky

• Toumarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: Two hundred churches coming to Moscow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »
Wow.
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline CRCulver

• OC.net guru
  • St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi
    • ChristopherCulver.com
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Romanian Orthodox Church
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:37:47 AM »
A politician's promises will not fortify people in the Faith. I think that the promotion of the Church by a politician will result in backlash and decrease confidence in the Church.

The promotion of the Church by politicians has done much good for the Church in Russia. The rebuilding of the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour was coordinated by the mayor, and it's full all the time.

Offline WetCatechumen

• Roman Catholic
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
This is very good news.
"And because they have nothing better to do, they take cushion and chairs to Rome. And while the Pope is saying liturgy, they go, 'Oh, oh, oh, filioque!' And the Pope say, 'Filioque? That-uh sound nice! I think I divide-uh the Church over it!'" - Comrade Real Presence

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »

Do not post political discussion in the General Forum area.  A few posts discussing the nature of democracy have been split off from this post and placed in the Poltics forum where they belong.  If you do not have access to this Private forum and wish to engage in that discussion or others, please PM Fr. Chris for access.

Thank you.

-Schultz.
Orthodox-Catholic Discussion moderator
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:56:15 AM by Schultz »
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen